Store bought flavored water can be unnecessarily expensive.
It also often contains artificial flavors, colors and sweeteners that you don’t really want to be putting into your body if you care about your health.
Fruit infuser water bottles are the latest solution, providing healthy, tasty alternatives to soft drinks that can also save you money in the long run.
What’s not to love?
This article will introduce you to the best fruit infuser water bottle models on the market right now and share some tips on what to look for when selecting a good fruit infuser water bottle for your needs.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Fruit Infuser Water Bottle
The main thing to decide on here is the volume of water you want your bottle to carry.
If you’re often out for the day without access to a good water supply for refilling your bottle, a larger option around the 1L / 35 Oz. mark is a good choice.
On the other hand, if you’re just popping out for a short time or want something to have on hand at the gym, a smaller volume between 500ml and 750ml (or 18 – 26 Oz.) might be better.
Other things to consider include whether you want your infuser to be able to infuse other things such as herbs, lose leaf tea and coffee, whether you want to be able to use your infuser for hot water as well as cold, the material (plastic or glass), how easy it is to clean, and the style of mouthpiece you prefer.
If you’re on the lookout for a protein shaker as well, check out article on the best protein shaker bottles.
How to Use Your Fruit Infuser Water Bottle
OK, so your gorgeous new fruit infuser water bottle has arrived and you’re ready to try it out.
The first thing you’ll want to do is give it a wash in some warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
Next, it’s a case of choosing your flavor of choice.
It can be as simple as whatever you have on hand or what is in season, or you could visit your local supermarket specially and pick out some mouth-watering fruits and vegetables depending on what you feel like.
Some great ideas for combinations of fruit or vegetables in your infuser water bottle are:
- Mixed berries
- Cucumber and mint
- Carrot and pineapple
- Apple and orange
- Pear and ginger
- Strawberry and basil
Another great tip is to use frozen fruit. Your water will be ice cold with the flavor of the fruit but without having to actually put ice in your bottle. Win!
There is no wrong combination of fruit or veggies, but there are some guidelines worth following.
For example, fruits and vegetables that have clear juices are the best options. Bananas or avocados, for example, are probably not a great choice!
Always wash your fruit and vegetables and then slice into thin slices to allow it to release maximum flavor, but keep the pieces big enough that they won’t sneak through the slots in your infuser.
You should be able to refill your water bottle a couple of times with the same fruit before it runs out of flavor. And remember, you can definitely still eat the fruit and veggies after they’ve been used in your infuser.
The flavor won’t be strong but they will still contain valuable fiber and some vitamins and minerals too.
Try adding it to your smoothy or baking it into some bran muffins.
TOP 13 Best Fruit Infuser Water Bottle Reviews 2019
Infusion Pro Water Infuser
Review: This is an extremely popular and well-designed bottle, with multiple features that set it apart from the crowd.
The infuser is in the bottom of the bottle rather than the top meaning the water in your bottle is always in contact with the fruit for extra infusion, and it is removable for easy cleaning.
It is leak-proof, extremely tough, durable and good looking too!
- BPA free.
- Comes with a neoprene sleeve that is insulating and has a wrist strap for easy transport.
- Bottom infuser means the fruit continues to flavor your water as the level runs low.
- Removable stainless steel strainer sits inside the lid for extra filtering of seeds and pulp.
- Lid is a little stiff to snap open and closed, to begin with.
This is a top rated fruit infuser water bottle on the market and for good reason. It ticks all the boxes for a reliable fruit infuser and is probably the best fruit infuser water bottle 2019.
Hydracy Fruit Infuser Water Bottle
Review: This is another top-rated fruit infuser water bottle with excellent design features and a robust, durable design.
It comes with an insulated sleeve so your bottle won’t sweat if you fill it with ice, and it will stay cool for longer.
It also has graduated time markers on the side so that you can keep track of your water intake and make sure you’re reaching your hydration goals.
- BPA free, eco-friendly plastic.
- Full length removable infuser basket.
- Free recipe ebook.
- 100% leak-proof.
- There is no space for ice cubes either side of the infuser.
This is another of the best fruit infuser water bottle if you don’t mind the top infuser design. It is well made, durable and very good looking.
Origin Best Tea and Fruit Infuser Water Bottle
Review: This highly versatile glass bottle is a great choice if you’re looking for an infuser bottle that can be used hot and cold for tea or fruit.
Completely BPA free using glass, stainless steel and bamboo, this tumbler is non-toxic and eco-friendly.
- Neoprene sleeve works as an insulator and shock absorber to protect the glass.
- Fine stainless steel infuser is ideal for lose leaf tea, herbs, coffee or fruit.
- The smooth glass lip of the bottle is easy to drink out of like a cup.
- Silicone O-rings provide a leak-proof seal.
- Small infuser means the water is only being infused when the bottle is full.
This is a beautifully designed infuser bottle that is completely non-toxic, safe for acidic, hot and cold beverages.
Live Infinitely Water Infuser
Review: This is another good fruit infuser water bottle with a full length top loading fruit infuser rod and a neoprene sleeve for insulation.
It has time marked graduations to let you know whether you’ve met your hydration targets and it comes with a free ebook full of yummy recipe ideas.
- Comes with an insulated sleeve.
- BPA free Eastman Titan Plastic.
- Travel hook is slightly larger than other bottles which is handy.
- Double O-Rings for leak proofing.
- May have some durability issues if you don’t handle it carefully.
This is a good fruit infuser water bottle. It’s not indestructible, but if you treat it with some care, it will do what it’s supposed to do.
OMORC Sport Fruit Infuser Water Bottle
Review: Very similar to the Hydracy bottle above but at a cheaper price point. It has a full-length removable infuser, a flip-top lid that keeps the mouthpiece clean and protected and comfortable grippy hand holds so the bottle won’t slip through your fingers.
- BPA free, shatter resistant Titan plastic.
- Anti-slip rubber thumb and finger grips on each side of the bottle.
- Comes with a recipe book and cleaning brush.
- The cap can be a little tricky to secure.
- It may have some durability/leakage issues which could be expected from the lower price point, and only seems to affect some bottles.
This is a well-designed, affordable fruit infuser water bottle with great grippy handles and a good sized infuser.
Sharpro Infuser Water Bottle
Review: Very similar to the bottles above but much cheaper, this bottle actually has some unique design features that make it competitive with the more expensive bottles.
The infuser has a flat bottom which means you can stand it up and fill it with fruit when it’s not in the bottle.
- BPA free Titan plastic is eco-friendly and durable.
- Double non-slip grips.
- Comes in a large variety of color choices.
- Flip-top lid has an easy thumb release button.
- Very affordable.
- No insulation sleeve so it will sweat if you fill it with water that is significantly colder than the air.
This is another great option for a fruit infuser water bottle that is well designed and good quality.
Fresh Fusions Fruit Infuser Water Bottle
Review: This bottle is smaller than the majority of the other bottles on this list being 24 Oz. instead of 32 Oz.
It has a sleek, streamlined design that looks as though it’s made of glass but is actually top quality Titan plastic.
- The infuser cage is particularly large compared to the bottle, making for maximum infusion potential.
- Locking lid prevents leakages on the road.
- Slim design fits in all cup holders.
- Doesn’t have rubber grips but this is less important if you’re using the insulation sleeve anyway.
This is an ideal water bottle if you’re looking for something a little smaller and sleeker than the standard 32 Oz. size.
Savvy Infusion Water Bottle
Review: This fruit infuser comes in two sizes, 24 Oz. and 32 Oz. and its lid had as a handy loop shape making it very easy to grab and carry.
It is also easy to clean and simple to use.
- Leak-proof screw top lid is more reliable than the pop top lids.
- The medium sized infuser allows space for ice in the body of bottom.
- The lid comes apart into two pieces to allow for easy thorough cleaning.
- Be careful not to push the infuser into the bottle as it may get stuck.
If you prefer a bottle that lets you drink out of it like a cup as opposed to toddler’s style Sippy-cup then this is the bottle for you!
LA Organics Fruit Infuser Water Bottle
Review: This is another bottle with a refreshingly different lid design from the pop-tops on this list. It’s a very popular design and has received excellent reviews. The simple design means there’s little to go wrong, making this a reliable, functional infuser bottle.
- Time-graduations on the side do encourage you to stay hydrated.
- Screw top lid is extremely leak-proof.
- Good sized infuser is easy to use.
- Not shatter-proof plastic.
This is a simple tumbler style bottle with a screw-top lid that lets you drink out of the bottle like a cup, so while it won’t be great on the road, it is guaranteed to be leak-proof.
Danum Fruit Infuser Water Bottle
Review: This is a top quality fruit infuser water bottle that comes with a lifetime warranty so it’s a very safe choice and literally ticks all the boxes.
The 32 Oz size holds a decent volume of water that will last you a little while when you’re out and about.
- BPA free Titan plastic is durable and shatter-proof.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty so you can be sure of the quality.
- Full-length top loading removable infuser.
- Flip-top lid keeps the mouthpiece clean, locks shut and has a finger loop.
- Rubber finger grips.
- Some possible durability and customer service issues from the manufacturer.
Overall this is a great fruit infuser water bottle that is easy to use, easy to clean and does a good job of infusing your water.
Brimma Leak Proof Infuser Water Bottle
Review: This is a solid mid-range infuser bottle which is a reliable choice. It is durable and leak-proof, provided you make sure the lid is screwed on properly, and the infuser is a versatile size.
- Good sized carry handle makes it easy to transport.
- Mid-sized infuser is a good compromise and allows for ice or larger pieces of fruit.
- Leak-proof and shatter-proof BPA free plastic.
- Non-slip grip.
- Doesn’t have an extra strainer in the lid so some seeds may get through if you don’t take them out before-hand.
This is a good fruit infuser water bottle made of good quality materials at a reasonable price point.
Asobu Flavour Water Bottle with Fruit Infuser
Review: This glass water bottle is a great alternative the plastic options on the market if you don’t mind something a little heavier or breakable.
Glass is a completely non-toxic alternative to plastic and is safe to use with the acidic fruits like lemons.
- Removable infuser is BPA free.
- Hard glass is durable and not easy to break.
- Contrary to instructions, it may not be a good idea to put the lid in the dishwasher.
- The metal handle that attaches to the infuser is weak and may detach.
This is a great option if using plastic is a deal-breaker for you, but unfortunately it’s not as well designed as some of its plastic counterparts. Still a great bottle though!
Great Gear Infuser Water Bottle
Review: This fruit infuser water bottle comes with some different infuser/strainer options resulting in a more versatile bottle that can be used in different ways.
- Comes with two different sized infusers for different amounts of fruit.
- Space for ice cubes under the smaller infuser.
- Comes with extra strainers that sit in the lid so you can put larger pieces of fruit outside the infuser.
- Not as good looking and not quite as good quality as the bottles above.
This is a good option to go for if you like the idea of being able to put ice or larger pieces of fruit outside the infuser.
That wraps up this article on the best fruit infuser water bottles. I hope you have great success replacing sugary drinks with delicious fruit infused water!
Be sure to comment below if you’ve tried one of these bottles, and of course, subscribe if you haven’t already!