21 Best Yoga Mats
You either love yoga, or you are trying to learn to love it. Even those that do not like it the first time come back and try it again. It usually takes time to get the hang of it, so do not stop after the first time. It is important that you use a yoga mat. It is better to have your own then use a community mat. You can find an affordably priced yoga mat if you are not convinced you will love it. The options are limitless; continuing reading this article to find out more about the best yoga mat options.
What Are the Best Yoga Mats?
A quick search for the best yoga mat will give you the same result over and over, which is the Manduka yoga mat. They have been manufacturing the best yoga mat options for decades. They sustainably source their ingredients and manufacture in a no-waste plant. Their yoga mats are non-toxic and latex-free, and many of them are vegan friendly. They are safe for your skin. They are safe for the environment. Manduka offers many different options; each one has a special feature. They tend to fall on the more expensive side, but their fans will tell you they are worth it.
- What Are the Best Yoga Mats?
- Manduka Prolite Yoga Mat 4.7mm
- Manduka Pro Yoga Mat 6mm - Premium Choice
- Manduka Pro Travel Yoga Mat 2.5mm - Editor's Choice
- Manduka Eko Yoga Mat 5mm
- Rogue Yoga Mat
- Manduka Eko Lite Yoga Mat 4mm
- Dralegend Yoga Mat
- Manduka Eko Superlite Travel Yoga Mat 1.5mm
- CAMBIVO Extra Wide Yoga Mat
- Manduka X Yoga Mat 5mm
- Plyopic All-In-One Yoga Mat
- B YOGA Strong 6mm B Mat
- Manduka GRP Hot Yoga Mat 6mm
- Yapeach Yoga Mat
- Manduka Begin Yoga Mat 5mm
- Gaiam Athletic Yoga Series dynaMAT Xtra-Wide Mat
- Pogamat Thick Yoga Mat
- Clever Yoga Premium Non-Slip Yoga Mat
- Yogi Bare Paws - Extreme Grip Yoga Exercise Mat
- TOMSHOO 8mm Yoga Mat
- AmazonBasics TPE & Suede Yoga Mat
- What to Look For in A Yoga Mat?
- What’s the Best Yoga Mat for Men?
- What’s the Best Yoga Mat for Women?
- What’s the Best Yoga Mat for Kids?
- How To Clean a Yoga Mat?
- What Size Yoga Mat Do I Need?
- What’s the Best Thickness of Yoga Mat?
Manduka Prolite Yoga Mat 4.7mm
- PRO SERIES YOGA MAT: Professional quality dense cushioned 4.7mm thick yoga mat. More lightweight and portable for home, gym, or studio use. Pair with one of our performance towels for extra grip during sweaty sessions
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Extra comfortable medium thickness for improved stability, and joint protection. 4.7mm cushioned exercise mat provides support on any surface. Built to last a lifetime-- Closed-cell material seals out moisture and sweat
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Beloved by teachers worldwide for nearly 20 years. Meticulously crafted in Germany, from PVC that has been certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX. Responsibly crafted in a sustainable emissions-free facility
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Our PRO series mats are built to last a lifetime. Closed-cell technology material wicks sweat and moisture, and is easy to maintain and clean. To keep mat looking great, use Manduka's Yoga Mat Wash Cleaner.
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Standard size- 71 x 24 inches, xtra Long- 79 x 24 inches 4.7mm thick. Each mat is meticulously handmade, so sizes may vary slightly. Offered with a Lifetime Warranty when sold and shipped by Amazon
Review: The Manduka Prolite Yoga Mat comes from the top yoga mat manufacturer with decades of experience. There are certain features you can expect from every Manduka product, and the Prolite is no exception. This mat is about half the weight of the Proline as it weighs about 4 pounds. This makes it lightweight and perfect for on the go. This mat is a standard 71 inches long and 24 inches wide. There are no toxins created as a result of manufacturing this mat. It is latex-free and biodegradable.
- Comes in many more colors than the Pro version.
- Does not hold moisture and will never give off a bad odor.
- Maduka provides a lifetime warranty.
- There is a longer break-in time than you probably really want.
This is for those looking for a lighter mat, and the extra cushioning is not as important.
Manduka Pro Yoga Mat 6mm - Premium Choice
Review: The Manduka Pro Yoga Mat comes from the top yoga mat manufacturer with decades of experience. There are certain features you can expect from every Manduka product, and the Pro is no exception. This mat weighs 7.5 pounds. This mat provides you a little more comfort for those looking for ultimate cushioning. This mat is a standard 71 inches long. You can expect this mat to last you a lifetime, even with daily use.
- Helps reduce the amount of waste found in landfills.
- Does not hold onto odor and will never stink.
- Maduka provides a lifetime warranty.
- This mat is bulkier and heavier than the Prolite.
This is for those who are looking for extra comfort and cushioning.
Manduka Pro Travel Yoga Mat 2.5mm - Editor's Choice
- CONVENIENTLY PORTABLE: Lightweight and easy to take to your next retreat or anywhere your adventure takes you. At 2.5mm in density, comfortably cushion your spine, hips, knees, elbows, or any point of contact on hard floors.
- NON-SLIP: Provides greater stability on any hard or soft surfaces. Proprietary bottom material allows its grip to improve with every use to help prevent injury.
- SWEAT RESISTANT: Closed-cell construction blocks from sweat, preventing the build up odors and makes cleaning a breeze.
- NATURAL: Responsibly crafted in an emission-free facility. OEKO-TEX certified, meaning it's 100% safe for you, your kids, and pets. Help curb the amount of PVC mats that enter landfills every year and reduce overall mat consumption.
Review: The Manduka Pro travel mat is from the Pro line series. This is the lightest and thinnest of all the mats. The texture of this mat is the same as the others in the series and maintains density despite only being 2.5 mm thick. You can fold this mat and carry it in any bag without causing any damage to the mat. These mats are safe to use, and the process by which they are manufactured has no toxic emissions.
- Has a lot of grip.
- It is simple to clean by simply wiping with a damp cloth and allowing it to dry.
- This mat is 71 inches long by 24 inches wide.
- You can feel the floor because of the thinness of the mat.
This is a great yoga mat for those that want to carry their mat with them wherever they go.
Manduka Eko Yoga Mat 5mm
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Dimensions: [standard] 71 x 26 in, [long] 79 x 26 in
- Material: natural tree rubber, biodegradable cotton and polyester
- Recommended Use: yoga
Review: The Manduka Eko Yoga Mat has a two-layer construction to provide durability. The top layer is separate from the rest of the mat. This helps to keep water away from the inside of the mat and resists wear. The mat is on the tacky side, so your hands and feet do not slide all over while practicing yoga.
- This mat is easy to roll up and always lays flat.
- It is easy to clean with a combination of vinegar and water.
- The mat is 71 inches long by 26 inches wide
- This mat is on the heavier side at 5 pounds and 14 ounces.
This mat is great for someone that wants to practice yoga that is not heated.
Rogue Yoga Mat
Review: The Rogue Yoga Mat does not have a fancy name, but it comes with the utilitarian design that you have come to love about Rogue. This mat is definitely made for the occasional Yogi or the person who wants to stretch after a workout. This mat is thin, giving you the ability to connect with the floor. This mat is textured to help create a non-slip environment for you. It is 68 inches long by 24 inches wide and .125 inches thick.
- You can easily roll up this mat for travel anywhere.
- Reversible, allowing you to use either side.
- Free of latex and phthalate, so you can feel good about using it.
- This is a thin mat that may tear and slide easily while being used.
This is an ideal mat for the CrossFitter that wants to do some stretching and light yoga.
Manduka Eko Lite Yoga Mat 4mm
Review: The Manduka Eko Lite mat uses tri-layer technology to provide you with the best combination of grip, resistance to slippage, and comfort. This mat wants you to bring your sweatiest yoga session, and it will make sure you keep your grip. It is made from tree rubber that is sustainable because it is not harvested from the Amazon. It is biodegradable and non-toxic. For anyone that is allergic to latex, it is 99 percent latex-free. This mat is lightweight, coming in at only 4 pounds but is 4 mm thick and provides the cushioning you need.
- It is 71 inches by 24 inches.
- Does not contain PVC or other harmful plastics.
- Manufactured at a zero-waste facility.
- It has an interesting smell, and you may want to let it air out before you use it.
This yoga mat is for the yogi that wants to purchase sustainable yet functional products.
Dralegend Yoga Mat
- UPGRADED ECO & SKIN FRIENDLY MATERIAL - Say NO to a skin-irritant and slippery yoga mat! You won’t want a yoga mat that can be only used for few times. Made of premium TPE, Dralegend yoga mat solves many problems with other materials, unlike rubber and PVC, it's odorless, much more resilient, incredibly lightweight, extra soft to practice on and anti–skid.
- DUAL - SIDE ANTI-SKID DESIGN - Stop making your yoga a toil! No one enjoys slipping and sliding - You need a truly grippy and safe fitness mat, especially when doing hot yoga. Upgraded with non-slip texture for optimal grip on both sides, you can practice yoga in many forms on wood/tile/cement floor without any worries. When dripping sweat, the TPE material absorbs moisture, reducing the risk of injury and keeping you cool and cozy in any session
- JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF SUPPORT & CUSHION - Did you know? Too much thickness brings down the stability of the mat while a thin one will leave you bruised knees. That’s why we choose the best thickness - 6mm(0.24 inch), keeping things especially grippy and safe - even durable, offering plenty of support with just the right amount of cushion for your joints and knees.
- EASIER TO CLEAN & Ideal Size - It’s okay to get lazy! Cleaning this exercise mat is more than easy - just wipe it with soap water, and rinse under water. Occasional washing will help it remain immaculate, as though you bought it yesterday! With a large size of 72 x 26 x 0.24 inch, you don’t have to worry your toes stretching out of the mat anymore.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE - The fitness mat weights only 32ounce. Rest sure with our 2 year quality assurance, if you feel dissatisfied in anyway, you can always contact us to get a replacement or refund, we stand behind our brand.
Review: The Dralegend Yoga Mat has three layers of technology to provide durability and resistance to tearing. The bottom layer includes a membrane that resists tears. The middle layer is made of hot compression to give you more density. The top layer has a surface that allows you to keep your grip to not slide in the middle of a pose. This mat provides the ultimate cushioning that will not flatten no matter how many times you roll it up.
- Mat has a thickness of 6 mm.
- Free of latex and will not crack.
- It is 72 inches by 26 inches, which makes it 2 inches wider than your average mat.
- It does not have any markings to help you find a center or to position yourself.
This mat is perfect for someone looking for an all-around quality mat that can go anywhere.
Manduka Eko Superlite Travel Yoga Mat 1.5mm
- Your favorite pose is never far from reach when you've got the eKO SuperLite Yoga Mat packed and ready to go.
- The Manduka eKO SuperLite Yoga Mat will leave a lasting impression on all yogis.
- Features Manduka's proprietary natural closed-cell rubber and comfortable sea-grass texture for performance and durability and also folds for easy stashability.
- Superior grip to perform in the sweatiest conditions.
- Made from non-Amazon harvested natural tree rubber.
Review: The Manduka Eko Superlite Travel Yoga Mat comes with all of the features of durability you have come to expect from a Manduka yoga mat. The only difference is this one is ideal for travel. You can fit it easily into any one of your travel bags. Not only will this mat not tear, but it will not stretch. The mat has a surface that is open cell, which keeps your sweat from soaking into the mat.
- It is 99 percent latex-free making it ideal for someone with latex allergies.
- There is no PVC, plastics that are toxic or dyes.
- Many color options available, so you are sure to find one you like.
- The color of the mat may discolor from use.
This yoga mat is ideal for the yogi that wants a Manduka mat specific for travel purposes.
CAMBIVO Extra Wide Yoga Mat
- Comfort and Cushioning: high-density and soft TPE material boosts sufficient cushioning and shock-absorbing features; this yoga mat will effectively protect your body from discomfort and reduce your joint pressure; offer a solid and stable base for an unparalleled workout experience
- 8mm & 6mm Thick Options: 2 thickness available; 8mm is more suitable for yoga beginners and provides excellent protection for your spines, hips, elbows, and knees, especially in the forearm and kneeling poses; 6mm is better for experienced yogis and offers you better balance and groundedness to do more advanced yoga poses
- Double-sided Non-slip Surfaces: sufficient grip brings a more connected feel to your practice; help you focus on your breath and postures without the distraction of slipping on the fitness mat; strong traction prevents the grounding mat from sliding or slipping on the floor, like the wood floor, tile floor, and cement floor
- Durable TPE Material: free from PVC and latex; no worries about exposure to harmful odor when using the mat; can be used as play mats for kids to spend a lot of time; the durable and eco-friendly mat can service you for quite a long time
- Lightweight & Portable: more lightweight than regular mats and easy to carry to the gym, yoga studios, or anywhere you want; the travel yoga mat comes in 5 unique colorways to brighten your practice; feel free to choose the right color and fit your personality
Review: The CAMBIVO Extra Wide Yoga Mat is an overside mat coming in at 73 inches long by 32 1/4 inches wide. It has a design that is double layer to ensure that it does not slip on the floor, and you did not slip on the mat. Both sides of the mat have a textured surface to ensure no slipping. Do not let the fact that this mat is lightweight fool you; it provides all the cushioning you need. It weighs a little more than 4 pounds but can be easily rolled up and taken with you.
- It is moisture-proof, so it will not soak in your sweat.
- It is easy to clean and does not hold odor.
- Provides you enough room for all your movements.
- The material compresses easily, especially if you stand in the same spot for every movement.
This is for someone looking for a large yoga mat that may also be used for other types of exercise.
Manduka X Yoga Mat 5mm
- YOGA AND FITNESS: The Manduka X Yoga Mat is designed for athletes ready to add a professional quality mat to their arsenal of workout tools. Ideal for multi-purpose use.
- CONVENIENTLY PORTABLE: Lightweight and easy to carry to and from the gym, field, studio, and home. Take your practice and exercises with you anywhere.
- COMFORTABLY THICK: With a superior density of 5mm, the thick cushioning of the Manduka X Fit Mat provides both joint protection and comfort.
- SLIP-RESISTANCE: Hygienic closed cell construction. Superior dry grip to prevent slipping and injury. Highly textured surface which provides a great dry grip.
- ENVIRONMENT-FRIENDLY: Non-toxic, eco-friendly manufacturing, 100% latex free. Free of chemical solvents and manufactured in an energy-efficient facility.
Review: The Manduka X Yoga Mat is intended to expand the Manduka line beyond yoga. This is for the athlete that wants to do it all with the same mat. The cushioning and density provide you superior cushioning to support your bones and joints. It is constructed with a closed-cell design that prevents moisture from seeping into the mat. This provides you with a healthier and safer mat that does not hold on to odors. It is lightweight, allowing you to take it anywhere you want to workout, even outdoors.
- There are no chemical solvents in this mat.
- It is latex-free and non-toxic.
- It is 5mm thick and offers optimal thickness.
- It gets slippery when it is wet.
This yoga mat is intended for an athlete that wants to perform cross-functional exercises.
Plyopic All-In-One Yoga Mat
Review: The Plyopic All-In-One Yoga Mat is a vegan-friendly mat that uses materials that are safe for humans and the environment. It comes in at 72 inches long and 26 inches wide, which is longer and wider than the average yoga mat. The base is made of rubber, giving the mat (and you) a firm grip on the floor. You can choose to wear socks or go barefoot on this mat. It comes with a carrying strap so you can take the mat on the go with you.
- It whisks away moisture better than any yoga towel.
- The center line encourages you to find correct positioning and posture.
- Limited edition designs allowing you to select a more unique looking mat.
- There have been some complaints about the material flaking off the top of the mat.
This mat is perfect for the Yogi that enjoys many different types of Yoga and Pilates.
B YOGA Strong 6mm B Mat
- THE BEST YOGA MAT: A premium yoga, fitness, and workout mat from B YOGA. This 6mm (1/4-inch thick) yoga mat is the perfect thickness and weight to provide grip and comfort during exercise, from super sweaty and fast-moving flows to room-temp yin with long holds.
- ECO-FRIENDLY & BIODEGRADABLE: Crafted with 100% non-slip rubber, this eco-friendly fitness and yoga mat features natural, open-cell technology for moisture-wicking, anti-odor properties. Our yoga and pilates mat can withstand heat and high-intensity workouts! The B Mat also utilizes synthetic rubber for increased durability and longevity.
- STAY GROUNDED: Uniquely designed for traction, stability and superior grip, this deluxe yoga mat provides comfort and support. Each B-MAT has an ultra-grippy, sticky top to keep you grounded and stable. The non-slip design on our textured mat is easy to clean and care for.
- PERFECT FOR EXERCISE: Made for superior performance, this non-slip yoga mat is perfect for anyone! Whether you practice high-impact Vinyasa, want extra comfort for Restorative or meditation, or need support for pilates and stretching, these exercise mats are ideal for anybody. Our colorful yoga mats are designed with an emphasis on performance with beautiful, contemporary design.
- ABOUT B YOGA: Our B Mat is made in Spain. B YOGA is committed to creating sustainable and responsibly produced no-slip yoga mats and yoga equipment for home, gym, and studio workouts. The B Mat is made in regular and thin versions for the ultimate versatility.
Review: The B Yoga Strong Mat is constructed from a unique type of rubber originally used for carpets. This allows these mats to be incredibly grippy and durable. They are environmentally friendly mats. These mats can stand up to your toughest workout with all the heat and sweat you want to bring. They use open-cell technology, which keeps your sweat from creating a pool on the mat. Your hands and feet can grip the mat without sticking to it.
- Excellent company that is honest and provides optimum customer service.
- All of their products use sustainable ingredients.
- Many beautiful color choices.
- Must be kept away from sunlight, or it will get hard.
This mat is for those that want to get deep into their pose and have plenty of cushioning.
Manduka GRP Hot Yoga Mat 6mm
- ULTRA SLIP RESISTANCE: Ideal for any hot (or just plain sweaty) yoga practice. Tri-layered construction maximizes grip in sweaty and dry conditions. Innovative leather-like top layer a no-slip grip no matter how much you sweat.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: Responsive ride provides luxuriously dense and smooth support with the right amount of rebound at all points of contact. Perfect for several types of yoga including Bikram, Vinyasa, or Ashtanga.
- ODOR-ABSORBANT: Charcoal-infused natural rubber core absorbs sweat to eliminate odors. The surface of the GRP Mat is moisture-wicking, even at at highest temperatures.
- DITCH THE TOWEL: 100% open airflow technology that filters moisture immediately, even for max sweat levels. The GRP Mat offers the ultimate towel-less experience.
- ZERO WASTE: Natural yoga mat made from sustainably harvested tree rubber. Unlike other rubber mats available, there are no toxic chemicals used in manufacturing process to soften rubber.
Review: Manduka cosigners the GRP Hot Yoga Mat to be their most innovative. It has a rubber core that is charcoal infused. The top of the mat provides a leather-like surface, completely unlike the rubbery feel you are used to. This mat is intended to capture all your sweat and whisk it away. The more you sweat, the more grip you feel. This mat is constructed from a polyurethane that is open-celled. This means there are tiny holes in the top of the mat that soaks up the sweat, so it does not create puddles.
- The mat is 71 inches long by 26 inches wide.
- The core and bottom layer of the mat use tree rubber that is sustainably harvested.
- There are no toxic emissions during the manufacturing of this mat.
- It has a pretty terrible smell when you first unroll it; consider washing it first.
This mat is best for those that sweat a lot and want their mat to soak up the sweat.
Yapeach Yoga Mat
- [Eco-friendly Material] : Yapeach yoga mat is made of SGS certified Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE) material to protect your knees and ankles. Compared with traditional material such as PVC, NBR or EVA, TPE is safer, more durable and has more cushioning and anti-slip effect.
- [Non Slip and Safe] : Composed of double layers with 2 different textures, this exercise mat provides an optimal grip and excellent cushioning. The leaf pattern is beautiful, comfortable and anti skip, ensured your safety of home gym no matter how vigorously you exercise. Large dots pattern has strong grip so that it can stop you from sliding on the ground.
- [Body Alignment Design] : Alignment lines are designed for guiding yogis to workout more standard when they gym at home. This workout mat can help you adjust your hands and feet to accurate positions and correct your yoga postures to be more scientific and precise.
- [Anti Tear and Dirt Resistant] : With international standard thickness 1/4"(6mm), Yapeach yoga mats are durable and non-deforming home gym equipment on the basic of cushioning for your joints and knees. And the closed-cell material effectively isolates dust and moisture to keep sweat and odors at bay, making it easy to wipe clean.
- [Lifetime After Sale] : The stability of this yoga mat is guaranteed. To ensure the quality, 3-month money back, 2-year replacement and lifetime after-sale service are provided for you.
Review: The Yapeach Yoga Mat is lightweight and easy to fold and take with you to any class. It resists tears and dirt, which makes it much easier for you to care for. You do not have to remember to wipe it down after every single class, especially those days when you are in a hurry. It is made carefully with material that is not toxic. It is durable to stick with you through any workout. It is 6 mm thick to gives you extra comfort. The lines on the mat help make sure your hands and feet remain in the proper position.
- It has an affordable price.
- Alignment lines help keep you in the proper position and centered.
- The dot pattern on the bottom prevents the mat from moving.
- There are not many color options from which to choose.
This is a great mat for someone looking for quality at an affordable price.
Manduka Begin Yoga Mat 5mm
Review: The Manduka Begin Yoga Mat is cushioned perfectly for the beginner to yoga. It helps someone new to yoga feel more confident in the new movements. It is reversible and a different color on each side. The two colors compliment each other. The mat has a line down the middle to help guide your positions and keep you centered. As with all Manduka mats, this mat is constructed from natural rubber and is non-toxic.
- Does not have PVC or any plastics.
- It is produced in a facility that creates no waste.
- This is 68 inches long by 24 inches wide and weighs 2.5 pounds.
- You may find that you slip on this mat.
This mat is intended for those who are beginners at yoga.
Gaiam Athletic Yoga Series dynaMAT Xtra-Wide Mat
- Features a textured, 'sticky' non-slip surface
- Reversible - two colors
- PVC is great for those with latex sensitivities
- 10" longer and 2" wider than traditional yoga mats - Ideal for heights 5'10" and over
- 78"L x 26"W x 5mm
Review: The Gaiam Athletic Yoga Series dynaMAT Xtra-Wide Mat was created for the athlete that needs a longer and wider mat. This gives you the ability to be more stable and provide more space. This mat is sticky on one side to help you hold poses even in hot yoga. The other side is textured to ensure that you do not slip. It is constructed of long-wearing PVC, making it free of the most harmful phthalates.
- This mat has a thickness of 5 mm.
- Perfect for those who are taller and over 5’ 10”.
- It is free of latex.
- It has an incredibly strong smell that does not go away quickly.
This mat is perfect for someone who needs more space to work on and maintain difficult poses for extended periods of time.
Pogamat Thick Yoga Mat
- Feels Great On Your Body: Thick memory foam exercise mat helps protect your body from injury and your floor from damage. Pogamats yoga mat is designed to be your travel yoga mat and gym mat all in one
- Yoga Mats For Home Gym: Oversized yoga mat perfect for any light cardio, stretching, pilates, meditation mat or ab mat. So comfortable it's a perfect floor mats for kids
- Thick and Reversible: The Top consists of a soft texture for added comfort and grip. The Bottom is composed of a large honeycomb groove anti slip pad for grip. Included yoga strap
- Eco Friendly and No Odor: In addition to feeling nice on your body, all Pogamat extra wide exercise mats are produced through eco-friendly techniques.
- Replacement Warranty: All Pogamats come with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects in materials and craftsmanship. We stand behind the quality of our products and will replace your mat
Review: The Pogamat Thick Yoga Mat was created for the heaviest workouts to the lightest. No matter how difficult the workout is, the mat will not show wear. The mat will lay flat, and the edges will not turn up no matter how many times you fold it. You can use shoes on this mat without it getting torn into pieces. There are no toxins in this mat, so it will not harm the skin
- This mat does not have any strange odors.
- It is easy and simple to clean.
- The slippiness goes away after about a week.
- It is one of the thinnest mats you will find.
This mat is perfect for someone that wants to do varied workouts with shoes on this mat.
Clever Yoga Premium Non-Slip Yoga Mat
- Beautiful and premium gray yoga mat with intricate mandala design. Our gray shade represents perfect balance and unity- something you can strive for on this mat!
- Non slip ultimate grip: Workout with no worries on our premium non slip yoga mat. Our Liquid Balance Mat's thin yet powerful eco-polyurethane top layer wicks away moisture ensuring stable, safe and slip free practice- no matter how sweaty the session.
- Comfort without compromise: Our natural rubber yoga mat boasts a 4.5mm base cushion layer. The innovative two layer combination provides the optimal balance between comfort and stability, helping you feel grounded and supported through every pose. It can also still be a portable yoga mat, as it comes with it's own carry bag and shoulder strap which makes our yoga mat travel friendly.
- Increased practice space: Even our regular size Liquid Balance is still an oversized yoga mat compared to most on the market. Measuring at 72.8" long and 26.8" wide, its the perfect floor mat for yoga or fitness mat for exercise. And, due to it's generous size it is a suitable yoga mat for men and women.
- Mindful materials: Made from sustainably harvested, biodegradable tree rubber and eco- polyurethane. Our eco friendly yoga mat still allows connection to the Earth, even on cutting edge equipment. As it is a non toxic yoga mat there's no unpleaseant scent or pre care needed. Simply roll and go.
Review: The Clever Yoga Premium Non-Slip Yoga Mat has a coating of polyurethane that helps you maintain your grip even when you are at your sweatiest. The bottom of the mat is made from a natural rubber that creates a tight grip on the floor. This mat is slightly bigger than a typical yoga mat at 72.8 inches long and 26.8 inches wide. It may not seem like a lot of additional room, but it is just enough room to get in the right position. It will not absorb bacteria and sweat, so it will not become discolored or stained from putting your hands and feet in the same places.
- It contains no toxins or latex.
- The rubber is sustainably harvested.
- Clever Yoga offers a lifetime warranty.
- Many reviews claimed this mat stains easily, especially in the lighter colors.
This mat is great for someone that enjoys heated yoga and needs a mat that will not slip.
Yogi Bare Paws - Extreme Grip Yoga Exercise Mat
- EXTREME NON SLIP GRIP - Yoga Mat with an extra firm perforated rubber surface that stops sweaty hands and feet from slipping during yoga practice. Better grip means better support compared to a foam yoga mat. IDEAL FOR: Bikram / Hot Yoga, Pilates, Meditation and other low-intensity exercises. Not suitable for HILT training or vigorous exercise.
- BODY ALIGNMENT & POSITION GUIDELINES - The central line design works as a guide to make sure you have yourself in the correct position, with hands and feet in the boxes at the end. Useful for mastering your yoga poses and perfect for beginners who are just starting to practice Yoga.
- ECO FRIENDLY, NON-TOXIC NATURAL RUBBER - 100% natural PU rubber made from high performance, eco conscious, sustainable materials. Biodegradable and recyclable. We use only natural plant based dyes and laser etch our design to avoid any toxic inks. (May contain traces of latex, as natural rubber and latex are both sourced from the Pará rubber tree)
- IDEAL FOR ALL LEVELS OF YOGA - Our PAWS mat is a yoga mat for women, for men, for everybody and every body! No matter what level of yoga you’re currently at, this will be ideal for you. It’s body position lines and non slip features help to improve balance and stability, making it an excellent choice for beginners, with a premium quality that experienced yogis will love.
- LOTS OF SPACE WITH 4 mm THICKNESS - The PAWS mat measures 180 x 66 cm, providing ample space for you to practice your poses. The 4mm thickness means it's comfortable to lie on but thin enough to roll up and transport. Perfect for home use or for taking with you to the gym or office WEIGHT: 2.5 kg. EASY TO CLEAN - Simply wipe with lemon juice diluted in warm water to clean.
Review: The Yogi Bare Paws Extreme Grip Yoga Exercise Mat is made of rubber that is planet and animal friendly. They are vegan and do not contain PVC. Even colors use water-based dyes. The map is a closed-cell, which means it is excellent at keeping away odor. It is easy to clean with lemon in warm water. There is no foam in this mat. It provides you a more superior grip no matter what position you are in. The alignment guides are laser etched to ensure you are always in the proper position.
- While the mat is 4 mm, it is incredibly firm.
- The guidelines create boxes so you know where your feet and hand should be placed.
- The mat is easy to clean with a simple wipe down.
- The mat is thin and may not be comfortable for all.
This mat is perfect for those that like to do hot yoga and HiiT training.
TOMSHOO 8mm Yoga Mat
Review: The TOMSHOO 8mm Yoga Mat has two layers to give you a more durable mat. It is textured on both sides so that it will not slip on the floor, and you will not slip on the mat. The mat is constructed of 3 layers of TPE. The top surface provides you an anti-skid layer so you will feel secure in all your poses. The middle layer provides enhanced density due to its compress tech. The bottom layer contains a membrane that will resist tears.
- It comes with its own carrying bag.
- This mat has an affordable price tag.
- It is lightweight and portable while remaining comfortable.
- This mat does not have many color options
This yoga mat is perfect for someone that wants a durable, sweat-resistant mat for an affordable price.
AmazonBasics TPE & Suede Yoga Mat
- Premium yoga mat for at-home yoga practice or in-studio classes
- Also useful for Pilates, stretching, meditation, and other strengthening, toning, or restorative floor exercises
- Made of durable TPE and suede for flexibility and reliable strength
- Cushioning thickness and non-slip surface provide added stability, comfort, and safety when holding or moving through poses
- Measures 74 by 24 by 0.3 inches; choice of stylish color; backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
Review: Amazon has tried their hand with their AmazonBasics TPE & Suede Yoga Mat, and it does not disappoint. This mat gives you enough stability for your most challenging poses. It gives you enough cushioning that you can use it on any hard surface, no matter how long you are holding the pose. This mat is a combination of suede and TPE that gives you the strength and flexibility you need to withstand any workout.
- This mat gives you a significant amount of cushioning.
- The mat is long and perfect for someone tall.
- Affordable price.
- You must keep this mat away from direct sunlight and heat, or it will melt.
This mat is perfect for someone that wants to do any exercises on the floor.
What to Look For in A Yoga Mat?
While it may seem that picking the best yoga mat should be an easy choice, it is not always. Every day, there seems to be another yoga mat option. It is easy to become overwhelmed and uncertain. There are some key features you want to look for in the best yoga mat for you.
The thickness of the mat is important. This mat is what is protecting you from the floor. This mat is providing cushioning while you hold the most difficult poses. A mat that is 1.5 mm is thin, and you can find a mat as thick as 8 mm. A typical yoga mat is going to be around 3.3 mm thick and a middle-ground option. Most yoga mats are constructed from rubber or vinyl, also known as PVC. Rubber mats are more environmentally friendly but do not have a spongy feel. PVC mats are most common and will last a long time. We all want a yoga mat that provides a good amount of grip. The texture of the mat provides that. The more you sweat, the more grip you will need to prevent you from sliding. The textured mats may be uncomfortable to you, and there are smooth mats available, but you want one that controls the amount of moisture that pools on the mat.
What’s the Best Yoga Mat for Men?
Whether you are new to yoga or not, you want to find the best yoga mat for you. Typically, a man needs a yoga mat that is longer and wider to give you the additional room you need to spread your arms and legs. You want a mat that gives you a superior grip: the more that you sweat means, the more important a mat that grips will be. I will guess that you probably weigh closer to 200 pounds and therefore need a durable mat and can withstand the weight you will put on it. The best yoga mat that checks all those boxes is the Manduka Pro. It is longer, wider, and thicker. It will give you all the extra room you need plus the thickness to hold up to daily use. It is durable and will be able to last as long as you can.
What’s the Best Yoga Mat for Women?
It is true that women have different needs than men; if you are a taller or heavier woman, you still want a mat that provides you more space. You also may want a mat that is more cushioned for your joints. Everyone wants a mat that is durable and going to hold on for a long time. The Gaiam Premium 2-Color Mat is the best yoga mat for women because it is an all around great and affordable mat. The mat is reversible, making it feel like you get two mats in one. It is textured so your hands will not slip even as you heat up. It is thick enough to provide cushioning for your joints.
What’s the Best Yoga Mat for Kids?
Phresh Kids Yoga Mat is the best yoga mat for kids. It is non-toxic and friendly to the environment. It has cute designs and shapes on the mat that are engaging for your child. It comes with an app that has yoga exercises specific to kids. The mat does need to air out for a few days as it has an unpleasant odor. This mat is a smaller size making it ideal for kids’ use.
How To Clean a Yoga Mat?
You really should clean your yoga mat every day, after each use. Even the best yoga mat needs regular cleaning. You sweat on this mat and touch every part of it with your hands, feet, and other parts of your body. Therefore, cleaning it is a must. You should clean and disinfect your mat after each use. You may see people lining up to use spray bottles at your yogi studio. It most likely has some natural disinfectant in it. A good one is equal parts distilled water and white vinegar, with a splash of tea tree oil. Tee tree oil is a natural antimicrobial. You should spray both sides of your yoga mat and then wipe it all down. You can also find a solution similar to this that is already pre-made.
While that process may disinfect your yoga mat, it is not really cleaning up. For that, you should get another spray bottle and fill it with warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Do not use too much soap, or you will leave a film on your yoga mat. Spray both sides of your mat with this mixture, and then scrub it with a microfiber cloth. Do not scrub too hard. Then you can rinse off your mat with warm water and let it air dry. Washing it once a month is a good practice unless it smells like you need to clean it sooner.
What Size Yoga Mat Do I Need?
When looking for the best yoga mat, you want a mat that is 6 inches taller than you. Most yoga mats come in a standard size, 24 inches wide and anywhere from 68 to 72 inches long. A mat that is 68 inches is 5 feet, 8 inches and is a perfect size for most women. Some guys can use this size mat comfortably, but not everyone. The 72 inch mat is 6 feet, which is more adequate for a male. If you are taller than 6 feet, you most likely want to find an extra-long mat to ensure it is long enough. However, for most men, 72 inches is an appropriate size.
What’s the Best Thickness of Yoga Mat?
The thickness of a mat is what may make a specific mat the best yoga mat for you. Typically, you can find a mat with a thickness of anywhere between 2 mm and 6 mm. There are some that are a little thicker, while some are a little thinner. A 6 mm mat is one of the most popular mats you will find. These mats are a balance of durability and cushioning. These mats do get heavy and weigh as much as 9 pounds. A 3 mm yoga mat is about as half as thick as the 6 mm; it still gives you adequate durability and support. This mat will be lighter, making it much easier to transport. These mats may wear down faster but also tend to be less expensive. There are 2 mm thick mats that are incredibly thin and may not provide enough support for knees and other joints. These mats do give you a substantial amount of traction. There are some thicker mats that go up to 12 mm, which is really quite thick. They provide the most cushioning, which makes it great for Pilates.
There you have it, everything you need to know about the best yoga mats. We hoped to tie a nice bow around this information and put it in a package the is approachable and honest. We have discussed the many different qualities of a yoga mat, including the size, thickness, traction, and durability of many different yoga mats, to give you an idea of the options available to you. You want to take a little time and look at all the yoga mats we mention here. Many people have multiple yoga mats, and each one is used for a different type of yoga or exercise. If you are new to the world of yoga, you probably do not want to make that kind of investment. We hope this article gives you knowledge about the best yoga mats and how to pick one for yourself. There are many good options on the market, and your personal preference plays a large role in which mat will work for you. Good luck as you begin your journey down a path of peaceful calm.