If you’re interested in starting a tire workout routine, you may wonder what the best workout tires are and how to compare them. There are so many on the market to choose from, and some are better for tire training than others. You’ll notice that some are especially for tire workouts while others are regular tires that you’d find on a tractor or an ATV. It doesn’t genuinely matter which kind you choose since both have their share of benefits. Even the ones that are designed for tire workouts are meant to be strong and durable, so you can exercise with them how you desire.
Before you research the idea of tires for your workout, you should consider if this is the exercise for you. Fortunately, it can work a variety of body parts at one time, such as when you perform a tire flip. Specifically, you’re using your glutes, back, hamstrings, triceps, chest, and biceps. Therefore, it’s nearly a full-body workout in one exercise. Plus, you can perform other types of exercises with a tire.
We’ve dug out some of the best workout tires, so you can find the perfect fit for you.
- Top 10 Best Workout Tires 2023
- Fitness First Gym Training Tire
- TireFlip by The Abs Company
- Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire
- Stens 160-011 Tire, Black
- 15X5.00-6 2Ply X-Trac Tire Carlisle 2Ply
- Carlisle HD Field Trax ATV Tire - 22X12-8
- ITP Mega Mayhem Mud Terrain ATV Tire 27x9-12
- TIRE 25 X 13-9 HD Field TRAX John Deere Gator Carlisle
- Stens 160-687 K478 Kenda Tire, 16 Sale Stens 160-687 Tire Compatible With/Replacement For Kenda 074780860A1, 230M0067, MTD 734-1525, Snapper 7073455 415 Max Load Capacity, 14 Max PSI, 2 Ply, 8" Rim Size Lawn Mowers specs: Tire, Max Load Capacity: 415, Max PSI: 14, Ply: 2, Rim Size: 8", Tire Size: 16x6.50-8, Tread: Snow/Mud, Type: Tubeless, Notes: Designed to meet the demands of the outdoor power equipment industry, Ideal for snowblowers, tillers and other equipment requiring maximum traction, K478, Modern directional design to provide exceptional traction on mud, snow and ice, Provides the greatest amount of traction with the least amount of turf damage, Tread designed for variety of terrainReplaces OEM Number: Kenda: 074780860A1, 230M0067, MTD: 734-1525, Snapper: 7073455Stens one-year warranty ensures reliability and performance for every part.Stens branded parts are trusted by professional dealers to perform OEM quality repairs. The Stens name is featured on all Genuine Stens product packaging. Click Here for Pricing, Pictures and Reviews on Amazon.com Review: Fortunately, this tire is only 6.5 inches tall, so it’s easy to use for tire flips. They’re even easy to use if you’re of smaller stature since regular tires are usually bigger and are a bit awkward to use if you’re smaller. These are 15-inch wide tires. They’re authentic tires, so you may use them just like you would standard tires sold as the best workout tires. They’ll withstand a rigorous workout. You can use them for both indoor and outdoor use because they’re actual tires. When you buy used tires, they tend to have worn tread. However, when you purchase brand new ones like this one, you’ll reap the reward of tires that will not only function in your home gym but will blend in well, even with your high-tech exercise equipment. OBOR Advent ATV Tires 21x7-10, 6 Ply Sport ATV Tires (pack of 1)
- What Are Workout Tires?
- What Should I Consider Before Buying Workout Tires?
- What Are the Benefits of Using Workout Tires?
- What Are the Differences Between Connected and Disconnected Workout Tires?
- How Much Does it Weigh?
Top 10 Best Workout Tires 2023
What Are Workout Tires?
You may wonder what workout tires are and how they differ from standard tractor tires and other types of tires. Workout tires are ones that you use to perform exercises like tire flips. You can use them to perform lateral jumps or a triple extension. If you choose a workout tire that has a high workload capacity and consists of rubber, a person can use the tire with a sledgehammer. Workout tires are also ones that you can use to support your weight and lift yourself up to work out your arm muscles and possibly leg muscles, depending on the exercise.
If you check out the side of the tire, you may notice a few numbers in the serial number location. These numbers help determine the size of the tire. They’re on traditional tires, so you may notice them on your workout tires if you’re using a standard tire. They’re also highly durable, whether they’re a standard pair of tractor tires or ones specifically used as workout tires.
Sometimes, you’ll notice a protective covering on the tire, but that’s with workout tires that are specifically manufactured as exercise tires. In some cases, it’ll have charge model timers. Charge model timers can benefit you during your workout.
What Should I Consider Before Buying Workout Tires?
When you start doing exercises like a tire flip or other similar tire exercises, you’ll want to find a particular unit or set that’s specifically for your desired workout. For instance, if you’re doing tire training and you plan to use perform sledgehammer exercises, you should read up about the composition of the tire.
You’ll need ones that consist of real rubber because the other tires won’t hold up to this particular exercise. You’ll also want to take into consideration if you plan on using the tire only indoors or outdoors as well. Some are made for indoor use only. Before you purchase, you’ll need to figure out a size that works best for you.
Try for a lower weight that still seems like it’ll be a challenge until you build up strength and adjust to this particular exercise. Generally, you’ll need to look at both the lbs outside diameter and inside diameter. You can find this information on the serial number information.
In addition, purchasing new rather than large tires from a scrap pile or local tire store may mean your tires will last longer and look better in your gym.
What Are the Benefits of Using Workout Tires?
You can benefit from doing tire exercises in general, even if you don’t use a tire that’s specifically for exercise. They’re durable and can withstand a great deal of weight, especially when you consider that they’re designed to haul people since the ones not for exercise are originally designed to be used on a vehicle.
Workout tires are versatile. You can use them to work out your core muscles, arms, legs, and more. In fact, you may find that you can get a full-body workout with workout tires. You may use them to perform tire flips, which exercise various parts of your body. If you’re unsure of any other exercises, you can perform a simple internet search. You’ll discover a variety of ways you can incorporate tires into your workout, including exercises that require the tire to hold your weight.
You can find them in various sizes, so it’s not difficult to find a size that works well for your specific needs. Some tires are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. This means that you can use them in an indoor gym. On the other hand, you can perform tire flip after tire flip in an outdoor setting with them.
An example is the tire jump squat, which consists of your squatting and jumping onto the tire. Then, you squat and jump backward back onto the ground. This is meant as an explosive power exercise. It burns a higher number of calories than regular squats while it also increases both your upper and lower body strength. Additionally, you may opt to use it to perform the deadlift. For this exercise, you stand inside of the tire.
You turn your hands outward and grab onto the edges of the tire. Then, you lift the tire and bring it back down. You’re working both your legs and arms with this exercise. And these aren’t nearly the only options you have.
What Are the Differences Between Connected and Disconnected Workout Tires?
You’ll have the option to choose between connected and disconnected workout tires. Both can benefit your workout, depending on what your goals are. Both can help you build muscles in various parts of your body, including your arms and legs. Certain exercises you perform with either connected or disconnected workout tires work different parts of your body.
You might want to try working with both types of tires and discover for yourself which is the most beneficial for your workout. You may find that one feels more comfortable for you than the other. You might also feel that one type fits into your workout routine better than the other.
How Much Does it Weigh?
The weight of different tires varies based on the size and type of tire. Even the length and height aren’t good indications of the tire weight because some tires are wider than others, and some are more heavy-duty despite a more sleek design.
Even though the serial number location gives you information about the size, this won’t tell you how much the tire actually weighs. Instead, it tells you information about the size as opposed to the weight.
Sometimes, you can find information about how much the tire weighs in the product description. The tires that are specifically made for this type of exercise may weigh around or over 100 pounds. The weight may be under 100 for tires that weren’t made for gym purposes. If you’re unsure, use the inquiry form and ask.
Overall, tractor tires are versatile for a tire workout routine. You can perform different exercises, so it could benefit you to have a tractor tire in your home gym, even if you don’t plan on doing tire flips. Much of what ranked on this list as the top products are genuine tires that are designed for tractors and ATVs.
They’re incredibly durable, and you can use them for a variety of purposes in a home gym, including the Mega Mayhem mud tire and the Kenda Bearclaw. We even included a tire that officially a workout tire that’ll be easy on your floor as well as a product that’s much more space-efficient than the rest.
Plus, if you have any questions, you can always use the inquiry form to learn more before making a purchase.