Top 10 Flat Foot Insoles
Garagegympower is reader-supported. When you purchase through links in our articles, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Flat feet are a problem at every level: they cause pain in the foot, discomfort during movement, and they can even contribute to long-term mechanical problems in the knee and hip regions.
One way of reducing these aches, pains, and problems is with flat foot insoles. These offer support and cushioning to improve your posture and prevent pain – and today we’re looking at some of the best orthotics on the market for work, everyday life, and sporting comfort.
Whatever your foot and whatever your daily life looks like, we’re looking at the foot support you need – and why.
Buyer’s Guide: What to look for in a flat foot insole?
A good flat foot insole is first defined by its support of your foot arch. This is why you use an orthotic – to provide additional support for your foot posture.
Height and Support Rigidity
This helps reduce pain, discomfort, and mechanical risks up in the knee and hip regions. There are 3 general types of arch support orthotics that we’re looking at:
With a different level being useful for different severities of flat footedness. Lower arches provide more gentle support while higher arches are more supportive for very flat footed people who need ‘aggressive’ support to get their foot into a healthy position.
Foot Insole Material
A good flat foot insole will also use a combination of hard and soft materials. The uppers, for example, are best made of a softer material to absorb shock and keep your foot comfortable. This reduce the risks and symptoms of things like plantar fasciitis while walking or running
Softer supports are great for sports as they absorb repeated impact and cushion your feet, reducing foot strain. Harder orthotics provide more aggressive postural support for lower-impact, everyday movement like walking. Some orthotics, like the Physix gear, are hybrids – trying to be both at once.
Obviously, there are different levels of support and texture by brand and product. What matters is making sure that you have an orthotic for whatever you need most support with – it may be a good idea to get an everyday support as well as a sports insole to protect your feet whatever you’re doing.
Insoles that Adjust to Your Feet
Some orthotics like the WalkHero are great for how they adapt to your feet over time as they break in. This basically offers a closer experience to custom orthotics without the price or laborious process of getting measured.
This semi-soft, moulding upper is a huge benefit for long-term comfort and support. These orthotics offer more value for the same price, most of the time, and provide personalised support over time.
The closer you can get to a personalised, foot-specific product and experience, the better.
Durability and Wear
The last thing you want is to break in a pair of flat foot insoles only to have them fall apart a few days later.
Durability is a huge deal when it comes to orthotics since a good pair will be great for your feet, personally. Longevity is going to be a key factor when you’re wearing them everyday and rely on them for comfort and foot health.
Better durability makes a better product. Specifically, look at how the upper wears over time – as the main issues tend to be ‘peeling’ from the sole and bunching up, which can cause foot pain. Also be sure to check if your insole is removable, as changing shoes can rapidly degrade an insole.
This is how we select and evaluate products on GGP
In this article, we review a number of popular products that we have found using in-depth research and analysis work. The products you find in the article are sold by one or more of our partners. Although these partnerships may influence the range of products in the article, our recommendations are based on an overall assessment of the product.
We evaluate and compare products in the article based on:
- Official and impartial product tests
- Customer reviews and opinions about the product
- Data on user behavior and preferences
- Specifications, characteristics, and disadvantages of the product
- Guarantees, service, and reputation of the dealer
Apart from that, we compare the price and quality of each product and deliver our subjective assessments and recommendations to our readers. The position of the product in the list does not necessarily reflect its quality, as all the products we review are picked as the best choice for certain users.
These are podiatry-quality insoles without the price.
These orthotics provide outstanding quality and support with a mixture of arch support and comfort that has landed them on our top spot. The combination of a soft support with a firm, ergonomic design makes them perfect for anyone looking to support their flat feet.
- ★LASTING COMFORT - arch support improves foot and leg alignment, enhances comfort, and helps ease stress and uncomfortable caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis,good for Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain & heel spurs), Achilles Tendonitis
- ★DEEP HEEL CUP- to maintain correct foot positioning.protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
- ★PREMIUM EVA MATERIAL - It is excellent for shock absorption and foot fatigue,The fabric also helps keep your feel cool
- ★DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE - Provides moderate control and support in walking or casual hiking shoes, work shoes and boots.Comfort and cushioning for all types of leisure or everyday footwear
- ★RISK FREE - IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR INSOLES ,PLEASE BE SURE TO CONTACT WALKHERO CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN OUR RETURN POLICY ,WE WILL OFFER A REASONABLE AND ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION TO MAKE IT UP FOR YOU FRIENDLY REMINDER: WalkHero insoles are packed in resealable ziplock bag, Free to open and seal, please kindly keep the package intact before return. To avoid Amazon refuse your return request due to packaging damage, Please DO NOT use scissors to open it
These are an amazing choice if you’re unsure on what you want and need an all-purpose, high-quality orthotic for flat feet. They’re a perfect place to start if you’re looking for the best flat foot insole on the market when judging by both quality and price.
Pros and cons for WalkHero
- Effective for the majority of feet
- Great combination of comfort and support
- Brilliant value for money with a low price point
- Comfortable for exercise like running and weight training alike
- Not always perfect for everyone due to personal foot differences
- Can take a week to break in, making it a little uncomfortable initially
More about WalkHero
These aren’t custom insoles, but they offer arch support and shock absorption to prevent the 2 main problems of flat feet: over-pronation and overexertion. This helps all the way up through the foot muscles, ankle, knee, and hip regions.
The arch support is medium height, which makes them great for most people but will miss out on those needing extra-high support. This also makes them more suitable for running and workout shoes that don’t require very-high arches.
The only issue you may experience is initial discomfort. This insert is designed to adapt to your foot over time and requires breaking in, which may take up to a week but offers a near-custom level of comfort and support.
This is a premium orthotic for supporting flat feet with a specific focus on reducing over-pronation and combating plantar fasciitis. These are two of the most common causes of foot pain and they’re made of an antimicrobial material that combats foot odour and infection risk as well as foot pain.
- Full-Length, Total Contact Support - Our Original insoles feature an odor-control top fabric that helps reduce heat, friction, and perspiration while giving support to the entire length of your foot. These insoles are thin and designed for low-profile shoes.
- Firm But Flexible Design - Neutral arches are supported by semi-rigid arch support shell and deep heel cradle for increased comfort, stability, and motion control for those with standard arches
- Dual-Layer Cushioning - To keep these insoles thin enough for low-profile shoes, such as dress shoes, our Original insoles have two layers of thin cushioning to provide just enough comfort and support from heel to toe
- The Perfect Balance of Comfort and Support - Original orthotic arch supporting insoles stabilize and align feet to help relieve and prevent pain from mild to moderate pronation
- No Trimming Required - Moveable from shoe to shoe with no trimming required, these arch support insoles for women and men are intended for footwear where the factory insoles can be removed and designed for shoes such as Athletic (Walking/Running), Work, & Casual Dress Shoes. PowerStep Original insoles are proudly produced in the USA at our Ohio facility.
These are a slightly pricier option, but the money pays for extra longevity, a higher quality antimicrobial material, and a very true-to-size fit. These all make this the best premier option on the market – if you consider $30 a premium price tag at all.
Pros and cons for Powerstep Orthotics
- Really high quality cushioning and material choices
- Great middle-of-the-range support and arch height
- Effective in supporting a wide range of foot posture conditions
- Slightly higher price point
- Medium arch, once again, isn’t going to be perfect for everyone
More about Powerstep Orthotics
As with walk-hero, these are a medium cushion, medium height arch support orthotic. You’re going to get a noticeable but non-severe arch lift, and this makes them useful with running shoes and other workout footwear.
Dr Scholl’s are a longstanding brand in footcare and this orthotic is a good example of why: high quality, reliably effective, and all at a great price.
This orthotic is specifically designed as a running insole with extra shock-absorption as well as arch support. This is great for reducing the often-imperfect loading of lower body joints associated with flat footed running.
- Helps relieve and prevent pain from common sports injuries: runner's knee, shin splints, plantar fasciitis
- Keeps you on your feet longer
- Supportive cushioning reduces shock and reinforced arch support improves weight transition from landing to push-off
- Unique 3 zone heel-to-toe design reduces shock & keeps you on your feet longer
- Polygiene StayFresh technology neutralizes odors and keep insoles feeling fresh
If you’re looking for a flat foot insole to support healthier running, this is the perfect product. It’s specially designed for your needs and offers support and cushioning above and beyond your normal daily insole.
Pros and cons for Dr Scholl’s
- Running specific with hard-wearing uppers
- Supportive material with built-in shock absorption
- Easily adjusted to suit different shoes and feet
- Specifically useful reducing aches, pains, soreness, and running related pain
- May be a little spongy for some other non-running uses
More about Dr Scholl’s
They’re hard-wearing and survive even the toughest mileage, something that you might have problems with on a non-running insole. This is a great purpose-specific product that’s also easy to trim to your shoe, ensuring the best results no matter what you’re running in.
These are funky-looking insoles with a real focus on sports and offer a gel design with additional sole support. As with the previous product, these are softer than a daily orthotic but with a medium or average arch raise.
This is also reliably true to size which is a huge benefit to your peace of mind when buying. Fortunately, they’re also easy to trim just in case you do have individual needs or shoes that don’t quite fit them.
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS INSOLES: EASYFEET Black is the premium model of arch support orthotic shoe insoles. Designed for men and women with arch and heel pain to make their daily activity more comfortable. Special anatomy shape of the insoles enables proper arch support and distributes weight evenly. Feel the lightness at each step and simply allow you to stay on your feet longer
- OVER 46% OF SHOCK ABSORPTION RATIO: Our plantar fasciitis insoles for men and women are made from combination of strong arch and the forefoot and heel shock absorption pads for more strength to make more comfort during daily activities. The deep heel cup is accompanying more foot fixation and stabilisation to made a proper alignment of feet
- MULTI-PURPOSE ARCH SUPPORT INSOLES: Our insoles offer a number of benefits, including better shock absorption, increased comfort, improved heel fixation and stability. Anyone who experiences foot pain from plantar fasciitis could find a solution in EASYFEET Black insoles. This includes people in any age or professions, athletes, hikers, and anyone who stands or walks for long periods of time throughout the day
- GET MORE COMFORT IN DAILY ACTIVITY: Our plantar fasciitis insoles for men and women fit all sports, casual shoes or work boots. The breathable materials for air circulation and quick moisture absorbing keeps your foot dry and fresh to make the outdoor activities more comfortable. Black model with more than 62% of energy return ratio is a comfortable solution for people with an active lifestyle and professions that require standing all-day
- PLEASE CAREFULLY CHECK THE SIZE DETAILS BEFORE YOU PROCEED TO PAYMENT: Customer needs are the highest priority for us. We ensure the high quality of our products. We will take the insoles back even if they have already been trimmed! If you’ve received a damaged item, please message us and we'll solve the problem! Click “Add to Cart” for the best foot care now
These are a great option and only come second to Dr Scholl’s because of the price point. If you’re looking for an orthotic that has a little more give than the Scholl’s, these could be your new running, cross-training, or hiking orthotic of choice.
Pros and cons for EasyFeet
- Sport-specific for running and cross-training
- Effective combination of strong sole and a gel layer offers comfortable support
- Existing customers report squeaking during use after a while
More about EasyFeet
The support is also mild enough that they can be combined with a thin gel insole beneath these orthotics for hiking (and other long, weighted walks) specifically.
Dr Scholl’s Heavy Duty Orthotics
These are the Dr Scholl’s normal, non-sport orthotics that are designed for everyday use. They carry the same quality guarantee as the running version with a more supportive sole and less focus on shock-absorption for repetitive stress.
These are heavy-duty, designed for bigger men over 200lbs to provide more durable and cushioned support. This is important because the weight of the body determines what forces are going through the knee and hip regions, which contributes to long-term injury and pain risks.
- Specially designed for men over 200 lbs., tall and/or those with wide width feet
- All-day support & relief, every day
- Extra supportive heel cushioning surrounds the heel and relieves lower back pain & leg fatigue
- Durable and Built-to-Last
- Clinically Proven & Scientifically designed and engineered
If you’re in the market for a specialist insole for heavier men, this is the perfect place to start. It offers an extensive lifetime of high-quality support and the hard-wearing design you need to put miles through an orthotic while keeping your feet, knees, and hips happy.
Pros and cons for Dr Scholl’s Heavy Duty Orthotics
- Specific support for heavier men who might be having trouble elsewhere
- Great support for the arch with a combination of hard and soft layers
- Effective shock-absorption and cushioning (but less than a running-specific insole)
- Great durability even with the additional weight
- Can creak with use, which may be annoying
This is a specialist insole just like the last product but this time it’s extra-large, rather than being built for extra weight.
- Cut to Fit: Superfeet insoles are made to be trimmed to fit your shoe; follow cutting instructions before use. If you're between sizes, size up and trim down to fit
- High Arch & Wide, Deep Heel Cup: These orthotic insoles help stabilize and relieve stress on feet, ankles and back, and work with your body for maximum foot support
- Odour Control: These arch support insoles have a coating to help with odours in your shoes
You don’t get many options for very large sizes in orthotics. Fortunately, this Superfeet extra-large orthotic is going to provide plenty of support and offers a great option so that even big feet can be healthy and happy.
Pros and cons for SuperFeet X-Large
- Larger sizes cater for the guys who just can’t find the right orthotic
- Effective cut and design with gradual and healthy arch support
- Can be trimmed easily to fit into various types of shoe
- Quite expensive due to the specific cuts and sizing
- Can be creaky and make noise during use
- Don’t respond well to changing shoes, with increased wear and tear
More about SuperFeet X-Large
These are a premium build with higher sizes to accommodate less common, larger feet. This can be a saving grace if you’re struggling to get the right size in other insoles, since orthotics are quite specific to your foot shape and size.
The design of these insoles is great at whatever size with medium arch support and an effective, gradual change from the high arch into the heel cup.
Dr Scholl’s Work
This isn’t specifically a form of flat foot insole, but rather an advanced gel insert to reduce pain from plantar fasciitis and similar issues.
The arch support here is mild and suitable for everyone, as the focus is placed on basic cushioning and comfort. Arch support is there at low-mid level since these can be combined with all kinds of shoes.
- Clinically proven to provide all-day superior comfort specially designed for men with hard-working feet
- Eliminates tired achy feet & legs to stay energized
- The only extended gel cushioning that reduces the impact & shock to muscles & joints from working on hard surfaces.
- Adapts to provide added comfort & energy return to keep you productive with its responsive cushioning
- New Polygiene StayFresh Technology provides odor control and keeps feet feeling fresh
If you’re looking for a general purpose insole, flat feet or otherwise, this is a comfortable everyday choice. It doesn’t provide much arch support but, instead, offers comfort and softness on the soles of your feet to protect you from sore or strained feet when you’re on your feet all day.
Pros and cons for Dr Scholl’s Work
- Comfortable and durable
- Well-balanced for normal, everyday use
- Supports arches gently, at a lower level
- Great, versatile insole to protect your feet on long work days or while hiking
- Not very supportive on the arch
- Not hard-wearing enough for sports use
More about Dr Scholl’s Work
These are great for long days in work boots or hiking shoes, for example, as a way of improving the comfort of repeated strikes against the floor. They’re made of a soft, comfortable, breathable material with a massaging gel to provide a balance of support and ‘give’.
This helps reduce the aches, pains, and discomfort of long hours on your feet – whether in work or outdoor activity. They’re not hard-wearing enough for sport use and the gel doesn’t provide much arch support, but they’re great at the main role of cushioning – just don’t expect much support.
Powerstep Pinnacle Maxx
Powerstep insoles are well regarded for quality and function – and the pinnacle maxx is no different.
These offer additional heel support and a high-quality anti-microbial construction to prevent odour and infection when you’re on your feet for long periods. These are easy-transfer orthotics, too, allowing you to use a single pair across multiple pairs of shoes with ease – a huge time- and money-saver.
- Full-Length, Total Contact Support - Our Pinnacle Maxx insoles features a 2° heel post for greater support, motion control and correction of overpronation along with an odor control top fabric that helps reduce heat, friction, and perspiration
- Firmer But Flexible Arch Support - Pinnacle Maxx uses a neutral arch support shell and a deep heel cradle to increase comfort, stability, and motion control for those with standard arches
- Premium Dual-Layer Cushioning - For enhanced comfort from heel to toe. As the thickest of our Pinnacle insoles, these need to be worn in shoes were the factory insole can be removed
- The Perfect Balance of Comfort and Support - Pinnacle Max insoles stabilize and align feet to help relieve and prevent pain from overpronation which can cause; plantar fasciitis, achilles tentonitis, hip and back pain, bunions and calluses
- Exact Fit Orthotic Insoles - means no trimming required. Moveable from shoe to shoe with no trimming required, these arch support insoles for women and men are intended for footwear where the factory insoles can be removed and designed for shoes such as Athletic (Walking/Running), Work, & Casual Dress Shoes. PowerStep Pinnacle Maxx insoles are proudly produced in the USA at our Ohio facility.
The Pinnacle Maxx is a pricey insert that offers a harder, higher arch than most orthotics on the market. This can be a great choice if you’re really struggling with over-pronation or have had an unsatisfying experience with other inserts in the past.
Pros and cons for Powerstep Pinnacle Maxx
- High arch support for those needing more ‘aggressive’ support
- Tough, rigid arch helps improve foot posture
- Ergonomic arch design for better changes to overall foot posture
- High, hard arch support may not be for everyone
- Quite pricey compared to other orthotics
More about Powerstep Pinnacle Maxx
These offer a more rigid support than the Dr Scholl’s, for example, which is great if lighter insoles (such as those with gel) aren’t providing the support you need. This is also a specialist for higher arch support, compared to the usual “medium” that many orthotics use – making them perfect for feet that need heavier support.
These are size-specific and don’t require cutting which is perfect for supporting your foot across the whole length of the insert. It also takes out the fiddly process of trimming and is true to size, perfect for getting the sizing right the first time around.
Physix Gear Sport
These are a hybrid insert that is designed to bridge the gap between everyday use and running or sports insoles.
This means that they’re a gentler form of support and – if you’re really pressing through them – they’re collapsible in the arch. This is the price of a more comfortable, compressible sole for things like running where it helps cushion impact.
- ✅ STEADY ARCH SUPPORT: Physix high arch insoles are designed to be the best shoe inserts men & women need as a soothing solution for Flat Feet, Runner's Knee, Overpronation, Shin Splints, & Achilles Tendonitis. These plantar fasciitis insoles relieve Metatarsal Arch & Heel Aches, Metatarsalgia (Ball of Foot Pain), Patellofemoral Syndrome (Knee Pain), & Low Back Pain!
- ✅ LOW PROFILE, LIGHTWEIGHT, ULTRA THIN SOLES: Physix flat foot orthopedic insoles are more supportive than thick cushion insoles and won't alter the way your shoe fits. Our plantar fasciitis inserts allow more room in the toe box to ensure comfy fit in most shoe types: boots, booties, slippers, dress shoes, running shoes, sneakers.
- ✅ ERGONOMIC, NON SLIP DESIGN: Physix orthotic insoles are meticulously designed to reduce pain & discomfort, with semi-rigid arch support & heel cup for added support & stability while on the go. Plus each shoe insole has a non-slip heel to hold the insert securely in place throughout the day!
- ✅ SUPERIOR MATERIALS: Physix inserts are the best shoe insoles men & women love! Dual Base Layered High-Performance EVA foam & PU material helps correct abnormal walking patterns, relieves metatarsalgia, heel spurs, & knee pain.
- ✅ DEEP HEEL CRADLE FOR STABILITY ensures your feet get the best tender loving care they deserve, use after use. Ideal as overpronation insoles and perfect for improving performance & physical activity.
These are a great insert for anyone living an active life and looking for a mild support to their arch – as well as gentle relief on the soles. If you’re unsure what you’re looking for in a flat foot insole, this might be the perfect place to start as it offers versatile and non-specific support for everyone.
Pros and cons for Physix Gear Sport
- Gentle arch support is helpful for everyone
- Hybrid orthotic offering a combination of everyday and sports foot-support
- Relatively inexpensive for newcomers to the market
- Not very strong support for more severe cases of flat feet
- Hybrid design means they’re not specialised to either sport or daily use
More about Physix Gear Sport
These are also wider through the foot which makes them the perfect choice for wider feet that need some arch support but nothing aggressive. This is a great choice for sports purposes where it won’t cause strain and can help reduce the risks and symptoms of plantar fasciitis (like foot pain and cramping).
Self-sizing and easy-to-trim design also make these easy to adjust to your needs but do require a little effort to fit them to your shoes. This is a great, all-purpose, entry-level orthotic you can use as a starting point, offering gentle support in a comfortable and easy to fit product.
Currex are offering the most expensive item on today’s list with their running-specific insoles. This is a premium flat foot insole to combat both over-pronation and repetitive stress while running.
You’re going to get medium—low arch support from this orthotic with a greater focus on cushioning. This helps protect your feet from heel spurs and sole pain when you’re putting in miles on the treadmill or the road. This also means less risk of repetitive stress injury and fracture.
- DYNAMIC INSOLE SHOE INSERTS: Each CURREX premium insole boasts a different shape, arch height, and flex; allowing for a perfect, customized fit. RunPRO insoles deliver sensational comfort, optimized motion, and enhanced stability for greater confidence.
- ADDED CUSHIONING & REDUCES ODOR: The midlayer of these orthotic insoles provide moisture wicking and charcoal to reduce odor. There is also a PORON Heel for shock absorption and rebound, along with PROPO+ for powerful propulsion.
- ANATOMIC FLEXIBLE SUPPORT: RunPRO insoles have flexible support with just the right level of rigidity. They include a 3D dynamic arch for anatomic support, dynamic stability and for less fatigue.
- DESIGNED TO REDUCE INJURIES & PAIN: These arch support insoles are designed to reduce injuries and pain from plantar fasciitis and other common foot problems. Replace after 600 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first.
- GREAT FOR RUNNING: Wear these running insoles for triathlons, marathons, and every day running and walking. Appropriate for all shoes with removable liner. If added to shoes without removable liner, you may need to go up half a shoe size when ordering the insoles.
This is a more expensive insert for running that provides some great ergonomics and support that the serious runner will appreciate. This does incur additional costs but are great for rougher ground and uneven running – like trails and cross-country.
Pros and cons for Currex RunPro
- High-performance insole for serious runners
- Effective balance of support and cushioning for running
- Ergonomic design with medium-low arch support to reduce foot-strain
- May not be as hard-wearing as others on this list
- Can squeak while walking
- Pricier than other products
More about Currex RunPro
There’s a lot of heel support in this insert, which can be really helpful if you have aggravated plantar fasciitis when running. This also directly reduces the dangers of heel-striking and the discomfort of heel spurs – letting you focus on technique without worrying about pain.
This is a product that you’ll feel more for higher-performance running. It can take serious wear and tear in endurance running but offers better support and performance along the way. The only problem is the stress that distance running puts on the insoles – with some customers complaining that these insoles wear quite easily within a few hundred miles.
Our Final Thoughts: The best flat foot orthotics
A good flat foot insole doesn’t have to be expensive – high-quality inserts that we’ve looked at today mimic the kind of quality and support seen from custom $$$ products. There are options for just about every size and shape of foot out there.
The WalkHero is our favourite orthotic insert for flat feet because it moulds to your foot with use and provides personalised arch support. This is also great with the medium-hard support and focus on improving posture.
The Dr Scholl insert isn’t as hard but can be a great sport insert if you’re looking to stay active without hurting your feet. Being prepared with a flat foot insole for any occasion is relatively inexpensive and can save you a world of pain and discomfort.