TOP 9 Best Adjustable Kettlebells for Small Spaces & Home Gyms 2022
Garagegympower is reader-supported. When you purchase through links in our articles, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Having a small home gym can really limit your workout options.
You know that kettlebells offer both a heart-pumping cardio workout and can be used to build some serious muscle and make a great addition to your barbell and strength training routine, but owning a set will take up too much space.
Here is THE solution!
If you want all the advantages of owning a set of kettlebells and doing kettlebell routines, without taking up much space, an adjustable kettlebell is the answer!
I have 9 of the best adjustable kettlebells reviewed here to help you choose the best one to suit your purpose.
In addition to these reviews, I also included an adjustable kettlebell buying guide, the best adjustable kettlebell workouts, and adjustable kettlebell FAQs to answer your questions.
This is how we select and evaluate products on GGP
In this article, we review a number of popular products that we have found using in-depth research and analysis work. The products you find in the article are sold by one or more of our partners. Although these partnerships may influence the range of products in the article, our recommendations are based on an overall assessment of the product.
We evaluate and compare products in the article based on:
- Official and impartial product tests
- Customer reviews and opinions about the product
- Data on user behavior and preferences
- Specifications, characteristics, and disadvantages of the product
- Guarantees, service, and reputation of the dealer
Apart from that, we compare the price and quality of each product and deliver our subjective assessments and recommendations to our readers. The position of the product in the list does not necessarily reflect its quality, as all the products we review are picked as the best choice for certain users.
Rep Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell
This Rep Fitness adjustable kettlebell is available in three sizes so you can select the weight range that is appropriate for you. One weight range goes from 20 lbs all the way up to 40 lbs.
It’s really easy to adjust, all you have to do is press on the dial and turn to the desired weight. Plus, it has a matte powder coat finish that offers a good grip.Check Price at Rogue Fitness
Pros and cons for Rep Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell
- Compact size, NOT oversized or bulky.
- Matte powder-coated finish.
- Available in 3 weight ranges, 8 to 16 kg, 16 to 24 kg and 20 to 40 lbs.
- High-quality build, does not rattle inside.
- Sturdy enough for commercial use.
- Handle is not as wide as others.
More about Rep Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell
My favorite aspect of this adjustable kettlebell is that it is compact, not oversized, like some others.
Top notch quality, compact kettlebell, one of the best adjustable kettlebells of 2022.
Titan Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell
The Titan Fitness adjustable kettlebell is a real space saver that adjusts in increments of 2.5 lbs to make 6 kettlebells in one.
Its cast-iron construction makes it feel like a standard kettlebell and the adjustment is so easy, just turn the dial to your desired weight and slide out the unnecessary plates. It’s that easy.
Pros and cons for Titan Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell
- 6 available weights from 5 lbs up to 20 lbs of weight.
- Easy to adjust the weight with the slider that releases plates to achieve your desire
- Cast iron construction feels like a standard kettlebell.
- Edges of plates may be sharp.
More about Titan Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell
Easy to adjust kettlebell that feels like a normal kettlebell
The Kettle Gryp handle allows you to transform the set of dumbbells you already have into kettlebells up to 55 lbs.
This handle is lightweight and travels easily so you can take it to the hotel gym and get your kettlebell workout done there. It holds the dumbbell secure and fits both straight and curved dumbbell handlesCheck Price at Rogue Fitness
Pros and cons for Kettle Gryp®
- Uses your own set of dumbbells to create kettlebells up to 55 lbs.
- Lightweight, travels well and fits in a suitcase.
- Secures dumbbell safely so it will not move.
- The handle is pretty light weight so the balance does not feel exactly like a normal
More about Kettle Gryp®
The perfect solution for those who already have a set of dumbbells and don’t want to buy a lot of extra equipment.
Powerblock Adjustable Kettlebell
This new and improved Powerblock kettlebell is light years ahead of its bulky predecessor. It has a streamlined shape that looks and feels like a real kettlebell.
All you do is insert the selector pin and pull up. Only the selected plates stay with the kettlebell, nested inside the kettlebell shell, making it really easy to adjust.
- KETTLEBELLS ADJUSTABLE WEIGHT: Utilize this PowerBlock kettlebell set that feels like solid iron with the advantages of adjustability. This kettlebell has a range of 18-35 pounds and easy weight identification for a great workout.
- COMPACT ADJUSTABLE KETTLEBELL: This adjustable kettlebell is the most ergonomic and compact option for strength training. The contoured shell provides exceptional comfort throughout your entire kettlebell circuit.
- WEIGHT SET FOR HOME GYM & COMMERCIAL USE: Save both space and money with these adjustable weights. They are a versatile addition to your home or commercial gym.
- EASY & QUICK ADJUSTABILITY: Quickly adjust the weight set up or down for your exercise with the secure magnetic steel selection pin. Increments include 18, 22, 26 and 35 pounds.
- LONG LASTING FOR YEARS OF USE: These kettlebell weights are engineered for a higher quality build that will last for your years. The all-steel construction will replace four kettlebells in the space of one. Comes with a 5-year warranty.
Pros and cons for Powerblock Adjustable Kettlebell
- Creates 4 weights of 18, 22, 26 and 35 pounds.
- Far more compact and streamlined than the original Powerblock.
- Easily adjust weight by inserting pin and lifting up.
More about Powerblock Adjustable Kettlebell
Best version of the Powerblock adjustable kettlebell, streamlined kettlebell with weights neatly nested inside.
Stamina Adjustable Kettle - Versa-Bell
The Stamina adjustable kettlebell has a respectable top weight of 36 lbs and creates 6 kettlebells in one.
While it is a bit bigger than a standard kettlebell it has the look and feel of a real kettlebell because the handle is cast iron and the weights are nestled inside a shell.
- ADJUSTABLE KETTLEBELLS SET: The Stamina X Versa-Bell replaces the need for an entire kettlebell set, saving you money and storage space. Easy-to-swap plates allow you to customize your weight with ease.
- PATENTED WEIGHT SYSTEM: Easily adjust the kettlebell weights in 4 pound increments: 16, 20, 24, 30 and 36 lbs for your home workout.
- INCLUDES STORAGE PAD: Place the kettle bell and / or unused weights on the included square base storage pad.
- SMART WORKOUT APP INCLUDED: This adjustable weight set is fully supported by muuv, the all-in-one app that provides smart guided audio coaching, a follow-along assembly video, personalized workouts tailored to the fitness equipment you own, and more.
- DURABLE CAST IRON CONSTRUCTION: The hefty, non-slip cast iron handle of the 36 lb kettlebell is designed to withstand workouts of all intensity levels, making this kettle bell set the perfect addition to your strength training equipment.
Pros and cons for Stamina Adjustable Kettle
- Makes 6 different weight kettlebells, of 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, and 36 lbs.
- Weight is securely nestled inside the kettlebell and is evenly distributed.
- Wide cast iron handle accommodates both hands at once.
- The included placemat has a strong rubber odor.
- Weights make a clinking sound when moving the kettlebell around.
More about Stamina Adjustable Kettle
A good choice for your home gym; max weight of 36 lbs is enough for cardiovascular conditioning and some strength training.
Apex Adjustable Heavy-Duty- Kettlebell
This Apex heavy-duty kettlebell allows you to use your own standard size, 1” hole, weight plates to create a kettlebell that you can load up to 50 lbs.
If you already have a set of standard size iron plates laying around and do not want to invest in a set of kettlebells, this is your best bet for the money!
- Heavy Duty Kettle Bell: The Apex Adjustable kettlebell is made from solid cast iron and reinforced with a powder coating that ensures long-lasting performance. Its textured surface resists wear and tear while preventing damage
- All-In-One kettlebell Set: Get everything you need for muscle building in this kettlebell set. This full-fledged kettlebell set includes a 15lb weighted handle, four non-weighted removable spacer disks (empty shells at 0-lbs), and a 5lb bottom plate.
- Adjustable Workout Equipment: You can adjust the weight of the kettlebell between 20 to 50 pounds by replacing the removable spacer disks with standard 2. 5, 5, or 10lb weight plates.
- Convenient Kettle Grip: Our kettlebell features a traditional and specially designed U-bar handle that facilitates precise contact of the hands for optimal grip and superior control.
- Ideal Home Gym Equipment: Enjoy a pumped workout from the comfort of your home with these kettlebells. Use this kettlebell set for lifting, toning, bodybuilding, strength-training exercises, and other training.
Pros and cons for Apex Adjustable Heavy-Duty
- Uses your own standard, 1” hole plates. Note: 2.5 and 5 lb iron plates work best.
- Can be weighted up to 50 lbs.
- Wide cast iron handle accommodates both hands.
- Does not include weight plates.
More about Apex Adjustable Heavy-Duty
Save money and use your own standard size 1” hole plates to create a kettlebell up to 50 lbs!
Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable- Kettlebell
The Bowflex SelectTech kettlebell is really easy to adjust, just turn the dial and lift from the base and start using it. It adjusts to 6 different weights from as little as 8 lbs, all the way up to 40 lbs.
I love that it has a wide flat bottom that makes it easy to handle, and Bowflex includes access to an online library of adjustable kettlebell movements and workouts that show you exactly how to use this tool for strength training and cardiovascular conditioning.
- Includes 1-Year JRNY Membership (Dollar 149 value; auto renews when trial ends unless cancelled 48 hours prior to trial end date)
- Adjusts from 8 - 40 lbs
- Replaces 6 kettlebells
- Dimensions: 8.8" L x 7" W x 12.5" H (22.4 x 17.8 x 31.8 cm)
- On-demand, full body strength classes now available on the JRNY app (JRNY Membership Required)
Pros and cons for Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable
- Wide range of weight, six different weights of 8, 12, 20, 25, 35 and 40 lbs.
- Easy to adjust with the turn of a dial.
- Wide handle fits two hands.
- Weights are nested inside the shell of the kettlebell.
- Rather large.
More about Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable
This Bowflex adjustable kettlebell is a high-quality piece of fitness equipment you’ll be proud to own.
While we are looking at Bowflex, I want to point out that if you are tight on space, Bowflex also makes excellent adjustable dumbbells that are sold in pairs and go up to 52 lbs. See them here (link to Amazon.com).
I also have a carefully curated list of my top picks for best adjustable dumbbells that would be a great addition to your small workout space. Check them out!
Kettle Gryp Adjustable kettlebell
This Kettle Gryp adjustable kettlebell is one of the best in the cheap/budget category of adjustable kettlebells.
It can go up to 55 lbs, the weight plates are included and the kettlebell is easy to adjust, simply turn the dial to the desired weight and slide up off the base and it’s ready to go.
- TURNS DUMBBELLS INTO KETTLEBELLS IN A SNAP: Simply, open hinged handle, place your own dumbbell into the grip, re-close handle, snap latch. Kettle Gryp has the #1 patented secure latching closure. Easy. Safe. Secure.
- COMFORTABLE SURE GRIP: Kettle Gryp’s handle is made of durable ABS plastic that is texture molded to give a soft feel, yet non-slip grip for any intensity of workout. Size matches top selling cast kettlebells = Fits men's and women’s hands. Kettle Gryp handles are actually preferred over painted, plastic coated, or knurled handles of traditional kettlebells.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Kettle Gryp is made from impact-resistant ABS plastic, urethane foam, and stainless steel. Its high-quality materials and advanced engineering make it incredibly strong. Maximum dumbbell weight is 55 lbs.
- ECONOMIC AND CONVENIENT: Combine Kettle Gryp with your existing traditional dumbbells and create a top-level gym experience with a full range of weights to enhance your workouts without spending $$$ money and without using up valuable floor or storage space. Burn calories not cash!
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: At less than 1 lb, Kettle Gryps easily pack in your gym bag or carry-on for use in any gym or hotel workout room. Compatible with most adjustable dumbbells and nearly all standard dumbbells with bare metal handles (max 1.5" handle diameter, min 4.5" handle length). Does not fit most vinyl or neoprene coated dumbbell handles because those are often too thick and/or too short.
Pros and cons for Kettle Gryp Adjustable kettlebell
- Weight of up to 55 lbs.
- Easy to use adjuster dial.
- Looks might be unattractive for some users.
More about Kettle Gryp Adjustable kettlebell
Best cheap adjustable kettlebell for a home gym on a budget.
StrengthTools Plate Loaded- Kettlebell
If your home gym is set up with Olympic weight plates, why not consider this StrengthTools plate-loaded kettlebell handle?
You can load it up with your own Olympic size weights and add up to over 300 lbs on the handle. That’s a lot of weight!
Tip: make sure the logo on the handle and shaft are lined up so it’s easier to slide the pin in.
Pros and cons for StrengthTools Plate Loaded
- Add over 300 lbs using your own Olympic plates.
- Stainless steel will not rust or corrode.
- Uses a barbell collar at top to prevent the plates from shifting.
- Weighs 21 lbs on its own, with no plates.
- Can be challenging to get the pin in correctly, make sure the logos are lined up.
More about StrengthTools Plate Loaded
Best adjustable kettlebell for those who lift heavy, deadlift, train for Strongman and those that need a really heavy kettlebell.
Buying Guide to the Best Adjustable Kettlebells
What factors should you keep in mind before buying an adjustable kettlebell? I will cover 4 things you should consider before you choose the right adjustable kettlebell for your gym.
Think about what you want to use the kettlebell for and how much you can lift, and your goals in terms of how much you want to lift in the future.
It stands to reason:
A kettlebell you use for cardio exercises will be lighter than a kettlebell used for strength training.
One option I really like is the Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Kettlebell because it has a wide available weight range. The lowest weight is 8 lbs, and it goes all the way up to 40 lbs.
This means that for an average athlete, it can be used for cardio and strength training. It is also appropriate for home gyms used by more than one person, where one can lift significantly more than the other.
Most adjustable kettlebells that include the weight plates max out at 50 or 55 lbs.
But a 55lb max won’t cut it for serious lifters.
If you need an adjustable kettlebell with some serious weight capability, take a look at the StrengthTools Plate Loaded Kettlebell Handle. It can be loaded up with over 300 lbs of your own Olympic weight plates.
It is extremely secure and the perfect option for Strongman competitors, CrossFit gyms and other athletes who need a high weight kettlebell.
If you are looking to set up your CrossFit gym with kettlebells, why not take a look at this guide to CrossFit gym equipment and get your CrossFit home gym outfitted with the all the best equipment, including a great adjustable kettlebell?
Many Kettlebell exercises, such as the calorie-torching kettlebell swing, require both hands to be secure around the handle at the same time.
If you have large hands, you might have a problem getting both hands secure around the handle of most kettlebells, but some options are better than others.
The Stamina 36-Pound Adjustable Kettle has a pretty wide handle that fits both hands at once.
Keep in mind…
Adjustable kettlebells are a bit larger and more cumbersome than standard kettlebells because their shape includes space for the adjustable weights. The Bowflex adjustable kettlebell, in particular, is rather big.
The Bowflex adjustable kettlebell has a shell the size of a 40 lb kettlebell, but it can adjust down to 8 lbs.
However, since the overall size of the Bowflex kettlebell remains the same regardless of what weight you select, it can be more awkward to use than a standard 8 lb kettlebell which is much smaller.
The adjustable kettlebell that manages to overcome this problem the best is the Rep Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell. The Rep Fitness adjustable kettlebell goes up to 40 lbs while managing to be pretty compact.
If you decide an adjustable kettlebell is not the right fit for your home gym, consider getting a set of standard kettlebells. I have a list of the best regular kettlebells here if you decide a set of normal kettlebells is a better choice for you.
What is the Advantage of an Adjustable Kettlebell vs a Set of Standard Kettlebells?
If you want to dig into the specifics and science of why kettlebells are so awesome, check out this Joe Rogan interview of Pavel Tsatsouline, founder of the StrongFirst School of Training.
Mr. Tsatsoulinbe is an author of several bestselling books focusing on kettlebell workouts, is educated in sports science, and is credited with popularizing the kettlebell in the USA.
The BIGGEST benefit you get with adjustable kettlebells is that they save space.
If you have limited space, don’t want a gym cluttered up with a bunch of equipment, or need to move equipment every time you work out, an adjustable kettlebell is your best bet.
The second biggest benefit of adjustable kettlebells is they cost much less than a set of normal kettlebells of the same weight.
The most costly adjustable kettlebell option on my list of adjustable kettlebell reviews above costs under 200 dollars, and most are around 100 dollars or less, give or take.
Compare that to a set of standard kettlebells.
If you look at Rogue’s most basic kettlebells, you can easily spend more than $200 on just two or three, depending on the weight you choose.
Many adjustable kettlebells replace around 6 standard kettlebells, and it would be really hard to get 6 standard kettlebells for a lower price than one adjustable kettlebell.
It’s easy to see that an adjustable kettlebell is not only a space saver, but they are budget-friendly cost savers too.
Workout with Others in the Home
If you share your home gym with someone who lifts less weight than you, an adjustable kettlebell might be a good choice so you both can use the equipment.
This saves you space and money because you only need one kettlebell for all the people in your house who use the home gym instead of several or a whole set of kettlebells.
An Adjustable Kettlebell Grows with You
Maybe today you only need a kettlebell that weighs 16 kg, but as you train, yo advance your level of fitness and are able to lift more weight.
Why buy another kettlebell if you can get an adjustable one to start with that allows you to increase the weight when you are ready? An adjustable kettlebell saves you money and keeps your gym uncluttered.
Adjustable Kettlebells are Multi-Taskers
You can use an adjustable Kettlebell for both strength training and cardio, provided the available weight range is wide enough.
For example, if you use a plate loaded adjustable Kettlebell like the Apex Adjustable Heavy-Duty Exercise Kettlebell, which can be loaded with as little as 2.5 lbs and as much as 50 lbs, you can use the lower weight to do cardio-based kettlebell exercises, and the higher weights for strength training.
What are the Best Adjustable Kettlebell Exercises and Workout Routines?
The following cardiovascular conditioning workout features the OLDER style Powerblock Kettlebell.
Luckily for us, the NEW Powerblock Kettlebell has a more streamlined design and looks and feels more like a normal kettlebell, making this workout even easier.
Make no mistake!
The Kettlebell is one of the best strength training and muscle building tools around.
Kettlebells are not a fad, and they are not a gimmick. They are real strength building tools that have been around for over 200 years.
This POWER workout includes 7 intense, punishing exercises like the Turkish getup, kettlebell swings, snatches, squats, press, pull and overhead carry.
Where can I get a 300 lb Kettlebell? Where can I get a Really Heavy Kettlebell?
It’s challenging to find standard Kettlebells over 100 lbs.
The heaviest Kettlebell Rouge manufactures are the Rogue Monster Kettlebells with the largest weighing 203 lbs.
Here’s the good news:
If you need a really heavy Kettlebell, the StrengthTools Plate Loaded Kettlebell Handle allows you to stack on more than 300 lbs of Olympic plates to create a beastly bell.
Are Adjustable Kettlebells Bigger than Normal Kettlebells?
Most adjustable kettlebells are about 25% larger than standard kettlebells because they are designed with an outer shell that encases all the weights.
Think about it:
If you select the lowest weight on your adjustable kettlebell, the other weights will be left behind when you lift the adjustable kettlebell from its base, but the size of the shell will remain the same as if it was loaded with all its weight plates.
That’s why adjustable kettlebells a little bigger than standard kettlebells of the same weight.
A good option, if you want to minimize the problem of bulky adjustable Kettlebells, is the Rep Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell which has a weight range that go up to 40 lbs, and remains very compact and closer to the size of a standard Kettlebell.
Can I Use an Adjustable Kettlebell for the StrongFirst Simple & Sinister program?
Simple and Sinister is a book based on a kettlebell training program, written and designed by Pavel Tsatsouline.
The Simple and Sinister program uses the mighty kettlebell as the main training tool.
The bottom line?
You can use an adjustable kettlebell for the Simple and Sinister program, and I recommend a compact kettlebell with a high max weight.
Both the Apex Adjustable Heavy-Duty Exercise Kettlebell and StrengthTools Plate Loaded Kettlebell use your own weight plates and can achieve the variable and higher max weights the Simple and Sinister program calls for.
If you use a plate loaded adjustable kettlebell, try and use 2.5 lb and 5 lb iron Olympic plates because iron or metal plates are more compact than rubber or coated plates and will create a more compact kettlebell.
There you have it:
The best adjustable kettlebells have been presented here, and now you have an idea of which adjustable kettlebell will work for your program and fit your home gym.
If you are tight on space, you may also be interested in other compact home gym equipment like an all in one home gym that allows you to strengthen and train your entire body on just one piece of equipment.
I have a list of the best all in one home gyms here. Check them out!
If you love articles like this one, you never have to miss another gear review, guide or garage gym equipment news again. Just sign up for the Garage Gym Power newsletter and we will always keep you updated.
I will see YOU at the box!