Whole Body Vibration Machines
Top 15 Best Whole Body Vibration Machines & Best Power Plates with Reviews 2022
Garagegympower is reader-supported. When you purchase through links in our articles, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
If I told you, you could lose body fat and strengthen your body while just standing there, would you believe me? How can you improve your health by just standing there? I admit… I was skeptical.
I did the research and found out that whole-body vibration can help you lose weight, tone up, and so much more! I will explain what I mean, the science and benefits of whole-body vibration, how to choose the best vibration machine for your home, and list 10 of the best vibrating plates with reviews.
What to consider when buying Whole Body Vibration Machines
- Price: When purchasing a whole-body vibration machine the first thing you need to consider is your budget and how much you are willing to spend on it.
- Type of Vibration: Vibration machines use various types of motions, which can have different effects on your body. It’s therefore important to pick the one that will cover your needs.
- Platform Dimensions: The dimensions of the machine you pick will not only impact how comfortably you can stand on it, but also how portable it is and how easily it can be stored away.
- Intensity of Vibration: A vibration trainer’s intensity varies depending on the frequency of vibration. Most vibration trainers have a frequency between 15 to 60Hz, but some can have smaller ranges.
- User Reviews and Test Scores: Reading user reviews about the product, as well as how well it scored in tests, is a great way to learn how user-friendly, durable and useful the product is.
This is how we select and evaluate products on GGP
In this article, we review a number of popular products that we have found using in-depth research and analysis work. The products you find in the article are sold by one or more of our partners. Although these partnerships may influence the range of products in the article, our recommendations are based on an overall assessment of the product.
We evaluate and compare products in the article based on:
- Official and impartial product tests
- Customer reviews and opinions about the product
- Data on user behavior and preferences
- Specifications, characteristics, and disadvantages of the product
- Guarantees, service, and reputation of the dealer
Apart from that, we compare the price and quality of each product and deliver our subjective assessments and recommendations to our readers. The position of the product in the list does not necessarily reflect its quality, as all the products we review are picked as the best choice for certain users.
LifePro Waver - Best Overall Vibration Machine
LifePro Waver is a great value oscillating vibration plate. It moves up and down on each side in turn, which is particularly useful for stabilizing muscles in the hips, knees, and ankles. It’s one of the best selling vibration machines and with good reason.
- Yoga straps & resistance bands included.
- Access to free professional online workouts
- With easy to read LCD and remote
- BUILD YOUR DREAM BODY - Jump on your vibrating exercise machine to instantly sculpt your ideal body! The Waver body vibration machine creates full-body vibrations for muscle contraction & activation.
- BEYOND FAT BURNING - The vibration platform or vibration exercise machine improves muscles, metabolism, circulation & bone density & reduces joint stress. Yoga straps & resistance bands included.
- ANY SPEED YOU WANT. Switch between speed settings from 1 to 99, maximizing your workouts. Wheels, remote & easy-read desplay are attached to the whole body vibration machine for maximum convenience.
- SPECIAL CUSTOMER BONUSES - Making the body vibrating machine even better, we've included an extensive, user-friendly manual, live support and instant access to free professional online workout videos!
- A DISPLAY TO BEHOLD - All the information about your body shaker workout machine functions are displayed on the easy to read screen, giving you maximum control with ease.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The waver is the best compromise for most beginners to vibration training. It’s an effective, reliable, durable machine with plenty of functions. It does everything you need and – while it misses premium features – offers the complete oscillating vibration experience at home for a good price.
Pros and cons for LifePro Waver
- Great width at 27 inches – key for good oscillation
- Moderate vibration with good amplitude of 10mm
- Dynamic stability training with a wide range of speed settings (1-99)
- Good design and durability from a frontrunner in the vibration plate market, LifePro
- Lacks premium features like multiple types of vibration
- Not as advanced or high-quality as the Rumblex 4D and others
What you need to know about the LifePro Waver
The vibration itself is what we’d call ‘moderate’. It’s not as intense as some others on the market but offers a great range. It has speed settings from 1 to 99, which offer a great chance to personalize your vibration sessions. The plate itself is 27” by 15” with a rubberized upper for better grip.
The amplitude is a standard 10mm, which is relatively mild and is great for gentler workouts. It fits the height of oscillation, which is higher than linear, to provide off-center knee and hip positions. It doesn’t require the ultra-high, clinical power of a linear (up and down) vibration plate. 4-12hz is just fine for oscillating vibrations because it’s about dynamic stability, not just harder vibrations.
- Motor Type & Programs: Oscillation
- Hz & Amplitude: 4hz-12hz & 0-10 mm
- Dimensions: 30.5 x 15.3 x 5.8 inches
- Max. User Weight: 330lbs
LifePro Rumblex 4D - Best Premium Vibration Plate
The LifePro Rumblex 4D is a direct upgrade on the waver. It offers a premium version, compromising on the price to provide luxury features. It offers all 3 types of vibration in one product: Linear (vertical), Oscillating (one side at a time), and Lateral (side to side).
- 7 training modes & 60 speed settings
- Gently vibrates & oscillates
- Increases muscle strength bone density
- IN-HOME VIBRATION THERAPY: With the LifePro Rumblex 4d Vibration Plate, you enjoy the professional therapeutical effects of improved bone density & blood circulation from the comfort of your home.
- THE WORKOUT MACHINE YOUR BODY CRAVES: Our vibration exercise machine has 7 training modes & 60 speed settings to deliver ultimate workout & rehabilitation experience and customization.
- PAIN RELIEF & REPAIR: Rumblex 4d Vibration Plate boosts your built-in ability to regenerate cells & recover so your body repairs & revives itself, feeling healthy & full of life.
- ENHANCED WORKOUT EFFECTIVENESS: Our whole body vibration machine has a 4D effect increasing your workout intensity & scope. Take a leap & become your own champion with LifePro body vibration machine.
- SAY GOODBYE TO EXCESS WEIGHT: Our powerful whole body vibration plate is a clinically proven way to melt fat & boost your metabolism. Lose weight while forging a muscular & tight body with Rumblex.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This is the best premium vibration plate on the market with a range of different vibration types, highly customizable dynamics, and amazing power. With larger amplitudes, you can get better workouts with more top end, but without having to start with intense, larger settings. This is the standard by which all other whole-body vibration machines are judged. This might actually be the best whole-body vibration machine – if you’re willing to pay the price.
Pros and cons for LifePro Rumblex 4D
- Excellent feature set with 3 types of vibration and 6 different combinations
- 60 speed settings for each type of vibration, with 420 possible settings
- Outstanding build quality and design philosophy
- Enormous 31” width for an even more effective oscillating vibration than dedicated pr
- More expensive than most products on this list
- Some types of vibration may not be appropriate for less-experienced users
What you need to know about the LifePro Rumblex 4D
The Rumblex 4D is a versatile vibration plate with up to 12mm amplitude for oscillation, 1.5mm pulses, and 8mm linear. These are all effective to the clinical standards set out for the best benefits. The Rumblex offers the widest range of amplitudes, strengths, and customization options of any product on the market.
It also uses a good, moderate power of vibrations to provide the right amount of impact for each type of vibration. The change of direction is well-managed, which makes this both powerful and smooth – an outstanding experience of vibration platforms.
The platform itself is larger than the waver, at 31” by 18”, offering a better product for larger people. This also means a more distinct oscillating vibration, perfect for training the deep muscles of the lower back, core, and hips.
Speeds are adjustable from 1-60 for each vibration type and you can combine the types of vibration in any setup. This leaves you with 420 settings in total.
- Motor Type & Programs: Oscillation, Pulsation & Lateral
- Hz & Amplitude: 4hz-40hz & Oscillation, 1-12mm Pulsation, 1.5mm Linear 8mm
- Dimensions: 31.1 x 18.1 x 7.3 inches
- Max. User Weight: 330lbs
LifePro Turbo 3D - Best Value 2 Function Vibration Machine
LifePro is back at it with the Turbo 3D. This is like a smaller version of the 4D and may be more suitable to your budget if you don’t mind a reduced feature set.
- Immediate pain relief for back, knees & joint
- Improves circulation & helps body regenerate
- Low-impact vibration frequencies
- BLISSFUL PAIN RELIEF - Stepping on The Turbo vibration plate exercise machine provides immediate pain relief for back, knees & joints, stimulating your nerves, blocking out pain, relieving tension.
- ALLEVIATE CHRONIC PAIN - Painkillers for chronic pain? Stop! The Turbo body shaker exercise machine delivers efficient Whole Body Vibration to relieve chronic pain, heal damage, & accelerate recovery!
- STRENGTH, FLEXIBILITY & MOTION: Improve muscle tone, bone density, & more with the LifePro Turbo Body Shaker vibration platform. Wake up muscles, improve circulation & help the body regenerate.
- DOUBLE THE MOTORS, TRIPLE THE MOTION: An upgrade to our standard vibration machine, we built our Turbo with 2 motors for pain-relieving 3D pulsating motion. Depending on your goals, use 1, 2 or both!.
- SKIP THE GYM - The whole body vibration machine saves you gym trips, yet transforms your whole body, reducing pain, & increasing overall wellness through low-impact vibration platform frequencies.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
It’s not as powerful or versatile as the Rumblex 4D but costs significantly less and offers most of the functions you could ever need. This is a great choice for anyone looking to improve fitness and health, rehabilitate after an injury, or even improve athletic recovery.
Pros and cons for LifePro Turbo 3D
- Higher vibration intensity and length than the waver and offers pulsation function, t
- Excellent range of speeds, intensities, and functions
- High quality build with excellent durability and reliability – as well as a strong mo
- May feel a little uncomfortable under foot to some people
What you need to know about the LifePro Vibration Turbo 3D
The Turbo 3D comes with a wide 30” by 15” platform and both oscillation and pulsation functions. This makes it great for strengthening stabilizing muscles, but pulsating is also great for joint health and lymphatic clearance. This offers a strengthening and therapeutic setting, perfect for most needs.
Because the Turbo 3D doesn’t use linear vibration, it can use a lower power motor. With a 15hz max, it’s perfect for the 2 types of vibration it does employ. It has a 10mm maximum vibration intensity, which is pretty standard and should be comfortable for most (if not all) healthy people’s joints. The pulse function is a standard 1.5mm and offers an excellent, relaxing low-intensity function.
LifePro’s mid-level products like the 3D still offer great build quality and durability. The motor is strong enough to last and the upper is very durable. Perhaps too durable, with a finish that some people find very uncomfortable. It’s quite tough on the upper, which can be a major problem for anyone with sensitive skin or neuropathic pain in the feet. Not a major problem, but noticeable.
- Motor Type: Oscillation & Pulsation
- Hz & Amplitude: 4hz-15hz & 0-10 mm
- Dimensions: 30.5 x 17.3 x 5.9 inches
- Max. User Weight: 330lbs
Ravs Vibration Plate - Excellent High-Power Vibration Machine
Ravs vibration plate is more budget-friendly than the LifePro, but still boasts a 26.8” by 15.7” platform, and offers a lot of useful features.
- Designed by professional physical therapists
- Powerful and safe vibration exercise
- Soothe pain, boost circulation and healing
- ✅[POWERFUL & STURDY VIBRATION PLATE EXERCISE MACHINE (MAX LOAD 330LBS)] RAVS vibration plate is designed by professional physical therapist to offer most effective massage available. It can provide you powerful and safe vibration exercise with silent electric machine and sturdy construction. Soothe pain, boost circulation and speed healing with using different posture and functions. 🎁Best gift to your family and friends for Birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving Day and other Holidays!!🎁
- ✅[SMART & MULTI-FUNCTION 999 ADJUSTABLE SPEED & 10 SET MODES] 3D smart vibration plate can make different vibration exercise stride to meet different exercise need, which can bring same benefit as the outdoor activities or ever better than them. This vibration plate can be set from 1 to 10 minutes and you can choose your preferred setting with different preset modes(P1~P9) and adjustable vibration speed(1~999 levels) according to the current state to meet your exercise need.
- ✅[EASY & CONVENIENT WITH WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL AND LED SCREEN] It is easy and convenient to use without any other complex operate. And we also provide detailed user manual to solve your problem and guide you how to do vibration plate exercise. Vibration plate exercise machine is equipped with wireless remote control(5ft effective receiving range). If you have any problem, please contact us asap, we will reply you in 12 hours.
- ✅[SILENT&SAFE ANTI-SLIP AND SHAKEPROOF] Anti-slip sucking disks are installed on the bottom, which can keep vibration plate stable and absorb vibration noise to keep silent. Raised grain on the surface can help massage the foot and keep anti-slip. The foot pads are made of rubber material, which is flexible and healthy. You can also use resistance bands to do stretching exercise on vibration plate exercise machine.
- ✅[LOSE WEIGHT, WORKOUT AND RELAX WHOLE BODY] 10 minutes vibration plate exercise daily can improve fat burning efficiency, relax whole body muscle, help sleep, release work stress and good to your health. Not only a vibration plate exercise machine, also just like personal massage therapist caring for you and your family health. Buy it now and enjoy amazing RAVS vibration plate exercise machine!
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
Aside from these issues, the vibration plate offers a good economy entry compared to the LifePro Rumblex. It’s a solid and reliable vibration plate with good dimensions and quiet operation. It’s a middle-range product that offers the vibration plate experience without a huge price tag.
Pros and cons for Ravs Vibration Plate
- Good dimensions at almost 27” by 16” – definitely above average
- Very quiet operation with high-quality suction cups
- Reasonable price, sitting somewhere in the middle of the market
- Intensity and impact can be higher than others with quite a ‘harsh’ vibration
- Not as varied and high-quality as the LifePro models mentioned above
What you need to know about the Ravs Vibration Plate
It’s an oscillating vibration plate, where each side raises in turn, and the added width really helps you get the most out of it. Changing foot-stance (both width and angle) help you get the most from this vibration plate.
The actual distance of vibration (the amplitude) can be a little high. Some users have remarked that it produces more impact than other plates. This seems to be either the pace of the vibration or how it ‘cushions’ the change of direction. Remember that oscillating vibration can be quite strenuous.
For most people, oscillation is less intense than linear vibration. However, it can still be hard on the joints if you’re experiencing medical problems already. Be willing to start slower and lower than you think, and ease up with experience, once you know how you respond to it with soreness and other recovery factors.
The actual support of the product on the floor is great. This reduces noise and ensures a simple, smooth experience. The suction cups are strong to ensure the product doesn’t rattle or damage floors – a high-quality feature despite the reasonable price.
- Max Load: 330LBS
- Dimensions: 26.8"x15.7"x5.5"
LifePro Waver Mini - Best Mini Vibration Machine
LifePro’s Waver Mini is a compact version of all the same functions you expect from the original Waver, as well as all the power!
- With a robust 200W motor
- Perfect for travel thanks to its size
- 100% lifetime warranty
- REHAB AT HOME: Enjoy all the benefits of a rehabilitative session from home. Among its many benefits, Whole Body Vibrations (WBV) have shown to calm the nervous system and relieve stress and pain throughout your body. Therapeutic vibrations increase blood flow, improving your circulation , protecting your nerves and bones, repairing old injuries, and loosening stiff joints — providing you with true, lasting pain relief and a greater range of motion as you continue to improve.
- TRAVELS & STORES ANYWHERE: With a robust 200W motor, our MiniWaver packs the same punch as its full-sized counterpart - the bestselling Lifepro Waver vibration machine. Take this vibrating platform with you on road trips to upkeep your fitness on the go. Plus, thanks to its compact size, it’s easy to find place to store it when not in use.
- BUILDS STRENGTH, BALANCE & FLEXIBILITY: Regain muscle strength, fortify bone density, improve circulation, boost metabolism & lymphatic drainage- and more! Gentle, therapeutic vibrations wake up muscles throughout your body, This, in turn, enhances your body’s built-in ability to regenerate cells and repair itself - toning muscles and increasing motion, flexibility and comfort from the very first session.
- PERFECT FOR PETS: As pets age, they struggle with many of the same aches, pains, and arthritic joints that people do. Because of its size, the MiniWaver viberation platform machine makes a perfect health companion to your furry companion.
- 100% LIFETIME WARRANTY + Guiding Angels: Not everyone can afford a personal trainer, but at Lifepro, we’re here to make it easy to be held accountable and supported throughout your journey, by offering our Guiding Angels: Real, LIVE support, FREE access to our online video library, plus an unparalleled 100% LIFETIME WARRANTY.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The Mini Waver is a great product if you’re a smaller person looking to save money and space. This product covers all of the important functions of an oscillating vibration plate, helping you get the most of your cash while building healthier joints, muscles, and cells.
Pros and cons for LifePro Waver Mini
- Compact and easy to store compared to larger products
- Offers a far more affordable price tag than the Rumblex, typically around 40-50% the
- Perfectly effective in smaller, older, and gentler users who aren’t seeking high-int
- Oscillation function is a little weaker for the smaller platform dimensions
- Smaller max user weight of 260 lbs may limit some users
What you need to know about the LifePro Waver Mini
It has a much smaller plate with a 23.6” by 13.8” platform, saving you a fair amount of space compared to the larger, original model.
Despite the size, it doesn’t compromise on power. The mini still offers a 12hz upper limit motor with an 8mm maximum vibration intensity. This is plenty for most purposes, but does fall short of the 10mm intensity seen on the Waver, the 3D, and the Rumblex 4D models. The trade-off is a smaller, cheaper, easier to store vibration plate.
It’s still bigger than the LifePro micro, however, and is going to be suitable for all but the largest users. It has a max user weight of 260lbs compared to the 330lbs of other normal-sized models, but has a fantastic rubberised upper that reduces the foot pain seen in products like the Waver 3D.
The effective range of the Oscillating is still good, and the added width compared to the LifePro micro shows up in the benefits. A narrower board means smaller vibrations, but this is a perfectly effective product – especially in smaller people where the power difference isn’t a huge factor.
- Motor Type & Programs: Oscillation
- Hz & Amplitude: 4hz-12hz & 0-8 mm
- Dimensions: 23.6 x 13.8 x 4.7 inches
- Max user weight 260lbs
SuperDeal Vibration Plate - Best Affordable Minimalist Vibration Plate
SuperDeal’s vibration plate is aesthetically and functionally similar to the LifePro Waver. It lacks some of the premium build quality and features of that more-expensive model, but the similarities are clear.
- ABS shell ensures durability and stability
- Anti-slip coating
- LED display shows time, speed and burnt fat
- ★ Whole-Body Vibration - Vibration machines have become one of the most popular passive exercise equipment today. This kind of machine helps in maintaining reflex reactions, thus burning calories and fat. SUPER DEAL crazy work out fit vibration machine can help you lose weight while increasing your body flexibility. It helps your body process fat 30 times faster than running. 10 minutes on this vibration platform equals 1 hour of jogging!
- ★ Why we love SUPER DEAL vibration machine - Upgraded ABS shell ensures more durability and stability; Ergonomic design loads capacity up to 350 lbs; Anti-slip coating designed to prevent sliding; LED display shows time, speed and burnt fat making your workout visible; Small compact size can be used anywhere & easy to carry and store. Comes with Arm cords, Remote control ,Resistance Bands and detailed manual...everything you need.
- ★ Functional and High Efficient - Adjustable vibration speed (1 to 99) to suit different needs, remote easily controls the speed at the click of a button. Offering variety of exercise modes, allow you to try different vibration exercises or combine the vibration exercise with normal workout, sit-up, push-up, yoga ,etc. Perfect for sports training, weight loss, burning fat. Lab tested to improve muscle strength, flexibility & circulation.
- ★ Quiet operation - Equipped with 4 anti-slip feet that has vacuum suction and rubber protective surface to prevent it from sliding while exercising. Imagine you can improve your health and build a better shape while watching TV at home or in your office
- ★ With this workout machine, you can have your routine exercise done in only 10 minutes everyday. What you’ll get is a better shape and enhanced metabolism, increased bone mineral density and even reduction of the stress elevation levels!
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This is an economy product and offers a similar experience to the Waver at a lower cost and with associated drawbacks. It’s quite a simple product but offers the durability and longevity of a larger motor, albeit with a poor set of repair options. It’s a good economy buy if you’re skeptical about vibration plates and want to try it for yourself without a huge investment.
Pros and cons for SuperDeal Vibration Plate
- High-frequency motor provides plenty of headroom for longevity compared to function
- Standard size of around 25” wide offers good training options
- Better weight rating than many at 350lbs
- 99 speeds is competitive with most products on the market
- Smaller dimensions than some competitors
- Poor wiring instructions and communication for repairs
What you need to know about the SuperDeal Vibration Plate
With 99 speed settings and oscillating vibration, it’s ticking the right boxes. This product does come with a higher weight rating of 350lbs, and has a great reputation for durability and reliability. This is useful, because the internal wiring and user manual do leave a little to be desired in terms of clarity on replacing or repairing parts.
The vibrating platform itself is a good size at roughly 25” by 14”, a standard size with plenty of space for any stance. This is important for oscillation, where changing stances is key to hitting all of the right muscles for better strength, balance, and coordination. It offers a 50-60hz frequency range, but this power doesn’t show up in the intensity of the vibration, with a 10mm amplitude. This is standard for these kinds of models designed in the style of the Waver.
There’s a Bluetooth speaker function in this product but that’s neither particularly effective or a great design choice. The speaker itself is low quality and the constant vibration of important moving parts is always going to distort sound. Invest in a Bluetooth speaker, if you’d like to work out to music.
- Speed Range: 99 Levels
- Max. Weight: 330 lbs
BestChoice Vibration Plate - Cheap and Reliable Vibration Plate for Beginners
It’s a good, sturdy, simple oscillating vibration plate at a good price. You get what you pay for, here: effective oscillation and simple functions without any frills.
- 10 preset workout modes
- 99 speeds for a customized experience
- promoting blood circulation and weight loss
- DIGITAL CONTROL PANEL: Choose from 10 preset workout modes - viewable on an LCD screen - and adjust the speed between 99 different levels for a customized experience
- SUCTION PADS & HANDLE GRIP: Attached suction pads on the bottom reduce impact on your flooring while helping prevent slippage, and a built-in handle allows for easy transportation
- OSCILLATING VIBRATION: A balanced level of low-impact oscillation and high-intensity vibrations is gentle on joints while promoting blood circulation, muscle toning, improved balance, and weight loss
- REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED: Manually control power, timer, and speed settings with buttons on the platform, or conveniently make adjustments using the remote control
- DETACHABLE RESISTANCE BANDS: Attach the pair of included resistance bands to the platform to add various light, full-body exercises to your workout; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 26.75"(L) x 13.75"(W) x 5"(H); Weight Capacity: 330 lbs.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This is just like the SuperDeal vibration plate and comes with many of the same benefits and disadvantages of that product. The absurd headroom in the motor is great for longevity, but this does involve difficulties in repair.
Pros and cons for BestChoice Vibration Plate
- 99 speed settings
- High-hz motor for better headroom and longevity
- Much louder than other products on the market at high speeds
- 300lbs weight limit is lower than the similar SuperDeal product
What you need to know about the BestChoice
BestChoice’s vibration plate is a very similar design to the SuperDeal, offering a white-label approach to fitness equipment. This includes the same oscillating vibration pattern with 99 speed settings and a typical amplitude/intensity of 10mm vibration, set across a 60hz motor that never really maxes out. This means a lot of surplus power, which is great for the long-term lifespan of the product.
This is quite short for those with larger feet, but the additional width is a great function for better adductor strengthening and knee/hip health.
The suction pads are another great feature, offering high-quality stability despite the low price point. Some users have experienced a very loud operating sound, which is always a risk with vibration machines, especially at speeds of 70+. Regular maintenance can be difficult but, fortunately, major problems are rare due to the motor’s “headroom” – unused power that helps durability.
- Dimensions: 25 x 13.75 x 5 inches
- Weight Capacity: 330 lbs.
- Type of Vibration: low-impact oscillation and high-intensity vibrations
ADVENOR Vibration Machine - Best Entry-Level Oscillating Vibration Machine
Advenor’s vibration plate is one of our favorite entry-level vibration machines. It comes with a great rubberised plate, effective platform dimensions of 24.5” by 15”, and a de facto 12-month warranty.
- Platform is equipped with loop bands
- 99 levels of adjustable speed
- LED screen and wireless remote
- PRECISE RECOVERY AND FULL BODY WELLNESS-ADVENOR Vibration Platform Machines is built with powerful motor that can provide you stable vibration and different speed according to the injury situation and recovery goal,and can also choose 5 pre-set program or any combination.
- 3D VIBRATION PLATFORM MACHINE non-slip vibration plate can enhance strength,balance and burn calories.ADVENOR platform is equipped with LOOP BANDS to combine vibration with different exercises.Max user weight is 330lbs.
- 1-99 LEVEL ADJUSTABLE SPEED choose your preferred setting to optimize trainning at different levels and you can adjust vibration speed according to the current state to meet your sports needs.
- LED SCREEN AND WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL allows you to operate conveniently and with quick speed adjust button in remote control.
- 24 HOURS ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALITY ASSURANCE-We have conducted more than 20,000 tests on the comfort and durability of ADVENOR fitness equipment.Its motor is the most stable one on the market,and you can enjoy our vibration plate and loop band without risk.We also offer 12 months parts WARRANTY and TELEPHONE service to secure customer experience.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
We really like the value and solid fundamentals of the Advenor vibration plate. It isn’t outstanding in any one area but offers a fantastic, well-rounded vibration trainer on a budget. It has a price similar to the Waver mini with a larger, more complete set of functions. This makes it a great choice for beginners and those looking to save money on a solid, reliable vibration trainer.
Pros and cons for ADVENOR Vibration Machine
- Excellent quality and durability relative to price
- Big, strong motor for more headroom and durability
- One of the best vibration plates under 100 dollars
- Great upper compared to some other products - comfortable underfoot during vibration
- Not as wide or powerful as some LifePro products
- Lacks some premium features such as different vibration modes
What you need to know about the ADVENOR Vibration Machine
It’s a simple oscillating vibration plate and doesn’t have any fancy functions. However, it does offer a reliable and sturdy take on the same 99-speed settings seen in the Waver or cheaper SuperDeal/BestChoice vibration machines. It also includes the same 50-60hz motor, operating at lower levels, to support longer lifespan.
This uses the standard amplitude of 4mm-10mm based on the design used by LifePro – a range that is great for beginners and experienced users alike. This is important for making the most on a shorter product like this, where oscillation across shorter widths may be weaker. This makes it stronger than 8mm but wider products like the LifePro Waver Mini.
The durability, robustness, and build quality set this product apart from other affordable vibration plates. The finish is good, the sizing is good, and the actual functions are reliable. It’s hitting all the right notes to be a great, inexpensive choice.
The vibration itself isn’t too intense and most users find that the impact levels and control of vibration is good. It doesn’t stack up to the quality of the LifePro products, but offers a great entry-level choice if you’re trying to get a vibration plate for under 100 dollars.
- Frequency: 50/60HZ
- Maximum capacity: 330lbs
- Product Size: 23.6*13.8*6 inch
Eilison K-818 Vibration Plate - Powerful Vibration Plate for Larger People
Eilison FitMax KM-818 3D is a long name. What it disguises is a product that has set itself above the competition in a range of key functions, putting it head and shoulders above the SuperDeal or BestChoice.
- Unique acupressure plate surface
- 120 speed settings
- Lifetime warranty & 24*7 customer support
- 📌VIBRATION PLATE WITH UNIQUE ACUPRESSURE SURFACE– Eilison OSCILLATING VIBRATION- 3D whole body vibration plate exercise machine has a unique acupressure plate surface which with the help of strong vibration from our vibration platform machine presses the pressure points on the feet which helps in relieving back pain, headache, insomnia, blood circulation, muscle & joint pain, stress, Anxiety. This workout machines helps you to release blocked energy to maintain healthy life.
- 📌WEIGHT LOSS & FULL BODY WORKOUT – Millions of Americans are using Eilison full body vibration plate exercise machine in their daily routine to lose weight , The strong vibration stimulate your muscle from your feet all the way up to your head and force fast strenuous contraction of muscle fiber all over the body, this helps provide a workout that can burn fat, boost balance and tone muscle all at once to help you get fit fast by our power plate exercise equipment for home use.
- 📌PAIN RELIEF, MORE BONE DENSITY & BODY FLEXIBILITY – Eilison vibration plate exercise machine for home is the only machine which works on the reflexology through which we put pressure on specific reflex point on foot, this treatment induce a healing response and helps alleviate many ailment and relieve pain from the core, this power plate also helps increasing bone density improve muscle strength, improves lymphatic drainage and flexibility in body
- 📌FULLY LOADED MACHINE – Eilison vibration platform machine is fully loaded fitness plate this machine has BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS with TOUCH PANEL, Maximum speed is 1 – 120 Strong vibration which we get from our premium super strong NOISELESS MOTOR.
- 📌LIFETIME WARRANTY & CUSTOMER SUPPORT – With Unmatched Quality and best in class Specification Eilison vibration platform machine provides you Lifetime warranty with full refund . For any Complaints and Queries regarding vibration plate please contact us..
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This is a good product for larger people that has a wide range of customisation options for your vibration sessions. It tries very hard to distinguish itself from other products on the market and is mostly successful. As a single-function oscillating vibration plate, it’s not as good as the LifePro products, but does offer a wide, effective plate for those in need of a sturdy, XL vibration plate.
Pros and cons for Eilison K-818 Vibration Plate
- Good customisation options for your workout
- Above average platform dimensions for better workouts and larger users
- Excellent 350lbs user weight rating
- Stands out compared to other economy products like BestChoice
- Upper design can be quite uncomfortable
- Not quite as premium as some of the LifePro products we’ve reviewed
What you need to know about the Eilison K-818
To begin with, the platform dimensions are great with 28” by 15.7” – perfect for larger people. Of course, the added width also makes the oscillating vibrations more effective and versatile. This is combined with a 350lbs weight rating to offer better durability, safety, and open up better options for larger people to exercise.
There are more speed settings and a higher frequency of vibrations than other competitors, too, offering a wider range of training options. However, the upper for this product can be quite uncomfortable with a hard plastic production and a range of recessed and elevated textures. Again, this is uncomfortable for most people and likely painful for those with neuropathic pain.
- Speed Level: 1-120
- Max user load: 350lbs
Axis-Plate Upright - Best Vibration Machine for Seniors and Rehabilitation
The Axis-Plate is a fantastic premium choice, offering commercial vibration machine quality at a good price. As a full upright, with appropriate hand supports, this is a fantastic machine for any purpose.
- Professional quality vibration plate
- Easy-to-read control panel
- Extra-large vibrating plate
- Premium Quality: Featuring a time-tested motor and sturdy steel construction to support up to 265 pounds, this commercial-grade, professional quality vibration plate delivers 500 watts of power for effective, low-impact training for all fitness levels. Machine is equipped for safety with an oversized non-slip base plate, a US-standard 120 volt grounded power cord, and non-skid rubber feet
- FULL-BODY VIBRATION: Get customizable stimulation for whole body vibration with 99 speed settings, 3 pre-programmed workouts, and a manual mode option. Handles feature built-in BMI sensors for progress monitoring, and accessories include removable resistance bands to engage the upper body for a complete workout
- EASY OPERATION: Beginners and advanced users alike will enjoy this vibration platform, which features an easy-to-read control panel, enabling convenient speed control at the touch of a button
- Large Platform: Measuring 27-1/2-inch long x 29-inch wide, this machine’s extra-large vibrating plate provides plenty of safe and secure room for comfortable positioning
- SLEEK, COMPACT DESIGN: Equipped with front-mounted wheels for easy portability, this vibration machine’s compact yet efficient design allows for use anywhere, from a bedroom to an office
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This is an upright vibration platform, making it easier to use for those with joint problems or the elderly. It also has excellent quality and design in other areas with a huge vibrating platform, easy-to-use console, and a very powerful motor. This results in a durable, powerful, and user-friendly vibration machine. This does come with a higher price tag, but is definitely worth the cost.
Pros and cons for Axis-Plate Upright
- Upright vibration plate with supporting arm-rails and raised console
- Great dimensions with more sagittal space and width than others on the market
- Powerful motor for longevity, great customization settings, and a great workout
- Fantastic take on the normal floor-mounted vibration plate
- Perfect for those with existing injuries or balance problems
- Weight rating of 300lbs is a little low for such a large, well-built product
- Premium product and more expensive than many others on our list
What you need to know about the Axis-Plate
It offers a more intense oscillating motion with an upright monitor, perfect for seniors and those rehabilitating injuries. Despite the additional size, the amplitude remains a standard 10mm – lower than the Rumblex 4D. This is perhaps a missed opportunity, as a product of this size could offer a much larger intensity due to the additional size and the hand-rail supports. The 10mm is more potent across a wider footplate at 27.5” but it’s not actually the most intense vibration on today’s list, tailing the Rumblex 4D.
This is a 500w product, offering roughly 2/3 of a horsepower from the motor. This gives it plenty of headroom for longevity, plenty of power for a high upper-end vibration, and ensures that there’s a difference between the 99 speed settings.
The platform itself is 27.5” by 29”, nearly square, offering the best platform dimensions we’ve seen so far. It has a 300lbs weight rating, which is a little low, but all the other features are of excellent quality.
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 300 Pounds
- Speed settings: 99
- Platform: 27 x 29 inches
Hurtle Vibration Plate - Best No frills Vibration Plate to Save Money
A great entry-level machine, at a more than affordable price. It offers all the basic options you’ll need, while also being compact enough to be easily stored away.
- Simple electric plug-in operation
- Dynamic oscillating motion technology
- Over 2300+ revolutions per minute
- IMPROVE FITNESS & FLEXIBILITY: The Hurtle Vibration Platform Trainer features a revolutionary design for fitness that’s fun - Vibrating exercise machine style for full body sports training
- HOME GYM EXERCISE: Introduce next-generation sports gym training in the comfort of your own home with simple electric plug-in operation - Vibration exercise stimulates your muscles while training
- LOSE WEIGHT & BURN FAT: Benefits from vibration exercise go far beyond building muscle, you will also enjoy boosting metabolism, improving circulation and building core strength simultaneously
- VIBRATING PLATFORM: Dynamic oscillating motion technology allows whole body vibration for full body fitness & strength training - Lab tested exercise machine also helps reduce the appearance of cellulite
- ABS, THIGHS & BUTTOCKS: Target the entire body with the high-powered vibration motor providing over 2300+ revolutions per minute - Includes detachable handheld resistance bands for arm and upper body exercises
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This is another product that follows many of the same design beats as the LifePro waver. Like many others, it falls short of the quality of that inspiration, but offers a great economy option for those looking to save money. It’s a simple, effective, and reliable vibration plate that does everything you need from it, at a fair price, and without breaking easily.
Pros and cons for Hurtle Vibration Plate
- Wide platform for better
- Powerful motor for larger headroom and durability in low-power oscillation training
- Affordable product with a good set of basic features, design, and reliability
- Slightly above average user limit of 260lbs is a mild benefit compared to others
- Limited vibration sessions with a preset timer you can’t change
- Weaker and smaller than other hurtle vibration plates
What you need to know about the BTR30
Hurtle’s vibration plate follows a lot of the design conventions we’ve seen so far. With a 26.8” by 15.5” plate, it’s got great dimensions and plenty of training effect. This is because the width is even more important for oscillation, which depends on creating uneven footing for better dynamic balance training.
It offers 2300 RPM, a remote control with basic functions, and a standard LCD monitor system. The motor runs at 50-60hz, which is plenty for oscillation. This headroom always helps. This is lower power and smaller than other Hurtle vibration plates like the BTR35 and BTR60, which offer a significant upgrade.
The actual amplitude – 10mm – is perfectly in line with other products with similar designs. This makes it strong enough and intense enough to provide an effective session at 2300 RPM, a great upper limit for a product of this price. The actual motor functions are competitive on the market despite the great price point.
The BTR30 is an entry-level model at an affordable price. The load capacity of 260lbs is a little light, however, with a slightly limited range. Sessions are capped at 10 minutes, however, for longevity of the motor and health reasons alike. This can be frustrating since you may want to change duration instead of power.
- Speeds: 20
- Load Capacity: 265 lbs.
- Dimensions: 26.8'' x 15.5'' x 5.5''
Confidence Fitness - Best Value Upright Vibration Machine
The Confidence Fitness Slim offers oscillating vibrations with upright support and an easy-to-use upright console. These make it another excellent choice for the elderly and those with joint problems, with easy access to all your functions while standing.
- Increases muscle strength
- Improves general fitness
- Combats cellulite
- Increases muscle strength
- Improves circulation
- Improves general fitness
- Increases bone density; Combats cellulite
- If you suffer from joint problems, have a heart condition or use a pacemaker, we recommend seeking medical advice before using a vibration trainer
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
We love upright vibration machines – they’re more expensive, but they offer a better experience. The Confidence vibration plate is a great example, with a fantastic set of functions and the most powerful motor we’ve seen on a retail vibration plate – offering a great experience, tons of intensity and speed options, and a reliable long-term purchase to improve your strength and balance.
Pros and cons for Confidence Fitness
- Upright, supported vibration plates are amazing for all users
- Most powerful motor on our list produces excellent options and durability
- Above average platform dimensions for more effective training
- Smaller foot plate than axis-plate for a slightly reduced set of training options
What you need to know about the Confidence Fitness
It offers both oscillation and light pulsing, with a 26” by 22” platform, slightly smaller than the Axis-Plate and more compact. This is also the cheaper of the two products, from most sellers, helping you save money while still getting the best in support and easy use. It uses this width with a 0-10mm amplitude, which is great because lower settings offer better training to beginners.
This product is comparable in price to the Rumblex 4D from LifePro. Where that product focuses on intensity and different types of vibration, Confidence Fitness focuses on support. The upright hand supports are great for maintaining balance during challenging speeds, while the wide footplate allows for better deep-muscle training and balance development.
This is an amazing product for those who are less familiar with vibration training, who need a little extra standing support. This also allows access to more-intense training for seniors, the inexperienced, and those coming back from injuries without as much risk.
There are 50 speeds, each more intense in difference than other products, and a 300lbs weight rating. The Axis-Plate is definitely better for larger individuals, but Confidence’s upright vibration machine offers a 1.5 horsepower motor with excellent longevity and a 50-60hz frequency range. This is enormous and offers excellent longevity in the most important moving parts.
- Dimensions: 29" x 27.5" x 48"
- Vibration plate dimensions: 21" x 15"
- Frequency Range 50-60Hz
- Speed Range 1-50
Hurtle Standing Vibration Plate - Most Affordable Upright Vibration Plate
Hurtle’s upright vibration plate is an entry-level option that provides great features at a lower price than Axis-Plate or Confidence Fitness. The upright handles are a single unit, which does offer reduced support, but enough to make it more user-friendly than a normal Waver-style plate.
- Reinforced Aluminum Alloy and Engineered ABS
- Lab tested to improve muscle strength
- Dynamic oscillating motion technology
- FULL BODY TRAINING MACHINE: Get more results in less time! This revolutionary exercise equipment is lab tested to improve muscle strength & circulation. Perfect for ab toning, fat burning & sports training
- HIGH-POWERED VIBRATION: This machine boasts dynamic oscillating motion technology for faster and effective results. Adjustable time & speed settings also allows you to customize your workout session
- IDEAL FOR ALL BODY TYPES: Perfect training equipment for people who are looking to get fit, reduce cellulite appearance & improve metabolic rates. Designed for all age groups & body types
- EASY OPERATION: Features digital LCD display with touch button controls to make menu navigation fast and simple. It also comes with a rubber base foot pad for a more comfortable training session
- QUICK SETUP & STORAGE: The portable power plate comes with convenient base wheels making it simpler to setup & store. Simple electronic plug-in design & small footprint make this machine ideal for home use
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This isn’t a super-premium product. It does lack some of the outstanding features we’ve seen from the LifePro products and the support of the Axis-Plate, for example. However, it does oscillation well and offers a great compromise on functions, price, and durability. This makes it a standout product in its own right and the best affordable upright supported vibration machine we’ve seen.
Pros and cons for Hurtle Standing Vibration Plate
- Upright supports for an easier, better-balanced workout
- Less expensive than other upright balance plates to make for an affordable compromis
- Perfect for smaller people and those seeking simple upright support
- Small product that fits easily into homes, unlike other fixed upright vibration plate
- Narrow footplate
- Not as powerful as some normal or upright vibration plates
- Relatively simple support handles – inferior to true uprights like the Axis-Plate
What you need to know about the Hurtle Standing Vibration Plate
The upright console and hand-supports make for excellent additions for injured, elderly, or poorly-balanced users. It also makes higher-intensities a possibility without the same requirement on balance and experience. This can help newer users get stronger at their own pace in the hips, core, and lower back.
The upright is also adjustable, unlike the other upright products we’ve looked at. This makes it perfect for smaller and taller people to find a height that suits them. The rubberised upper does include specially-designed foot markers, which can be useful but also limits the comfortable training stances you might use.
The plate itself is quite narrow at 21” by 19”, providing a narrower base than many on the market. As an oscillation-only vibrating machine, it is somewhat limited compared to the Rumblex 4D and other multi-function vibrating plates.
- Revolutions per Minute: 550 RPM
- Load Capacity: 264 lbs. Max.
- Dimensions: 21.2’’ x 19.7’’ x 46.0’’ -inches
ZELUS Vibration Plate - Best All-Rounder Upright Vibration Trainer
Zelus are offering a similar product to Confidence fitness: an upright supported platform with a range of functions and a powerful 1.5hp motor. This makes for both powerful and easy use, with a range of speeds, and great applicability to those with more serious balance or strength needs.
- 10 exercise modes
- 180 speed levels
- built-in speakers
- WELCOMING TO ALL: Whether young or old, male or female, unfit or hyperfit, Zelus's 2000W vibration plate has a way to improve your workouts and give you a little bit more energy and results as you aim to stay fit and slim. Find exactly the right intensity for your body with 10 exercise modes and 180 speed levels!
- 2000W OF POWER: The 1.5 hp motor gives you 2000W of powerful but controlled vibration to work your supporting muscles and stimulate circulation as you exercise. The digital control panel tracks your BMI, duration, and settings as you go
- SAFE & DURABLE: Constructed from quality metal with a corrosion-resistant matte black finish, our vibration exercise machine's sturdy frame supports up to 330 pounds through years of service. The foam-wrapped handrails improve your comfort and grip, while the rubber feet provide secure footing without damage to your home's floors.
- WORK HARD, PLAY HARD: Two workout bands come included to provide more variety and low-impact resistance for whole-body muscle building and toning. The built-in speakers will cheer you on with your favorite workout soundtrack through it all!
- HIGHLY MOBILE: The quality caster wheels allow quick, easy, and floor-friendly movement so you can save space between workouts or classes.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The Zelus product isn’t drastically different from other competitors on this list.
However, it does expand on the durability and design-quality of many. It’s more compact than the Axis-Plate, offers better weight capacity than confidence, and much better platform dimensions than the Hurtle plate. This makes the Zelus one of the most affordable, best-value buys for an upright vibration machine.
Pros and cons for ZELUS Vibration Plate
- Powerful upright vibration plate with a strong 1.5 horsepower motor
- Higher weight rating (330lbs) than the confidence or axis-plate offerings
- Great platform dimensions offering wider and more-effective sessions
- High-quality construction with good moving parts
- Expensive compared to many options
- Not the largest footplate, which may limit some very-tall users
What you need to know about the Zelus
This product expands on that formula with a greater weight rating – all the way up to 330lbs – and is thus better for larger people. The foot plate itself is a standard 26” by 24”, which is great compared to upright devices like the Hurtle vibration machine. The extra-large size is useful for larger, taller people and offers more training options for everyone.
The vibration itself is designed to be lower impact and support better joint health. This change of direction support is a key to better health in the hips, knees, and spine. The rubberised platform is also great with horizontal ridges to improve grip without causing discomfort in the feet – and a rubber finish for greater comfort.
The construction is good, it’s highly durable, and has well-finished surfaces. Occasional quality assurance issues are the only problem we’ve run into – with occasional missing fixtures, bolts, and instructions.
- Max. Load: 330lbs
- Power: 2000W
- Speeds: 180
AXV Vibration Machine - Best Economy Mini Vibration Machine
AXV’s vibration machine is a stronger take on the standard model than products like the SuperDeal or BestChoice. While it follows the same design philosophy of the LifePro Waver – and the same familiar design aesthetics – it’s a small upgrade on other entry-level products.
- With 2 resistance workout bands
- Adjustable vibration speed (1 to 120)
- Magnet health massage function
- ✅BUILD YOUR DREAM BODY: Jump on your vibrating exercise machine to instantly sculpt your ideal body!The system creates a full-body vibration that stimulates muscles - causing extra muscle contraction and increased activation.This kind of machine helps in maintaining reflex reactions, thus burning calories and fat.It can helps your body process fat many times faster than running.
- ✅RELIEF, REHABILITATION & REPAIR: The AXV vibration plate delivers efficient and gentle Whole Body Vibrations, waking muscles throughout the body and increasing blood flow and oxygen delivery to the muscles. This enhances your body’s built-in ability to regenerate cells and repair itself. Relief is felt from the first session, and continued, regular use builds up muscle tone, protecting nerves and bones, relieving chronic pain, repairing old injuries, and providing greater range of motion.
- ✅RICH FUNCTIONAL & HIGH EFFICIENT& REMOTE CONTROL: Adjustable vibration speed (1 to 120), with 2 resistance workout bands, can exercise upper body and lower body at the same time. Offering variety of exercise modes, allow you to try different vibration exercises, With this workout machine, you can have your routine exercise done in only 10 minutes everyday. What you’ll get is a better shape and enhanced metabolism, increased bone mineral density, relieve and reduce stress levels.
- ✅WHY WE CHOOSE AXV VIBRATION PLATE: Can be connected to phone via BT and used as BT speaker; Magnet health massage function; LED display shows time, speed and burnt fat making your workout visible; Compact size can be used anywhere & easy to carry and store; Anti-slip coating designed;Enhanced upgraded Ergonomic design shell ensures more durability and stability; Comes with Remote control ,Resistance Bands and detailed manual...everything you need.
- ✅SUPERIOR QUALITY 100% LIFETIME SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Our products are manufactured by the top professional factory, each product has been rigorously tested. you can enjoy our vibration plate and resistance bands absolutely risk-free. AXV's mission is to develop premium & safe home exercise equipment to help you lead a healthier & better lifestyle with 100% customer satisfaction. If you got any problems, just contact the seller first in Email,we will give you a satisfactory solution.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This is one of the best affordable, low-cost vibration plates on the market. While it has a smaller platform and reduced range compared to larger products, that comes with a compact design and smooth function. This actually works well for most users, where the 10mm vibration intensity doesn’t add much. If you’re looking for a compact, effective vibration plate, this might be perfect.
Pros and cons for AXV Vibration Machine
- Stronger features than many other mini vibration plates at comparable price
- Offers good standards of intensity and amplitude for size, comparable to Waver mini
- Great upper design with comfortable overall design
- 99 speed settings and a smooth motor
- Lacks some of the power of larger products
- Does struggle to compete with LifePro on durability and brand reputation
What you need to know about the AXV
The platform dimensions are quite small at 20” by 13”, making this an inexpensive version of the MiniWaver 3d we looked at before. The actual design of the rubberised upper, however, is far more foot-friendly and offers a more comfortable finish than either of the white-label products discussed above.
The compact size can be a benefit for storage and ease of use, with a lighter and easier-to-move product compared to many larger products. The LED display is also far more useful in normal lighting conditions and more responsive than the BestChoice or SuperDeal vibration plates.
It’s a simple oscillating vibration plate that offers an effective but moderate 8mm vibration intensity and a good range of speeds. This makes it a great choice for everyday use, particularly in muscular recovery and maintaining good joint and muscle health. The smaller vibrations and smooth motor are great for back pain, in particular, with a low-impact function and a built-in timer.
- Dimensions: 20.4” x 13” x 4.7”/ Safe
- Capacity: 330lbs
- Hz & Amplitude: 5-12.5hz & 10-12mm
What are Whole Body Vibration machines and Power Plates?
Whole body vibration machines are a vibrating platform that moves rapidly in small increments, either up and down or side to side. The vibration or motion they give off moves through your body, causing your muscles to involuntarily contract in order to stabilize you. The contractions use energy, and therefore calories, allowing your body to burn fat. The contractions also strengthen muscle and set off beneficial hormonal process in your body that have anti aging and bone building effects.
Tell Me More About How Whole Body Vibration Causes Fat Loss
Muscles are composed of three fiber types. Slow Twitch, fast twitch, and super fast twitch.
- Slow Twitch (Type I) muscle is very efficient and uses the least amount of energy. Walking is an activity that engages slow twitch muscle. While walking will burn fat, it does not burn it as quickly as other muscle fiber types.
- Fast Twitch (Type IIa) is less efficient. Sprinting is an activity that uses fast twitch muscle. It uses a lot of energy in a short amount of time, and some of the energy is wasted, as it is not as efficient as slow twitch muscle.
- Super fast twitch muscle (Type IIx) Is very fast, and very inefficient. It uses the most energy in the least amount of time and is involved in reflexes and is not used as frequently as other types, but prompting the body to engage super fast muscle is the key to success with whole body vibration, at least in regards to fat loss.
Whole body vibration turns on super fast twitch muscle, activating fast and slow twitch muscle, burning huge amounts of calories. Making fat loss one of the best way to use vibration plate.
What are the Benefits of Whole Body Vibration?
- Increases bode density and muscle strength. Several studies have shown that using whole body vibration increases bone density and this is why it is often recommended for the elderly and those who suffer osteoporosis.
- Improved balance – another reason doctors and chiropractors recommend whole body vibration to senior citizens is that it increases Muscle Strength especially core muscles, involved in balance. It decreases falling incidents in the elderly.
- Decreased back pain – many users swear by whole body vibration to relieve back pain.
- Tremendously decreased time of rehabilitation for patients who’ve had ACL reconstructive knee surgery
- Increased fat loss, decrease Body Fat specifically the more harmful visceral fat (by up to 8 x compared to “regular” subcutaneous fat) and loss in Total Fat Mass
- Improvements in function for some patients with multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease
Looking for the Best Vibration Machine? Here is What to Watch out For
There are several different vibration types whole body vibration machines use.
Triangular Oscillation Vibration moves each side of the plate up and down from side to side like a see-saw. It has a center fulcrum that the plate pivots on.
This type of vibration is ideal for the less active or elderly. It usually moves more, relative to linear vibration, up to 1 cm in each direction. Machines that use this type of vibration also use lower hertz, or frequency, between 5 and 35 Hz.
Linear Vibration, pivotal vibration, Vertical tri-planar; these machines have a platform that moves up and down, both sides together.
This type of vibration is good for the more athletic type, and also for those looking to increase bone density. The machine using this type of vibration usually run between 20 to 50 hz and move just a short distance, 2mm to 4mm.
Elliptical Vibration, 3D vibration
These machines move in an elliptical fashion, both up and down and side to side.
The machine using this motion is less intense and works well for folks with balance issues, or those who have spent a long time inactive. Machines with this type of vibration, and at least 30 Hz frequency, are best of osteoporosis.
Note: Many studies showing the efficacy of whole body vibration used a hertz of about 30 Hz, which is why those looking to increase bone density often seek a machine with at least 30 Hz.
The Best Power Plate Exercises
Power Plate exercises for fat loss and toning
In this quick 5 minute video Dr Kenneth best demonstrates how to use a whole body vibration machine for a low impact fat burning and muscle toning workout.
Power Plate Moves for increasing Bone density and treating Osteoporosis
This video discusses what types of vibration machines work best for Osteoporosis and about 4 minutes into the video a fitness trainer demonstrates exercises you can perform to help increase bone density using a whole body vibration machine.
When it comes to the best vibration machine, there are some that are better than others, but it depends on your goals.
Remember: for bone density, gentler 3D motion, with a Hz of at least 30, but much more, is ideal.
For the athletic, linear vibration machines give the best results, ad for the less active and elderly, looking to lose weight, triangular oscillation is the way to go.
Have any questions?
We are here to help! Let us know what your thoughts are and feel free to leave a question or comment below.