Top 10 Best Folding Treadmills for Home Use Reviewed in 2022
Garagegympower is reader-supported. When you purchase through links in our articles, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Love to run but it’s cold or wet outside?
Or, maybe you just want to burn off a few calories while walking in front of the TV but you don’t have space for a home gym?
A folding treadmill may be the answer.
Along with the best 10 folding treadmills available in 2022, we are also going to share a few things to keep in mind before you choose a folding treadmill as well as answer some of the frequently asked questions about treadmills.
What to consider when choosing a folding treadmill
- Price – Folding treadmills vary widely in price, depending on the features they offer and how durable they are. It’s therefore important to pick the right one according to your needs and your budget.
- Customer & Expert Reviews – It’s always a great idea to consider the experiences other people had with a product before purchasing it.
- Maximum User Weight – For your treadmill to be stable and safe to use, it must be designed to handle your body weight, so make sure that the model you choose is suited for your frame and weight.
- Speed and Settings – Make sure to get a treadmill that offers the right speed and settings for your fitness level and needs.
- Storage and Portability – When choosing a folding treadmill, the size of it and the portability will be a key factor to consider, as you want to be able to store it easily.
This is how we select and evaluate products on GGP
In this article, we review a number of popular products that we have found using in-depth research and analysis work. The products you find in the article are sold by one or more of our partners. Although these partnerships may influence the range of products in the article, our recommendations are based on an overall assessment of the product.
We evaluate and compare products in the article based on:
- Official and impartial product tests
- Customer reviews and opinions about the product
- Data on user behavior and preferences
- Specifications, characteristics, and disadvantages of the product
- Guarantees, service, and reputation of the dealer
Apart from that, we compare the price and quality of each product and deliver our subjective assessments and recommendations to our readers. The position of the product in the list does not necessarily reflect its quality, as all the products we review are picked as the best choice for certain users.
NordicTrack T Series Treadmills- Best overall folding treadmill
This is both the best folding treadmill for the money and the best folding treadmill for running. Great quality and a great price make it a winner!
- 30-Day iFIT Membership Included
- 10% OneTouch incline control
- SMART-Response Motor for effective speed
- 30-Day Ifit Membership Included; Stream Live & On-Demand Workouts On Your Equipment With Global Workouts & Studio Classes; Elite Trainers Adjust Your Equipment (15 Dollar Value)
- 10% Onetouch Incline Control; 10 Mph Smart Onetouch Speed Control; With Ifit, Your Trainer Auto-Adjusts Your Speed And Incline Through A Smart Bluetooth Connection
- Smart-Response Motor For Effective Speed, Interval, And Endurance Training; 20" X 55" Tread Belt Offers Plenty Of Leg And Elbow Space As You Run; Flexselect Deck Cushioning Protects Your Joints
- Innovative Spacesaver Design With Easylift Assist Means Your Treadmill Can Fold Up After Your Run For Compact, Simple Storage; Auxiliary Music Port And Dual 2-Inch Speakers Provide Entertainment
- 300-Pound User Capacity; Protected With A 10-Year Frame Assurance, 2-Year Parts Assurance, And 1-Year Labor Assurance; 54" H X 36" W X 73.5" L
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This iFit compatible treadmill is great value with the quality you would expect from NordicTrack but a price you would expect from a no-name brand.
Pros and cons for NordicTrack T Series Treadmills
- Suitable for both walking and running with 55” long belt.
- Adjustable shock absorbing system for a firmer or softer ride.
- Auxiliary music port and dual 2-inch speakers
- Speakers could be better
What you need to know about the T Series Treadmills
An ample 55” deck allows you to walk or run, you can adjust the deck to feel like you are running on the road, or dial it up for a more shock-absorbing ride. And, for its size, it takes up little space when folded.
The powerful SMART-Response motor is designed to support all types of cardio training, from HIIT workouts to endurance runs. It’s self-cooling, which means it’ll be able to endure even your hardest workout sessions.
This folding treadmill has been sold tens of thousands of times and the waste majority of users loved their purchase. They praise it as a very well-made piece of equipment that operates beautifully at the highest of inclines and at all available speeds – and it is STURDY.
- Incline: up to 10%
- Max speed: 10 mph
- Weight limit: 300 lbs
3G Cardio 80i Fold Flat Treadmill- Best folding treadmill for running
Best folding treadmill for small spaces like under a bed and one of the most compact folding treadmills available.
- Can easily be stored under the bed
- Heavy-duty Ortho Flex suspension
- No membership required
- 3G Cardio, an Arizona-based company with a combined 50 years of experience in the fitness equipment industry, provides commercial-level quality at a superior price to our customers. We offer an above industry standard lifetime frame warranty, 5-year parts, and 1-year in-home labor and you are only a phone call away from 5-star customer service 9-5 weekdays PST
- The 80i Fold Flat Incline Treadmill is the only folding treadmill on the market built exclusively for runners. Folding flat to a height of just 9.75 inches (74"L x 33"W x 9.75"H) it can easily be rolled under the bed for storage. Additionally, fold vertical (39"L x 33"W x 70"H) with another set of wheels if desired
- Heavy-duty Ortho Flex suspension limits the initial foot strike vibration while the 18.5” x 58” running belt provides plenty of space. Max user weight 325 lbs.
- All the necessary built-in programs with numerous pre-programmed courses, fitness tests, 1-touch speed (.5 to 11 MPH) and incline levels (0 - 15), and the ability to custom create your workouts
- NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED with our equipment! Enjoy all your music through the built-in speakers and connect to your tablet and enjoy surround sound while watching your favorite movie or TV show.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
3G Cardio, an Arizona-based company with a combined 50 years of experience in the fitness equipment industry, provides commercial-level quality at a superior price.
Pros and cons for 3G Cardio 80i Fold Flat Treadmill
- Folds down flat to stow under a bed or can be set in an upright folded position.
- 58” long deck and powerful motor make this ideal for serious runners.
- Up to 15% incline for a decent challenge during your run.
- It's quite heavy at 100 lbs
What you need to know about the 80i Fold Flat Treadmill
This treadmill is one of the only treadmills designed for running that can also fold flat to store under a bed.
When flat, it is just under 10” tall. It has a very powerful motor, high max incline, high user weight limit, and a generous 58” long deck which makes it great for jogging and running.
It comes with a lot of built-in programs with numerous pre-programmed courses, fitness tests, 1-touch speed (.5 to 11 MPH) and elevation settings (up to 15%), and the ability to custom create your workouts.
Customers love the treadmill for its stability, as well as all the settings it offers. It’s also not quite as noisy as you would expect it to be considering both it price and power.
- Incline: 15%
- Max speed: 11 mph
- Electric or manual: electric 3 HP motor
- Weight limit: 325 lbs
Sunny Health & Fitness Asuna Treadm- Best folding treadmill for small spaces
A large walking surface on a compact treadmill, makes this piece of equipment a true space saver, while also providing a comfortable workout.
- modern design offers large deck space
- Folds completely flat and stands upright
- Control functions are user-friendly
- DESIGN: State-of-the-art, modern design offers large deck space to run or walk, but compact enough to fit in most areas of the home. 6 separate LED windows clearly display all the important workout data such as incline level, heart rate, calories, time, distance, step count, speed.
- CONSTRUCTION: Sturdy handrails are available to assist in getting on and off the treadmill. Textured deck rails allow the user to place feet securely on both sides of the treadmill deck. The folding tablet bracket securely holds mobile devices.
- PERFORMANCE: Control functions are user-friendly with easy to reach Start and Stop buttons. Quick speed and recline buttons. 8 built-in workout programs or create your own workout with the 3 user-customizable programs. Ergonomic vertical handles with pulse sensors accurately read your heart rate.
- FITNESS: Reach a maximum speed of 8 miles an hour with the powerful motor. 12 levels of recline will automatically go up and down with the easy-to-reach buttons. Integrated shock pads minimized the ground reaction resulting in less impact on the joints.
- CONVENIENCE: Folds completely flat and stands upright by itself against a wall or flat surface. Non-marking transportation wheels make moving in and out easy and convenient.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The compact size is possible because the console is very streamlined and takes up little space. The max speed of 8 mph is enough for a light jog, but the incline settings provide enough resistance for more advanced runners. All in all it’s a great foldable treadmill for the price.
Pros and cons for Sunny Health & Fitness Asuna Treadm
- Built-in HR monitor in the handles.
- Long and Wide 19” by 51” deck especially considering how compact the treadmill is ove
- Controls are very easy to use, even for those not technically inclined.
- No frills console holds a tablet and not much else.
What you need to know about the Asuna Treadmill
The Asuna SpaceFlex is good for walking or light jogging. It is one of the more compact folding treadmills on this list and it folds down to lie flat on the ground to tuck under a bed or can stand upright.
Users love this treadmill, describing it as elegant, small, portable, and yet very sturdy. It can handle a maximum user weight of 220 lbs, which is impressive considering the size of the treadmill, and it offers 12 incline levels, which allow for more resistance than the 8 mph maximum speed would provide.
It is a bit more expensive than other machines on our list, but it is worth the investment if you are looking for a high-quality piece of equipment that will last you for years.
- Incline: 12 levels
- Max speed: 8 mph
- Electric or manual: electric 1.25 HP
- Weight limit: 220 lbs
Merax Electric Folding Treadmill- Best Cheap folding Treadmill
Provides a quiet workout with a powerful motor perfect for walking, jogging, and running in the comfort of your own home, for a very affordable price.
- Powered by FitShow Sports App
- With easy lift and transport wheels
- Spacious tread belt provides added security
- 【Multi-function LED Display & Handrails】LED Mode---Heart rate, scan, speed, distance, time and calories. Handrails have speed +/-, start/stop and heart rate test functions.
- 【3 Modes & 12 Programs】The Merax compact treadmill is engineered with a wide speed range from 0.5 to 7.5 MPH, that allows you to walk, jog and run at any speed you prefer, or choose from 12 preset programs in one touch. With a powerful 2.5HP motor offering large load-bearing ability up to 300 lbs.
- 【Low Noise&Safety Protection Function】This electric treadmill with low noise motor is designed for a home environment. When you use our treadmill, it's the same volume as the conversation, don't worry it will bother your family and neighbors.Safety Key connect you and the machine, emergency stop button on the handrail, which double protect you while working out.
- 【Non-assembly Design & Space Save Design】This Folding treadmill arrives fully assembled and can be used directly after unboxing. Foldable design and transportation wheels allow for easy mobility and portable foldable treadmill for storage, fold it up and walk away in one easy step, perfect for home , apartment, office use.
- 【Space Save Design & IPAD/Mobile Phone Holder】Treadmill can be easy folded, with wheels it is easy for moving and storage.Put your mobile phone or Ipad on the holder,you can talk with your friends or watch movies when you work out on this treadmill.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
Simple, compact, affordable jogging treadmill that fits just about anywhere. This Merax treadmill is one of the best cheap folding treadmills available.
Pros and cons for Merax Electric Folding Treadmill
- HR sensor built into the handlebars.
- Compact, folds to a near-vertical position.
- Quiet operation, won’t disturb neighbors or others in the house.
- Bluetooth connectivity and 15 preset workout programs.
- No cushion or impact control.
What you need to know about the Merax
This inexpensive, compact walking or jogging treadmill is great for small spaces and those who are happy with a maximum speed that is good for running but won’t reach a sprint.
It is quiet so you won’t disturb others while you work out and when you are done, it folds to a nearly vertical position and can be easily moved using the attached transport wheels. It also folds completely automatically, just by the press of a button, which is quite convenient.
Even though it’s quite small, it’s very sturdy and stable, and can withstand a maximum user weight of 300 lbs. The three levels of incline make it less versatile than premium models, but it also offers a lot more resistance than other treadmills in its price range.
- Max. Speed: 10 mph
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 300 lbs
- Incline: 3 manual incline levels
- Dimensions: 56.5 x 26 x 45.6 inches
- Number of Programs: 12
GoPlus 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill- Best 2 in 1 Folding Treadmil
Perfect for walkers with mobility issues who want a safe indoor walking option. One of the best folding treadmills for small spaces.
- 2 modes to meet your different sports needs
- powerful and ultra-quiet 2.25HP motor
- Provides an effective and safe cushion
- INNOVATIVE 2-IN-1 FOLDING TREADMILL-- Compared to ordinary treadmills, our 2-in-1 Superfit treadmill has 2 modes to meet your different sports needs. When the riser is folded, it can be used as a jogging machine at a speed of 0.6MPH-2.5MPH, when the handrail is raised, the running speed is 0.6MPH-7.5MPH, and the speed unit could be switched between mile and km in APP.
- POWERFUL 2.25HP -- With a powerful and ultra-quiet 2.25HP motor, this Superfit treadmill allows you to walk or run without disturbing others, making it ideal for home and office use. With a sturdy and durable steel frame and multi-layer shield design, it's shock-absorbing and noise-reducing, making your running quieter, safer and more comfortable.
- NON-SLIP RUNNING BELT & MULTIFUNCTIONAL LED DISPLAY -- The 5-layer non-slip texture running belt features a spacious running area(40" x16"), providing an effective and safe cushion for your knees and muscles for a superior running experience. The LED display clearly shows time, speed, distance and calories, monitoring your progress in real time and keeping your movement data at a glance.
- WITH BLUETOOTH SPEAKER, PHONE HOLDER, REMOTE CONTROL & APP CONTROL -- Connect the superfit treadmill to your phone through Bluetooth, so you can play music while you are exercising. You can also use the phone holder to watch videos or chat with friends. The remote control (battery not included) is convenient to adjust the speed of movement and stop instantly. Smart APP control is perfect to record exercise data and running with other users.
- EASY TO MOVE AND STORE -- The compact, foldable design and built-in transport wheels make it easy to move and store this under desk treadmill to save space. And it's out of the box and doesn't need to be installed.（HANDLES NEED TO BE REMOVED BEFORE FOLDING）
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This treadmill is very light, compact, and easy to move from room to room. It can be used as a desk walking-treadmill, as well as a regular one, with enough power for running and jogging. A great machine, especially given the low price.
Pros and cons for GoPlus 2.25 HP Folding Treadmill
- Two modes for more training options
- No assembly required, just install one bolt – that’s it.
- Powerful motor and 7.5 mph top speed is more than enough for brisk walking and light
- Available in different colors.
- Slightly shorter deck may be too short for running if you’re tall.
- No incline settings
What you need to know about the Goplus 2 in 1
This treadmill is very light, compact, and easy to move from room to room. It’s designed so that the handles can be removed and the treadmill placed under a standing desk so that you can walk while you work.
Once the handles are replaced, the treadmill transforms back into a running treadmill with a higher maximum speed. It comes with remote control for when it’s being used as an under desk treadmill and is available in seven different colors.
Connect the superfit treadmill to your phone through Bluetooth, so you can play music while you are exercising. You can also use the phone holder to watch videos or chat with friends.
Existing users rated the treadmill very well, most being blown away by how silent it is, and by the versatility of the product, as it can be used both as a walking treadmill when working, as well as for jogging.
- Max speed: 7.5 mph
- Electric or manual: electric 2.25 HP motor
- Weigh Capacity: 265 lbs
- Overall Dimension: 49”x 27”x 42”
Goplus Folding Treadmill- Best Folding Treadmill for Walking
A very compact folding treadmill that includes 12 programs, 3 levels of manual incline, and comfort cushioning that is designed to protect your joints.
- LCD Display & With IPAD/Mobile Phone Holder
- 3 levels Power Adjustable Incline
- Pro-Cushioning for more safety and less noise
- 【2.25 HP Impulse Max Motor & Weight Capacity】2.25 horsepower quite impulse motor deliver power for interval, speed, or endurance training. Don't worry it will make big noise, this treadmill is perfect for any room in your house. Weight capacity is 220LBs, as far as possible to meet your needs.
- 【Foldable & Adjustable Incline Design 】Easy folding mechanism and a soft drop system to help you fold and unfold your treadmill safely and with ease. 3 levels incline change design help you burn more calories, tone more muscle, and build greater endurance.
- 【0.5-7.5 MPH Speed levels & P01-P12 Programs 】With 0.5 to 7.5 MPH Speed levels available, you can select different speed base on your physical condition and exercise based. There are also 12 programs available for you to choose, these easy-to-use exercise programs help to improve your cardiovascular fitness, boost your health, and burn fat.
- 【5" Blue-Ray LCD Display & 16" X 47" Rubber Tread Belt】5" blue-ray LCD display screen and 16" X 47" big runing belt give you best workout experience. With Ipad/ mobile phone holder you can talk with your friend or watch wonderful video while you working out.
- 【Safety Design and Cushioning Design】Safety Key connect you and the machine, emergency stop button on the handrail, which double protect you while working out. Cushioning design on both side of treadmill will reduce noise and descrese vibration to your floor, provide you best and quite workout experience.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This treadmill is not only super compact and easy to fold, but it also is very quiet, allowing you to use it and store it pretty much anywhere. The max speed is a bit lower than in other models, but the 3 levels of incline will provide you with enough resistance for a nice workout.
Pros and cons for Goplus Folding Treadmill
- Folds up to a small footprint of just 9 by 23 inches when not in use.
- Very quiet operation, will not disturb others.
- Safety stop key built-in.
- Easy to use, 4 buttons, for less technical, uncomplicated operation.
- might not offer enough speed for running
What you need to know about the Goplus
This electric treadmill is very quiet and very compact. It has a small deck, just 38” long, to fit small spaces, and the noise will not bother the neighbors. It is also easy to move and even has small wheels to help with transport if you need to get it out of the way.
It folds completely upright to just 9” wide when not in use to take up the least space possible. This means it can be stashed under the bed, in the closet behind the couch, or up against a wall.
The maximum speed it offers (7.5 mph) is not as fast as in other models, but thanks to the 3 levels of inclines, it still offers enough resistance for most users. The user reviews for this product are mostly positive, since it delivers what it promises.
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 200 lbs
- Number of Programs: 12
- Max. Speed: 7.5MPH
XTERRA Fitness TR150- Best Budget Folding Treadmill
Intentionally esigned for home use, the TR150 incorporates numerous thoughtful features that were developed with your performance and comfort in mind.
- easy-to-read display with intuitive interface
- cushioned technology for impact absorption
- Large 16" x 50" walking/running surface
- Large 16" X 50" Walking/Running Surface Accommodates Users Of Many Sizes And Stride Lengths
- Intuitive 5" Lcd Display Is Easy To Read And Keeps You Updated On Speed, Incline, Time, Distance, Calories And Pulse
- 12 Preset Programs And 3 Manual Incline Settings Offer Unmatched Variety For Your Workouts
- Easy Pull Knob Releases The Deck To Fold Or Unfold For Convenient Storage When Not In Use
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The XTERRA Fitness TR150 is a sturdy and stable piece of equipment, that might not be as compact as other foldable treadmills, but it offers a lot of power in exchange and can also handle a lot more in user weight.
Pros and cons for XTERRA Fitness TR150
- Smooth and quiet high torque 2.25 HP motor
- 3 levels of manual incline
- integrated bookrack and accessory holder
- Built-in transport wheels and easy-pull knob for folding/unfolding
- incline is set manually
- gets noisy at higher speed
What you need to know about the TR150
The XTERRA Fitness TR150 is robustly built and can handle a maximum load of 250 lbs. It’s made from alloy steel, which does make it heavier than other models, but also a lot more stable at higher speeds.
When it comes to speed, the 2.25 Horsepower motor can deliver up to 10 mph, which is more than enough for a good run. In addition to that, the TR150 also offers 3 manual incline levels for even more resistance.
The user ratings for this foldable treadmill are largely positive, people praising it for its stability and comfort level, as well as how easy it is to fold and store away when not in use.
- Maximum Weight: 250 lbs
- Speed Rating 0.5-10mph (1-16 Kph)
- Number of Programs: 12
- Item Weight: 108 Pounds
- Incline: 3 Levels (Manual)
XTERRA Fitness TRX3500- Best High Performance Foldable Treadmill
Extremely sturdy and well-built treadmill, that offers a lot of features at an affordable price. Perfect choice for beginners and pros alike.
- Handlebar mounted speed and incline controls
- speed range up to 12 mph
- Can support users of up to 350 lb
- Smooth and powerful XTERRA high torque 3.0 HP motor
- Reader-friendly 6.5” bright blue backlit LCD display – clearly shows program profile, time, speed, pace, distance, calories, incline, and pulse
- Motivating programs include 30 pre-set, 2 custom, 1 heart rate control, and manual options
- Handlebar mounted speed and incline controls
- Built-in Bluetooth connects to FTMS-enabled third party apps like Zwift, Kinomap, Tacx, and more
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The TRX3500 is one of the most powerful and stable foldable treadmills on our list. It offers a lot of settings, an extremely powerful motor, and the highest level of comfort for a more than fair price.
Pros and cons for XTERRA Fitness TRX3500
- 12 different levels of incline
- 6.5" bright blue LCD display with 30 pre-set programs
- reading rack, built-in fan, and cupholders
- large 20"x60" belt and 350 lb user weight limit accommodates a wide range of users
- Bluetooth 4.0
- quite large even when folded
- quite heavy at 213.9 lbs
What you need to know about the TRX3500
The TRX3500 is one of the most stable treadmills on our list. It is a lot heavier than most other models on our list, but it will also provide you with the most comfort when running thanks to its sturdy build.
It’s also a bit larger than most others, but it is still foldable and can be stored away when not in use. The additional size also provides a larger running surface, which especially taller people will appreciate.
The 3.0 horsepower motor provides you with an incredible speed range up to 12 mph, which is more than most foldable models can offer. On top of that, it also offers 12 different levels of incline that can be set automatically.
Users praise this model a lot, and it’s one of the company’s best-selling pieces of equipment. It’s very popular because of the features it offers, but mostly thanks to the comfortable workout experience it provides.
- Weight limit: 350 lb
- Speed range: 0 -12 mph
- Incline range: 0 - 12 levels
- Folded dimensions: 51.2” x 35.5” x 65.8”
Ksports Treadmill- Total Exercise Package within a small footprint
This treadmill bundle provides a whole-body workout – walk, jog, run, sit-ups & dumbbell exercises – with a small enough footprint that it fits into every household.
- With Sit-Ups Training Functions
- 12 months warranty
- Excellent Customer Support
- 🏃【Total Exercise Package within a small footprint】This treadmill bundle provides a whole body workout - walk, jog, run, sit ups & dumb bell exercises with running surface of 45Lx16.5W inches (1145x420 mm), folded dimensions of 35Lx28Wx47.5H inches.
- 🏃【2.5HP motor, soft drop folding, 12 programs, 15 AUTO inclines】12 preset programs for varied personalized workouts. You can also manually control the speed from 0.5-10 Mph over 15 levels of AUTO inclines. Folding treadmill 300 lb capacity with incline.
- 🏃【Easy-to-read LCD display with Heart-Rate Sensor on Handlebars & FitShow Smart App】To monitor your pulse, calories, distance, time, and speed to achieve optimal intensity levels. Use the FitShow app for IOS & Android devices for various ways of exercise management.
- 🏃【Safety Features - Protects your knees and joints】The treadmill employs advance technology with double layer board & 6 shock absorbing springs for comfort and support of your knees and joints. The safety key allows for immediate stopping in emergency situations.
- 🏃【12 months warranty & Excellent Customer Support】Our treadmills come with a full 12-month warranty, 24/7 Customer Support, Fast Delivery Services & US inventory.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
It’s an incredibly well-built treadmill, especially considering the price, that offers a lot of features and accessories for additional workouts. It might be a bit short for very tall people, but for the average person looking for a compact and stable treadmill, this one is the right choice.
Pros and cons for Ksports Treadmill
- abdominal mat & sit-ups rack and dumbbells included
- Power saving function
- user-friendly control keys
- handlebars provide pulse monitoring, speed & slope controls
- FitShow App
- automated incline feature
- deck might be to short for tall people
What you need to know about the Ksports Treadmill
The Ksports Treadmill can be easily folded and wheeled away to save space using the quick-release pneumatic system. It’s quite lightweight and compact and will fit into pretty much any home.
Even though it’s relatively small, it can still support a lot of user weight – 308 lbs to be precise. It offers 12 programs to choose from, the highest one offering 10 mph which is fast enough for a good run. On top of that, it also has 15 levels of automatically set inclines.
Included in the bundle is a smart sports application called FitShow which allows you to control the machine from your phone, as well as to keep track of your exercises records.
Users love it for its convenience, as well as all the additional features it comes with, and all the workouts that can be done with it thanks to the accessories included in the bundle.
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 308 Pounds
- Number of Programs; 12
- Deck Length: 45 Inches
- Speed range: 0.5 to 10 Mph
SereneLife Smart Folding Treadmill- Smart and Compact Walking Treadmill
An easy to assemble and store treadmill, that offers a lot of features at an affordable price. It’s a great option for beginners.
- LCD display w/ touch button controls
- convenient hydraulic folding system
- built-in book/magazine tray and cup holder
- Treadmill dimensions – 50" L x 24" W x 49.2" H | Folded dimensions – 25.2” L x 24” W x 49.2” H | Weight – 60 lbs. | Maximum user weight – 265 lbs. | Tread Belt – 39.37” L x 15.74” W | Speed – 0.6 to 6.0 MPH | Inclination – 3 levels
- The compact treadmill for small spaces has LCD display w/ touch button controls. Displays run time, distance, speed, calories burned, heart rate w/ running data statistics readout and hand grip sensors for BPM pulse monitoring
- The SereneLife Smart Folding Treadmill with incline features a hassle-free electric motorized plug in design. This compact slim running machine is portable and has a convenient hydraulic folding style for easy setup and storage
- Get connected w/ the ‘FitShow’ app on your device via bluetooth. Allows you to record and review training data, display training stats and challenge friends, and share fitness data on social media. Works w/ Android, iPhone, tablet
- Use the adjusters to manually set incline levels. Keeps you safe w/ integrated safety key emergency power off function. Features built-in book/magazine tray and cup holder. Used for walking, jogging, as home gym running equipment
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The SereneLife Smart folding treadmill is perfect for beginners who don’t have a lot of space to spare. The machine is quite light, easy to fold, and very small when folded, which means it can be stored pretty much anywhere. It does not offer quite as much power as other models, but as a beginner, you won’t be needing much more.
Pros and cons for SereneLife Smart Folding Treadmill
- easy to fold
- very lightweight, which makes it portable
- incline features
- max. speed might be to low for some users
What you need to know about the SereneLife
This compact folding treadmill features a motor that is strong enough to provide you with long-distance running sessions, and also versatile enough to meet the needs of all your household members – well, almost. The top speed of 6 mph might not be sufficient for very advanced athletes.
It does offer 3 levels of manual incline, which will increase the level of resistance further, and it can handle a max. load of up to 265 lbs, which is impressive considering its size and own weight.
The treadmill is very popular, with blazing user reviews. People love it for its quietness and how easy it is to assemble, as well as the smooth run it provides,
- Item Weight: 66.5 Pounds
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 265 Pounds
- Number of Programs: 12
- Max. Speed: 6mph
How to Choose Your Treadmill
So, what should you be thinking about when choosing the best folding treadmill for home use? The main thing you need to decide is whether you want your treadmill for running or walking.
If you’re going to be walking on your treadmill, it’s important to choose one that is designed for walking so that the motor can handle running at a lower speed for a longer amount of time without burning out.
How do you know whether a treadmill is designed for running or walking? The two main things to look at are top speed and deck length.
Clearly, a treadmill designed for running needs a higher top speed. If you plan to use your treadmill for running, be sure and make note of the top speed of the treadmill you want.
Keep in mind, the average walking speed is about 3 miles per hour, give or take.
Speeds around 5 or 7 miles per hour are considered jogging, while running is above 7 miles per hour, generally.
If you are an avid runner or you want to include some intervals and sprints in your workouts, you’ll need a treadmill with a top speed of 12 mph or more.
If you want to both walk and run, choose a treadmill that has a maximum speed around 7 mph as opposed to 12.
If you plan to run on your treadmill look for a deck that is at least 50 inches long.
This is especially important if you are tall, have long legs or a long stride.
Don’t short yourself!
Some compact treadmills under 50” inches may be great for walking, but simply are not safe for running because the deck is too short.
Interested in more treadmills for walking? We have a list of the best treadmills for walking to save you time.
I’m not going go into this in too much detail here, because, well, it’s complicated.
But, horsepower is only one indication of how well the motor will drive your treadmill. Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as ‘more is better’. The quality of your motor parts, whether it is AC or DC, and other things such as Torque, all combine to decide how well a motor performs at different speeds and for how long.
Furthermore, while some models list maximum horsepower, others list continuous duty horsepower which is a different metric.
With treadmills, it really is a case of ‘you get what you pay for’. A $1000 machine is going to have a better motor than a $500 machine, regardless of horsepower.
Max User Weight
All treadmills are rated for maximum user weight so consider that before making your choice.
The maximum user weight varies from 220 lbs to 425 lbs. So, be sure to make a note of the max user weight of your chosen treadmill before deciding.
There are two factors to consider when thinking about incline.
1st How high is the incline?
This will determine the challenge and muscle engagement of the glutes in particular. Even a treadmill moving at a slow speed can give you an intense workout with a higher incline.
2nd How does the incline operate?
The easiest incline to operate is automatic, or electric. It can be done while you’re using the treadmill via buttons on the control panel. Usually, this feature is on more expensive models.
The alternative to automatic is manual. With a manual incline treadmill, you adjust the incline by hand, usually at the base or near the feet of the treadmill. With a manual incline treadmill you need to stop and get off the treadmill to adjust the incline.
Interested in treadmills specifically for their incline? We have a list of the best incline treadmills right here.
How Compact do You Need the Treadmill to be?
This really has to do with how much space you have and where you plan to store the treadmill.
Some treadmills fold down completely flat. Others have a deck that folds up to a completely vertical position. Some treadmills have a deck that folds up at an angle saving just a few feet of floor space, while the ultra-compact models might fit in a closet or even under the bed.
Only you know exactly what you need, just be aware that not all folding treadmills are alike, some are more compact than others.
If you’re interested in more space-saving tips, have a read of our guide to the best compact home gym.
Alternatively, maybe you’ve decided you’d prefer to sacrifice some space in favor of a sturdier option? If that’s the case, have a read of our guide to the best treadmills, non-folding and all.
Do you want pre-programmed workouts? Music? A fan? Only you’ll know how important these extra features are to you and how much you’re willing to pay to get them in a good quality package.
It’s worth remembering that most home treadmills are only designed to be used for around an hour a day. More than this might shorten their lives.
And, treadmills need maintenance, mainly lubrication. If you don’t lubricate your treadmill regularly, you’ll shorten its life. So, be sure to read the instruction manual carefully and treat your treadmill like a big electronic pet that needs regular attention!
That wraps up our reviews of the best folding treadmill for 2022. Be sure to check back as we update the list when new models are released.
Better yet, why not sign up for the newsletter and get notified when updates, new content, and fresh reviews are released?
All we need is your email address and we will notify you periodically.