There are many ways to build a strong upper body. A good exercise is the one which is performed properly. You may have troubles doing pull-ups, but when you choose the best pull up assist bands, this problem becomes a history.
Do you really think a beginner doesn’t want to pump his muscles like an advanced practitioner?
Everybody should get a chance to defy gravity!
If you are coaching women, the best resistance bands for pull-ups are a must in your equipment repertoire! Not only will you make training sessions more interesting but your women will be able to compete with men. They will not feel neglected!
A successful training session requires variety and motivation. A beginner will be demoralized when he sees there is no successful pull-up.
The best pull up assist bands should have one goal only – decreasing the difference between a Batman looking practitioner and a fatty who wants to go forward!
Stop pitying yourself!
Now everybody will be able to perform ten pull-ups and enjoy super strong upper body with a new ultimate weapon!
- Positive Sides
- What Are Pull Up Assist Bands?
- How To Use Pull Up Resistance Band Properly?
- What To Look For When You Choose The Best Pull Up Assist Bands?
- TOP 9 Best Pull Up Assist Bands 2019
- Freetoo Resistance & Pull Up Assist Bands
- WODFitters Pull Up Assistance Band
- Serious Steel Assisted Pull-Up Band
- Draper’s Strength Heavy Duty Pull Up Assist
- INTEY Pull Up Assist Band
- Synergee Pull Up Assist Bands
- MummyStrength Resistance Bands For Men & Women
- Iron Core Athletics Pull-Up Assistance Bands
- Functional Fitness Pull Up Assistance Resistance Band
There are many positive effects of pull up assist bands:
- You can perform CrossFit WOD with ease;
- There is no need to perform negative reps, jumping pull-ups, or half pull-ups through a mid-range movement;
- You can combine endurance, power, and explosiveness training sessions;
- You will be able to perform so many various types of pull-ups – archer, typewriter, scoping, one-handed, close grip, medium grip, wide grip, alternate grip, switch grip, plyometrics…
- You can boost your confidence;
- Upper body muscle training has never been easier, and you can target muscles more precisely;
- You will not squeeze your hands that much;
- You can use more than one pull up assist band to hit various angles;
- You may focus on the technique without the need to think whether you will go to the top;
- An ability to train core, lower back muscles, and legs – the best pull up assist bands can be used to improve the difficulty of exercises for your abdominals, lateral abdominals, hip flexors, bench presses, or even adductor muscles;
- You can improve stretching and mobility;
- Aerobic conditioning and speed training is one more great benefit;
- CrossFit sessions may become more interesting;
- You can perform advanced positions (front lever, for example) with ease;
- As a final option, you can hold an elite athlete who runs and makes his strength and conditioning training sessions interesting like never before.
What Are Pull Up Assist Bands?
These are large resistance bands, which are set around the horizontal bar, hanging down. It enables you to place foot or knee, and the primary purpose is to load your bodyweight. It opposes the force of gravity, launching you in the air.
The pull-up assist band will provide you help in the starting phase of the pull-up. Many practitioners go slightly up and their muscles simply don’t listen to their brain anymore. Final or starting phase, you will go to the top once you initiated the pull!
If the band stretches more, it also means more force will be expended in the opposite direction. As you get near the pull-up bar, the resistance decreases.
How To Use Pull Up Resistance Band Properly?
After you have purchased the best pull up bands for your gym or individual training sessions, you will notice the use is easier than ever:
- Bend the tape around the pull-up bar – wrap one end around the free part which hangs;
- Grab the end of the band, pull it down, and place your foot, knee, or both feet into the loop;
- If you are a beginner, assume middle or wide grip position for more balance.
- Pull yourself up and try to get over the top of the pull-up bar. Don’t swing or jerk, go slowly, contracting the muscles of your upper back.
- Return to the starting position slowly and repeat.
- Continue until the remainder of the set.
What To Look For When You Choose The Best Pull Up Assist Bands?
The offer on the market is huge and you need to know which qualities are the most important ones before making a wrong choice.
Remember, every seller will try to persuade you his product is the best!
The manufacturers mostly code their resistance bands with colors, so the buyer can choose easier between the best pull up assist bands they offer. Colors usually vary among manufacturers.
Thickness and Length
Thicker resistance band means the load capacity is bigger. The shorter band also means more resistance and better load capacity.
Long and narrow resistance bands don’t have high capacity.
It can vary from 2 lbs to more than 200 lbs. The smaller ones are better for strength and conditioning, while more load is great for weightlifters and bodybuilders.
The resistance bands are usually made of latex or rubber. The high-quality rubber is mostly qualified as a great choice. If you purchase a latex one, check whether it’s free from latex allergens.
Price and Training Requirements
These two components are highly related.
The lighter and longer ones cost less money, while the thicker and shorter are more expensive. You need to determine your training session goals in the first place.
TOP 9 Best Pull Up Assist Bands 2019
The best pull up assist bands should be multifunctional, easy to use, mobile, and durable. Other modifications strictly depend on your training session goals and requirements.
There is no need to be a super pro any more to perform pull-ups, or even harder exercises on the horizontal bar. With the best resistance bands for pull-ups, even the complete newbies can control their own bodies like a gymnast or calisthenics expert!
Follow our guide and purchase the best product for yourself. Patience is the key – you will see that your body becomes stronger. In a short period of time, you will be working a few pull-ups without assistance, and you will notice other improvements!
Write us a comment. Are you looking for mobility, pull-up assistance, flexibility, weightlifting, strength training, or something else in a pull up assist bands? What is your choice and why?