Do you really need a stretch machine in your home gym?
Do you need to?
- Relieve lower back pain, sciatica pain or other back problems in order to avoid surgery
- Increase your range of motion for dance, martial arts, gymnastics, weightlifting or more
- Preserve a healthy body and remain active regardless of age
- Maintain healthy joints to easily perform every day exercises and continue your gym routine
If you answered yes to any of these then a stretch machine may be the perfect addition to your home gym.
Now the only question left is ‘how do I find the best stretching equipment’?
|Teeter EP-560 Ltd. FDA-Cleared Inversion Table|
|Innova ITX9600 Heavy Duty Inversion Table|
|Kettler APOLLO Gravity Inversion Therapy Table|
|Stamina In Line Back Stretch Bench|
|Nitrofit Limber Pro Stretch Machine|
There are several types of stretching machines out there, each with their own specialty.
We will show you how each type can benefit you, give you reviews of the best stretching equipment, and show you what to look for before deciding.
Plus, we offer our top 5 tips for using this type of equipment.
- Why Stretching Machines are Important?
- What are Stretching Machines Good for and Why You Need One in Your Home Gym!
- 4 Types of Stretch Machines
- TOP 9 Best Stretching Equipment 2021
- What to Keep in Mind when Choosing the Best Stretching Equipment
- Top 5 Pieces of Advice for using Stretching Machines
Why Stretching Machines are Important?
Stretch machines offer the athlete guidance and assistance that can not be found by stretching on your own.
It is nearly impossible to stretch your multifidus, the muscle that holds together and stabilizes the spine, on your own. You need a machine with enough pulling tension to stretch this muscle.
Some machines can allow you to easily, quickly and accurately hit all major muscle groups, making your workout routine more efficient and effective.
Stretch machines are an excellent tool in any athletes arsenal.
What are Stretching Machines Good for and Why You Need One in Your Home Gym!
Back pain is probably the number one reason folks invest in stretching machines.
Stretching the back in the right way, with the right equipment helps alleviate pain.
The best exercise machine for back pain can help the back pain sufferer reduce reliance on medication and painkillers and help them become active again.
Some even find that consistent stretching of the back using the right machine, helped them with pain as much as a trip to the chiropractor.
Some stretch machine users said they maintained a commercial gym membership, just to drive 15 minutes to the gym and use their stretch machine to get relief.
A stretch machine for the home gyms is a wise investment.
You may save of fees to visit the chiropractors table, drop a costly gym membership and maintain a healthy body and joints.
4 Types of Stretch Machines
Inversion tables are used for stretching or decompressing the lumbar spine in order to alleviate, lower or manage low and mid back pain. These machines use your body weight to cause traction and stretch the spine.
Horizontal Back Decompression In Line Back Stretch Machines
These back stretch machines allow you to lie horizontally, just like you would at the Chiropractors.
They stretch the spine by hooking in your ankles, or placing a harness around your hips, and then moving your back up, stretching the entire spine. This type of machine is the best stretching machine for the back.
There is one version of in line back stretch machine that offers more pulling tension than an inversion machine, much like a professional table would.
Full Body Stretch Machines
These are the type of machine you will find in a commercial gym. They allow you to stretch all major muscle groups, including the back.
They are used to build flexibility and range of motion. These machines are universal, all-purpose equipment and are a good fit for all types of athletes of any age.
They are very popular and make an excellent addition to a home gym because they are versatile and hit all muscle groups.
Leg stretchers focus on the hamstring, the set of three muscles that run down the back of the leg. This machine helps stretch the muscles and tendons involved with ‘doing the splits’ or doing high kicks.
These machines are prized by martial artists, dancers, gymnasts and even weight lifters and CrossFitters.
TOP 9 Best Stretching Equipment 2021
Inversion Table – Back stretching machine
Horizontal In line Stretcher – Back Stretching Machines
Best stretching machines
Best leg stretcher
What to Keep in Mind when Choosing the Best Stretching Equipment
- Space – Make sure you have room for the equipment. Some machines fold up or have removable pieces that make storage easier. Envision the pieces of equipment in the space you have and measure the space, comparing it to the equipment footprint.
- Easy assembly – a machine that comes assembled, or includes the tools needed, and clear instructions is ideal. You should also check to see if you need more than one person to assemble the equipment.
- Stretch control – Machines that use a wheel or other form of gradual stretch are superior to those that use incremental stretch.
Top 5 Pieces of Advice for using Stretching Machines
1. You must be able to relax your muscles to use these machines.
If you are having trouble relaxing the back muscles because they are so tight, try placing a heating pad on the bench first. Once you feel your muscles relax start off with a small stretch.
2. When using an inversion table, start with 15 to 30 second increments and work up from there.
Too much time in an inverted position can cause headaches, nausea and other ill effects. Many doctors advise a maximum of 2 minutes.
3. Use the machine consistently.
Remember, the behavior that leads to tight muscles or sore backs is likely done consistently or something you do every day, like sitting at a desk for 8 hours.
Likewise, your stretch routine also needs to be done consistently to counteract the effects and keep you pain free.
4. Always warm up before stretching.
5. Make stretching a part of your workout routine and use the stretching machine each time you work out.
Some of the flexibility and range of motion you gain by stretching can be lost in as little as a few days, and much of it can be lost if you do not stretch for a few weeks
Don’t wait, Stretch yourself and get the best stretching equipment for your home gym today.
- 20 Best Fitness Trackers Under $50 - March 9, 2021
- 15 Best Massage Guns – November 2020 Review & Buyers Guide - November 22, 2020
- 10 Best Pilates Balls 2021 - November 17, 2020