TOP 15 Best Jump Ropes for Workouts, CrossFit and Boxing Reviewed 2023
They aren’t just for double Dutch anymore.
The mighty jump rope is making a comeback in the fitness world.
OK, it never actually left. Boxers have been skipping rope for a long time, refining their footwork and coordination.
The CrossFit WOD frequently includes some jump rope footwork and a simple rope makes for a quick and simple “cardio day” workout.
There are many types of ropes to choose from and it may be hard to decide on the best jump rope for workouts or WODs.
Don’t worry, we have you covered.
Here we review the different style ropes, offer reviews for 15 of the best kinds of jump rope for working out, and go over what you should keep in mind when choosing a jump rope.
- TOP 15 Best Jump Ropes for Workouts & WODs 2023
- Rogue Speed Rope - Best Budget Priced Speed Rope
- WOD Nation Speed Jump Rope - Best for Home or Garage Gym
- CPOKOH Speed Jump Rope - Lightest Speed Rope
- Speed Jump Rope by 5Billion Fitness - Great for Boxing
- King Athletic Jump Rope - Best Leather Jump Rope
- Survival and Cross Beaded Jump Rope - Ideal for Beginners
- RopeFit Heavy Jump Rope - Good for Building Upper Body
- Cross Rope Kit - Perfect for Working Out at Home
- FitSkuad Speed Rope - Good Budget Priced Rope
- Mybrosport Speed Rope - Ideal for Travel
- RX Smart Gear Jump Rope - Perfect for a Quick at Home Workout
- Rogue Froning SR-1F Speed Rope - Best for Extreme Speed
- Rogue Thai-Style Jump Rope 2.0 - Best for Martial Artists
- Buddy Lee Aero Speed - Most Durable & Consistent
- Rogue SR-3 Beaded Speed Rope - Best for Beginners
- The Humble Jump Rope
- What is the Purpose of the Jump Rope?
- Different Jump Rope Styles! When to Use Each?
- What to Look for When Choosing the Best Jump Rope for Workouts
- Jump Rope Workout Routines You Can Try Today
- Your Jump Rope Questions Answered
- So Step to it!
TOP 15 Best Jump Ropes for Workouts & WODs 2023
Hint* The best jump rope for CrossFit is either speed ropes or lighter nylon ropes. Avoid heavy ropes that make double unders challenging.
Rogue Speed Rope - Best Budget Priced Speed Rope
Review: A reasonably priced ,coated cable speed rope with an adjustable length.
- Adjusts up to 10 feet using a common hex key.
- Cable is coated.
- Small 5” all plastic handles, although they are durable.
A value priced introduction into the world of speed ropes and double unders.
WOD Nation Speed Jump Rope - Best for Home or Garage Gym
- Cut Seconds or Even Minutes Off Your WOD Times : This jump rope is not only fast but also creates a very stable rope swing so you can easily recover from inaccurate swings
- Stop Doing Singles When Everyone Else is Doing Doubles : After customizing this speed jump rope with a quick snip of a wire cutter you will be on your way to stringing together multiple double unders
- Get In The Best Shape Of Your Life : We designed this speed rope to not only spin fast but last a long time. If used regularly you will be in the best shape of your life!
- Great For At-Home Workouts Too : This rope is really all you ned to stay fit and healthy when working out at home.
- For Use On Smooth Surfaces Only : Like all steel cable jump ropes, this rope should only be used on a smooth gym surface. Do not use on cement or asphalt as the rough surface will destroy the coating on the cable.
Review: This sonic speed jump rope is designed to shave time from any WOD calling for a jump rope.
It features sturdy metal connectors, a thin, coated, adjustable wire cable and can be adjusted using just a screwdriver
- 75” long handle with metal ball bearings.
- 11 foot adjustable 2.5mm coated wire cable.
- Extra cable and carry bag included.
- Neither the cable nor the handles have a lot of heft to them.
Worth the extra price, a high performance WOD rope. Easily among the best CrossFit jump ropes.
CPOKOH Speed Jump Rope - Lightest Speed Rope
- ❶ FORGED ALUMINUM HANDLES- This isn't your ordinary jump rope! The unique handle design (cord come out perpendicular to the handles) and steel cord covered with durable, long-wear plastic allows for smooth, rapid rotations .
- ❷ 360° SWIVEL BALL BEARING DESIGN- 360° Universal Balls Upgrade Version, the jump rope can be rotated 360 degrees.The skipping rope don't need any installation. Seven balls design and comfortable Grip, activities more smoothly and spin quickly .
- ❸ ADJUSTABLE JUMP ROPE CABLE-The high speed jump rope is made of high strength wire rope wrapped by PU coating. It is extremely durable and save you skin from lots of pain .
- ❹ PORTABLE - The weighted jump rope with a bag. It's a workout tool for anyone traveling, or anyone who spends a lot of time on the road .
- ❺ EASILY ADJUSTABLE - The length of rope skipping is 9.8 feet. You can adjust it to your desired length easily. Appropriate for all men, women,kids and for any calorie burning workout program .
Review: This speed rope has all aluminum handles, a replacement rope and carry bag included, and a 9’8” adjustable coated cable.
- Ball bearings built into the handle.
- Perpendicular design makes jumping a breeze.
- 16 centimeter all aluminum handles are sturdy and do not slip when wet.
- The loop design at the end of the handle adds friction.
Sturdy, smooth and sweat proof CrossFit Jump rope.
Speed Jump Rope by 5Billion Fitness - Great for Boxing
- ✮Ergonomic Non-slip Handles✮- The Jump rope has a handle with grooves in it for your thumb and index finger to rest, which makes grip comfortable. The sweatband allows you hold your rope without concern about it slipping down.
- ✮Easily Adjustable✮- This Exercise Training Rope comes with a fully adjustable 10 ft long cable. Appropriate for all ages and for any calorie- burning workout program.
- ✮Hit Double Unders✮- Pro Ball Bearings and ergonomic handles help you keep a high momentum and reach extreme speeds up to 320 jumps per minute. Professional for MMA Training, Mastering Double Under Bodybuilding, Boxing, Cardio Exercises, Personal Training Equipment.
- ✮Easy To Carry✮- The jump rope is perfect for Home Gym and Outdoor Workouts. It's a workout tool for anyone traveling, or anyone who spends a lot of time on the road.
- ✮High Quality Construction✮- Nature Handle Jump Rope ( 10 ft long, 0.14 inch in diameter ) + Extra Cable( 10 ft long, 0.14 inch in diameter ) + Anti-abrasion Tube + Free Carry Bag
Review: This speed rope by 5Billion features thick non slip handles wrapped in grip tape.
It has an adjustable coated wire jump rope and ball bearings built in to the handle.
- Two different gauge cables and travel bag included.
- Includes instructions on how to adjust the rope.
- Thick non slip handles.
- Adjusts easily with a screw at the end of the handle.
- Some users feel the cable and handles are too light.
Get a handle on your jump rope routine with this thick grip speed rope. The best jump rope for boxing!
King Athletic Jump Rope - Best Leather Jump Rope
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST - Custom molded foam grips come with super-speed ball bearings that ensures smooth, effortless and even rotation. Made from 100% GENUINE LEATHER, this skip rope is built to withstand HEAVY-DUTY use.
- ✅ **DUAL E-BOOK PACK** (usually $36) - Get 2 e-books which outline a number of great techniques for taking your workouts and nutrition to the next level!
- ✅ EXCEEEDS EXPECTATIONS - This jump rope will help you build endurance, stamina and speed while improving your muscle tone throughout your entire body! It is a classic favorite amongst boxers, MMA, and cross training enthusiasts.
- ✅ ADJUSTABLE LENGTH - Enjoy the option to adjust the rope easily to your desired length. It takes less than 5 minutes! The standard rope is 9'4" in length and designed for individuals as tall as 6'10". This is a great rope to take when traveling or to the gym as it fits easily into your bag without taking up space or kinking up.
Review: This classic leather jump rope is a good fit for the boxer because it is made with durable real leather, has ball bearings incorporated into the handle, and can be used in all climates and conditions and is among the best jump rope for cardio.
This leather Jump rope is one of the best jump rope for boxing because the extra work it takes to get it rotating make a great shoulder workout.
- 9’4” rope is adjustable to fit most heights.
- Real leather is extremely durable and can withstand most climates and gym conditions.
- Foam rubber handles offer good grip and incorporate ball bearings for quick rotation.
- Not as fast as a speed rope.
A classic style rope, perfect for the timeless sport of boxing.
Survival and Cross Beaded Jump Rope - Ideal for Beginners
- ADJUSTABLE - 10 ft of nylon rope that fits all sizes because you can cut it to your height. We email you an instructional jump rope PDF that includes a tutorial video on how to size your segmented rope!
- CONVENIENT AND LIGHTWEIGHT - Perfect for men, women, gym, school, and home workouts to quickly get your heart rate up for a great cardio session or full body toning!
- DURABLE - Flashy and shatterproof 1 inch plastic segments covering long lasting braided nylon cord makes it so you can dominate your jump rope routine - Fast
- EFFECTIVE - Ergonomic handle grip and weighted plastic segments helps you to experience smooth consistent rotations everytime!
Review: This bead style jump rope has a heft and tactile feel that allows the beginner to feel where the rope is at as they perfect their coordination.
It may not be as fast as a speed rope, but it is a great rope for training and muscle memory.
- Adjustable nylon rope extends to 10 feet.
- Ergonomic grip handle has a fat, capped end.
- Jump rope has a good weight and heft.
- Challenging to adjust, must uncap the handle and untie the end knot.
A sharp looking beaded jump rope to cut your teeth on while you perfect your coordination.
RopeFit Heavy Jump Rope - Good for Building Upper Body
- Hand crafted in the USA
- Hand crafted in the USA
- Hand crafted in the USA
- Made with the highest quality, rugged, poly dacron rope, but soft exterior so won't damage gym mats like cable
- Heaviest Ropes Available.1.5x9 = 4lbs 1.5x10 = 5lbs.2x9 = 7lbs.2x10 = 8lbs
Review: This Rope Fit heavy weighted jump rope is made from thick 1.5” gauge rope available in 9 foot and 10 foot length, will give you a serious arm and cardio workout.
- 9 foot rope weighs 4 lbs.
- 10 foot rope weighs 5 lbs.
- Rubber coating grips over the end for durability and comfort.
- The handles, or lack thereof, need improvement to prevent blisters.
Burn more calories and strengthen your arms with this specialty weighted rope.
Cross Rope Kit - Perfect for Working Out at Home
- GET STRONGER, LOOK FITTER, FEEL MORE POWERFUL! - Take your best jump towards incredible fitness with the highest quality jump rope on the market, built for every training need. Speed rope and high intensity training? Yep - use our lightweight Agility rope. Power strength and endurance workouts? You got it - just quickly clip on the heavyweight Intensity rope. Both ropes are included in this Crossrope Starter Set, with more ropes available in other sets.
- LEARN TO JUMP ROPE QUICKLY, OR BUILD ON YOUR SKILLS - Our unique weighted ropes make it easier for beginners to learn fast, and for experienced jumpers to get better and stronger more quickly. Weighted jump rope exercise can burn fat and boost endurance, muscle definition, strength and body conditioning - all while enhancing coordination and agility. Whatever your experience level with skipping rope, Crossrope will give you as much workout as you can handle!
- PATENTED CLIP SYSTEM, HIGHEST QUALITY BALL BEARINGS - No one else has the quick-change weighted jump rope system offered by Crossrope. Switch in seconds between speed rope training and heavy jump rope training, staying smooth all the way with spinning ball bearing handles that will go as fast as you can possibly jump! Top quality bearings control rope rotation at the correct speed to protect your joints and prevent any rope tangles!
- TRAIN LIKE A WARRIOR, ANYWHERE - Crossrope is your portable gym, offering a versatile workout no matter where you are, at whatever intensity level you need! With just two ropes, you can quickly and easily mix up training between light and speedy or heavy and powerful, with every option in between. Our durable PVC-coated, wire core ropes can be used on any surface - indoors or outdoors. Crossrope is perfect for home or travel!
- LET US GUIDE AND INSPIRE YOU TO NEW HEIGHTS - The Crossrope Starter Set includes our “Jump Without Limits” quick reference guide, packed with tips and techniques from experts. We also share numerous tried-and-true jump rope workouts - from novice, to full body training, to freestyle challenges. Create a fun new exercise regimen, get in the best shape of your life, and show the world your fancy footwork!
Review: This jump rope set includes a lighter speed rope and a weighted rope, making it easy to switch up and add variety on Cardio day.
- Includes speed rope and weighted 1 lb rope.
- Ball bearings built into handles.
- Exchange ropes quickly and easily with a simple clip.
- Durable PVC coating on each rope.
- Cannot adjust the length (order by size, based on your height).
A sensible 1 pound introduction to a weighted rope, plus a speed rope for a well-rounded cardio routine.
FitSkuad Speed Rope - Good Budget Priced Rope
- Get a Jump Rope Workout that you can Always Trust- While other speed jump ropes are poorly designed with cheap plastic handles that break way too fast, impossible to adjust cables and difficult and slow spinning, Fitskuad speed rope features unique comfortable handles, light, but sturdy, together with a fully adjustable PVC coated cable, making it the best addition to any workout gear. We designed the MOST COMPACT adjustable jump rope for your unique needs. See the Difference Yourself
- We Want to Improve your WOD– Your life will be MUCH EASIER if you can have a smooth, quiet and durable rope skipping, with an efficient ball-bearing rotational system, plus extra long handles, while having your energy level and physique improved. That's why the Fitskuad Cross Rope is made of ALUMINUM with Foam Grip to ensure extra-durability while keeping it LIGHTWEIGHT. It comes with portable bag that can easily FIT in your GYM BAG without bulking. – Fantastic Upgrade from Basic Skipping Rope
- Great Choice for Advanced & Beginners- The Fitskuad Fitness Jump Rope is suitable for anyone from kids looking to play and have fun, adults wanting to update their usual fitness routine, or Professional Boxing Players and Cross Trainers wanting to master Single, Double or even Triple Unders! Try this crossfit jump rope to add some high intensity cardio to your workout, increase your speed, improve your skill level and work on your coordination. Your Priorities are Important
- You are entering a Stress Free Zone- If you're tired of untangling cables, you'll love our double under jump rope. We wanted our workout jump ropes to be as EASY AS POSSIBLE to use & maintain, with 6'' aluminum handles with good grip and smooth swiveling heads, 2x 10 ft cables with spare screws making it last for a lifetime, carrying bag that packs up extremely well, plus a BONUS E-book with Instructions on How to Adjust the length and how to Learn & Master Double Unders. Strive for Progress
- You Deserve the Best- We pride ourselves on providing only HEAVY DUTY & Minimalistic products with LIFETIME Warranty and amazing UNITED STATES based customer support. We designed the ALL-IN-ONE Speed Rope Crossfit with love for details & comfort to offer the most efficient way of improving your fitness level without paying an extreme price. Add to cart our 2021 Compact Speed Jump Rope for Fitness and if you aren’t 110% happy, we’ll provide you with a Full Refund.
Review: This coated cable speed rope features aluminum handles with 6” rubber grips. The grips will not lose their hold even if your palms sweat.
This is my choice for best jump rope for women because it is completely adjustable and the handles are not too fat for a woman’s hands.
- Aluminum handles with rubber foam grip.
- 10 foot long cable adjusts to fit you with easy screw adjustment hardware.
- Includes replacement rope and travel carry bag.
- Some users notice the adjustment screws can work themselves loose.
The best speed rope with the best handles-hands down.
Mybrosport Speed Rope - Ideal for Travel
Review: The MyBrosport speed rope has metal hardware that connects the handles to the rope, not cheap plastic connections like inferior models in the same price range.
- Quality speed rope at a great price.
- Speed bearings built into the long, ergonomically shaped handles.
- Extra cable and carry bag included.
- Easy Philips head screw adjustment, PLUS 11 foot length.
- Handles are very light.
The best speed rope – High Speed for a low budget.
RX Smart Gear Jump Rope - Perfect for a Quick at Home Workout
- FRICTIONLESS ROTATION. The Original Rx Jump Rope has a patented industrial grade swivel axis bearing system that allows for the cable to reach top speeds or slow it down to suit each individual athlete’s tempo and timing
- ERGONOMICALLY CONTOURED HANDLES. Hand wrapped with the most absorbent tape grip, the handles are 6 inchs long and 1 inch in diameter allowing the athlete to maintain the most natural and relaxed grip. This reduces fatigue commonly experienced in the forearms and shoulders
- CONTOURED PINCH POINTS. Allows the athlete to gain pinpoint accuracy to maintain optimal rope shape while still allowing for a firm but mitigated grip. Stay steady even when sweaty!
- AIRCRAFT STANDARD CABLE. The 3.4 oz Trans Black Cable Buff is the ideal cable weight to develop good timing. Lets the athlete find just the right resistance amount to match their individual tempo and coordination level, forcing adaptation wether beginner or pro
- MADE IN THE USA. Rx Smart Gear is a global leader in jump rope design, manufacturing and training methodology with 3 patented, award-winning jump ropes. We are proud of our garage roots in El Cajon, California.
Review: This speed rope is designed for speed with no friction, tightness or rubbing in the rotation. Includes thick 6 inch handles and excellent grip.
- 9 foot cable.
- Thick grip tape wrapped ergonomic handles.
- Frictionless axis swivel offers extreme speed.
- Cable not adjustable.
Super speed rope with meaty handles.
Rogue Froning SR-1F Speed Rope - Best for Extreme Speed
Review: This top of the line speed rope by Rogue features a cable that will not retain a coil shape even after being stowed away a while, has lightning speed cartridge ball bearings, and 6.5” long tapered no slip handles to allow you to bang out those double unders in record speed.
This Rich Froning Speed Rope is my choice for the best CrossFit jump rope for double unders.
- High Precision Bearings.
- Unbeatable Speed.
- Superior quality TPE No slip handles.
- Screws may come loose – check before use.
Best CrossFit speed rope available
Rogue Thai-Style Jump Rope 2.0 - Best for Martial Artists
Review: Thai style jump ropes are heavier than traditional nylon ropes or speed ropes. The added weight gives a better cardio workout and provides a light strength boost too.
This style rope is used by Muay Thai practitioners and you should use caution, this rope WILL hurt if you smack yourself with it.
- Adjustable using an easy snap lock system.
- Added shoulder workout.
- Heavy weight PVC rope.
- Hurts like heck when you miss and hit your toes.
Best Thai style rope available, a special treat to use.
Buddy Lee Aero Speed - Most Durable & Consistent
Review: This medium weight coated speed rope rotates smooth and consistently due to the swivel bearing system built into the all-aluminum handles.
The max speed of this rope is between 5 and 6 turns per second for high-intensity training.
- Stainless steel PVC coated cable.
- 6” long aluminum handles with foam rubber handles.
- Replaceable swivel bearings make this rope a good investment.
- Not Adjustable – order by height.
The most smooth, consistent turn you can get.
Rogue SR-3 Beaded Speed Rope - Best for Beginners
Review: This beaded version of the SR-3 has the same high quality bearing system as the SR-3, with user friendly, toe and knee saving beads instead of a cutting wire speed rope.
Bead jump ropes are designed with the beginner in mind. They move slower, but hurt less when you fail, and allow you to practice coordination with less trepidation.
- The highest quality beaded rope.
- Pro level bearing and handles.
- The weight allows an athlete to feel where the rope is in order to improve coordination.
- Screws have been known to come loose – check before use.
This is not a toy rope, this is a high quality piece of training equipment for the beginner.
The Humble Jump Rope
You may associate the jump rope with play grounds and Elementary school children, but they are really an excellent fitness tool for adults and kids alike!
The jump rope offers:
- Unlimited variability of steps & footwork, increasing user agility, coordination and balance.
- Completely portable & easy to carry, NO excuses cardio workout.
- Improved endurance and cardiovascular capacity.
- Can be performed just about anywhere.
What is the Purpose of the Jump Rope?
The purpose of the best jump rope for cardio is:
- Give a great cardio workout.
- Improve performance, balance, footwork, speed and agility.
- To be FUN.
Different Jump Rope Styles! When to Use Each?
These plastic beaded jump ropes are heavier and often very colorful.
They are good for beginners better because they have superior tactile sensation to feel where the rope is at.
This inexpensive style rope is often seen at the gym or box and is decent for Double unders or alternating leg work.
The thin nylon rope is appropriate for Intermediate to advanced level jumpers.
The Nylon rope is the best jump rope for double unders.
With this type of rope, the rope runs thru the handle and spins, this is a very thin wire rope that is very fast.
You cannot see nor feel the rope while spinning-unless it hits you. Ouch!
The best speed rope is for intermediate to advanced users and causes the jumper to rely on coordination.
The best CrossFit skipping rope is the speed rope, and this is the style you most often see at the box.
Cotton or Fabric Jump Rope
These ropes are soft and better for kids than sports. They are slow, making double unders and other moves challenging.
True cotton ropes cannot be used in wet conditions, tend to fray, and become dirty quickly.
Leather Jump Rope
This is a classic style of jump rope. It used to be popular with boxers, but has been replaced by nylon or speed ropes.
The leather jump rope can be used in all climates, is water resistant, and durable.
Plus, the leather rope has an old school vibe and looks cool.
It may not be the most popular style today, but the leather rope is functional and useful. If you ask some old school boxers, you may hear them say the leather jump rope is the best jump rope for boxing.
HEAVY Jump Rope
This is a specialty rope that can be a weighted nylon rope, or a heavy gauge nylon cord rope. They add a jolt to any cardio routine, due to the extra weight.
They are appropriate for intermediate to advanced athletes and make a good addition to home gyms because they are an inexpensive way to add challenge and variety to a routine.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Jump Rope for Workouts
Make sure you find a rope that is comfortable in your hand. Some prefer skinny handles, and some like the thicker meatier handles.
One thing folks universally dislike is handles that are too short. A handle less than 5” long is too short for most adults.
Lighter ropes are usually faster, with the exception being cloth ropes. Cloth ropes can be light and slow, and are not the best choice for fitness use.
Some ropes are designed to be heavy or weighted to offer an upper body and cardio workout simultaneously.
Jump Rope Workout Routines You Can Try Today
Short on time? No Excuses! You cannot say you have no time for this short 10 minute workout.
This jump rope routine includes a warm up, cool down and a little body weight strength training for muscle definition.
Looking to switch things up?
Never get bored using the jump rope with these 75 Jump Rope Exercises to Burn Fat and Get Fit.
Add some novelty to your jump rope routine with these 75 different jump rope moves to choose from. This video provides one of the best jump rope workouts.
Plus this video includes short snippets of the jump in slow motion, so you can see the detail and perfect your move.
Using the jump rope to improve your boxing footwork?
Check out this video – How to Jump Rope for Better Boxing: A Beginners Guide.
Learn the moves that pro boxers use, and why they use the jump rope to improve their performance in the ring. Improve your reaction time, reflexes and learn how to move quickly.
Your Jump Rope Questions Answered
Is speed rope good for weight loss?
Yes, The Speed rope is a great calorie burner. It is easy to get your Max VO2 up and heart pumping using a jump rope, and the more intense your session, the longer the after effects last.
Keep in mind, weight loss is 20 % exercise and 80 % diet. Unless you focus on what you eat in-between jumping rope, you may not get the results you want.
Jeremy Sciarappa shares on his blog how he used just a jump rope to lose his belly and 10 lbs of fat in just 10 weeks. Pretty amazing, right?
What are the benefits of jumping rope?
Jumping rope gives your body and mind many benefits. The jump rope is a simple, inexpensive easy health promoting tool you can take with you just about anywhere.
The benefits of skipping rope include:
- Improving coordination, agility and speed.
- Burns calories.
- You can easily customize the intensity of the workout.
- The jump rope makes an excellent piece of travel workout equipment.
- Is really inexpensive.
How do I learn to do Double Unders?
From Single-unders to Double-unders with Matt Lodin
Did you Know that CrossFit Coaches can take Certification class to teach how to Jump Rope, including how to do double unders?
Here are some tips for mastering the Double Under:
- Start with a heavier rope, maybe even a beaded rope. A beaded rope hurts less when you miss, but the biggest benefit is you can feel where it is in space, and that helps you improve your timing.
- Slow down. It is counter intuitive, but slowing down allows you to focus on keeping your elbows in and jumping higher.
- Jump in front of a mirror. The mirror gives you a visual on the rope position so you can see where it is as you learn coordination and establish muscle memory for the double under jump.
How long should my jump rope workout last?
Great question! Jumping rope is an intense workout so it does not need to last long to have a big effect.
Just 20 minutes 3 to 4 times a week is a good goal to shoot for.
Each “set” should last 2 to 4 minutes. With a minute rest between each set.
What are the benefits of using a heavy jump rope?
A heavy jump rope is one that weighs a pound or sometimes more. It is best to start with a smaller weight and work up.
A heavy jump rope engages more muscles and gives you a cardio and strength workout at the same time.
A heavy rope works all the muscles a normal rope does, plus it works the triceps, shoulders, forearms and back.
What is the best way to store a jump rope?
Jump ropes can get tangled, kinked, misshapen and even lose their coating if they are not stored properly.
Do not leave it on the floor where it can get stepped on. This can kink the rope and cause the coating to come off.
Look for a jump rope that comes with a travel storage bag or find a cloth drawstring bag to store it in.
Why do Boxers Train with Jump Ropes?
Jumping rope is good for boxers and fighters. It builds coordination of your upper body and your lower body together.
If you are a boxer, you know you need to be able to throw punches and move your feet to get out of the way at the same time.
A simple nylon speed rope is the most common style used by boxers today.
So Step to it!
Choose the best Jump rope for CrossFit that meets your goals and jump on the opportunity to improve your cardio and agility today.
Don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter.
All we need is your email address and you with get access to exclusive content and guides, PLUS we will send a short email when new gear reviews are released.