TOP 14 Best Folding Exercise Bikes for Home Gym & Small Spaces 2023
Are you tight on space, money and time?
I get it! You really want to exercise. You keep telling yourself you should exercise. But right now, it just isn’t happening.
But who has the time to go to the gym? Not to mention expensive membership fees!
If you find yourself in this situation, take heart.
There is a solution!
A folding exercise bike, saves you from having to go to the gym, it folds up so it takes up very little space, and it is very affordable – we are talking the price of a one-month gym membership here.
OK, check out these 15 best folding exercise bikes here and see if you agree with me.
- TOP 15 Best Folding Exercise Bikes 2023
- Exerpeutic Gold 500 XLS Foldable Upright Bike
- Xspec Foldable Stationary Upright Exercise Bike
- Xterra Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike
- Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
- Pleny Foldable Upright Stationary Exercise Bike
- ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
- FitDesk Desk Folding Exercise Bike
- Marcy Folding Upright Exercise Bike
- Fitleader Small Folding Exercise Bike
- TechFit Folding Exercise Bike
- BulbHead Slim Cycle 2-in-1 Folding Stationary Bike
- Body Rider Folding Exercise Bike
- Ancheer Folding Exercise Bike
- Pexmor Foldable Exercise Bike
- Super Short Buying Guide to Folding Exercise Bikes
TOP 15 Best Folding Exercise Bikes 2023
Exerpeutic Gold 500 XLS Foldable Upright Bike
- Heavy duty and high durability steel frame construction with up to 400 pounds weight capacity. 20% more steel than the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike for more maximum performance.
- An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system for an easier or more challenging workout.
- Folds to 1/2 the size, so it is uniquely compact; Folded dimensions: 26.4" L X 24.8" W X 57.5" H
- Large comfortable seat cushion for people of any size, and easily adjustable to fit 5'1" to 6'5" user heights
- An easy to read large computer LCD display that indicates calories burned, distance, time, speed, scan, pulse and odometer. Please refer user manual attached below for instructions and troubleshooting steps.
Review: This gold edition Exerpeutic folding upright exercise bike is the top of the line folding bike. It can hold up to 400 lbs, much more than the competition, and more than other Exerpeutic models too!
It has 20 percent more steel than other models, which is why it’s so tough. It has 8 levels of magnetic resistance and an extra wide, comfy seat, which not all folding bikes have, sorry to say.
It also has a wide U shaped base so you feel secure, not like you are going to tip over.
- 400 lb weight capacity.
- Heavy duty model, uses more steel in the frame.
- Adjustable height for short and tall folks alike.
- The display is clunky.
A big and tall riders folding bike that will not break the bank.
Xspec Foldable Stationary Upright Exercise Bike
- The universal heavy-duty steel frame has 3 levels that can be adjusted with the pull of a knob to work comfortably for most people (max weight 265 lbs).
- Large ergonomic seat cushion provides max comfort. The vertically adjustable seat helps accommodate a wide variety body heights (height range 4'10"-5'9").
- Folds for storage and can moved with the included transportation wheels. The compact size makes it perfect for small condos or apartments.
- A 16-level magnetic tension control system allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easy to a more difficult workout.
- Easy to read LCD display keeps track of speed, time, distance, calories, and heart-rate (distance & speed are in mile & miles/hour). The counter-weighted pedals with adjustable cage foot straps and dual action anti-skid handle bars ensure your safety.
Review: Light and portable, quiet to use, what’s not to love? You can sit this bike in front of the TV, watch your favorite show and get your exercise all at the same time. It is a breeze to fold and stow away too!
This bike is accessible, great for short folks, with a wide comfy seat, and pedals you can reach!
- Very quiet and takes up very little space – really compact.
- Ideal for short folks.
- Wide well-padded seat.
- Beware: Limited to those under 5’9” and under 220 lbs.
Easily the best folding exercise bike for a short or petite person.
Xterra Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike
- Solid X-Frame Design Folds To Just 18.1" X 18.1" Of Floor Space When Not In Use
- Large Anatomically Designed Seat And Multi-Position Padded Handlebars Are Designed For Long-Lasting Comfort And Support
- 2" X 1" Lcd Window Clearly Displays Speed, Distance, Time, Calories, And Pulse
- Quickly Adjust Up To 8 Levels Of Resistance Using The Large Manual Dial Located Just Below The Console
- Monitor your heart rate with handlebar mounted hand-pulse sensors to help you stay in your target heart rate.
Review: The Xterra is a solid bike at a good price. It is sturdy, really light and easy to move, and perfect for riders who are under five feet 10 inches.
It is so quiet you can use it while you sit back and watch Netflix and squeeze a workout in.
The controls are built into the handles, and the plush seat is wide and comfy – not a pain in the buns like cheaper models.
- Easy to put together, and quiet to ride.
- Light, easy to fold and effortless to move.
- Ultra compact, takes up the same floor space as an exercise ball.
- Not for really tall riders, over 5’10” or over 240lbs.
A great folding bike for apartments and small spaces. Sturdy, quiet and compact.
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
- All LEVELS: An 8-level magnetic control system allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more challenging workout. This indoor bike has a 3-piece "high torque" cranking system for a smooth pedaling motion.
- THE FUTURE OF FITNESS: Add the MyCloud Fitness Cadence sensor (sold separately) to track your workouts effectively, stream motivating classes, and calculate your food calories. The future of connected fitness means you don't have to do it alone.
- EASY TO READ: A 3.5 W" x 1.5" H LCD screen allows you to see your distance, calories burned, time, and speed. The cycling bike has a 300 lb capacity, a hand pulse monitor, and larger pedals with safety straps to prevent foot slippage when exercising.
- DESIGNED FOR ALL SIZES: Our bike exercise machine can accommodate everyone from heights of 5'3" to 6'1". It has a large adjustable seat cushion, allowing you to sit upright for the proper posture and alignment necessary for a successful workout.
- EASY SET-UP AND STORAGE: With hassle-free assembly, this portable exercise bike comes with tools and easy-to-follow instructions. It folds to half its size when fully assembled and has transportation wheels for convenient relocation.
Review: This high quality Exerpeutic folding bike is less expensive than the top of the line gold model Exerpeutic, with a slightly lower but still respectable 300 lbs weight limit that exceeds many others out there.
This model features and extra wide, well-cushioned seat, a slot to hold your remote, and controls built into the handle.
All you need to do is put on your favorite TV series, start pedaling, and you are set.
- Ample 300 lb weight capacity.
- Adjustable for folks between 5’3” to 6”1”.
- 8 Levels of magnetic resistance to give yourself a challenge.
- Some find the seat too wide, and you can’t change it out.
Hands down, the best folding exercise bike for 2023. Great price, great reputation, great bike.
Pleny Foldable Upright Stationary Exercise Bike
- Fit users inseam length start from 29 inch , with safety S arc design is better for seniors people to get on and off
- The Black Model has double magnetic resistance of the Pink Model; If the user wants stronger resistance, we would recommend the Black Model
- Brand-new Exercise Monitor can show Time, Distance, Speed, Calories, Pulse on the Big Screen and New Count down features with 16 level tension control offer more specific adjustment, which helps you track the fitness progress better
- Compact, light weight design with build-in wheels for easily transportation of home & office use; It can also fold away and keep in storage
Review: I love that this bike has 16 levels of magnetic resistance and a seat that does not leave your bum numb even if you sit on it all day binge watching Amazon Prime shows.
That said, this bike is for riders under 5’9” and below 260 lbs.
So petite people, listen up! This is your bike.
It is available in pink or black, folds up and has wheels so you can hide it away when you need to and the pedals cranks are designed with a slight curve so you are not clipping your heels if you are speed pedaling. That’s a nice touch!
- Wide comfy seat.
- Super quiet, will not overpower the TV.
- Curved pedal cranks prevent heel clipping.
- Only for those under 5’ 9”” and 260 lbs.
Best exercise bike for small spaces and petite riders.
ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
- 220 lbs. Weight capacity. Heart Pulse sensors allow you to monitor your heart RATE
- Compact folding design perfect for limited spaces or small apartments. Folded dimensions: 19" L x 17.5" w x 53" H
- An 8 level magnetic tension control System. An easy to read computer LCD display indicates calories burned, distance, time, speed, Pulse and Scan
- Ergonomic contoured seat cushion easily adjustable to fit 5'1 inch to 6' user heights
- Dual transmission flywheel allows for higher resistance workout
Review: The ProGear bike has 8 levels of resistance and a dual transmission flywheel which translates to higher resistance than competitors for riders who need a greater challenge.
The bike is also ultra-compact, great for petite riders and super small spaces, and it has a super small price tag you will love.
- Integrated heart rate monitor.
- Super compact and quiet operation, great for apartments.
- Creature comforts like an extra wide seat, phone holder and foot straps set this model apart.
- Only for riders under 220 lbs and under 5’ 9” tall.
A great choice for small spaces like tiny apartments.
FitDesk Desk Folding Exercise Bike
- EXERCISE WHILE WORKING: FitDesk Bike Desk 3.0 is equipped with a high-quality gearbox, quiet twin belt drive, and high-velocity flywheel to provide reliable operation with resistance bands just underneath its seat. Included is a built-in tablet holder and storage tray for comfortable exercise while working.
- ADJUSTABLE ARM SUPPORT: The FitDesk Table Top features adjustable forearm supports that act as arm massage rollers that prevent arms from becoming weary.
- STEEL FRAME: Made from heavy-duty powder-coated steel with a strong base that can carry up to 300 pounds of weight. Adjustable ergonomic fit for bike riders from 4’10” to over 6’ with adjustable bike seat, backrest, and semi-recumbent design. Comes with easy to understand user manual for easy assemble.
- PERFORMANCE METER: Built with an 8-level magnetic tension control system for any fitness level and includes an easy reading performance meter to track your exercise cycling mileage, calories, and distance.
- NON-SLIP TABLE SURFACE: It has a soft-grip 16” x 19” desktop surface that safely secures laptops or tablets. Also includes a tilt-top tablet or cell phone holder which has a storage panel that can store earphones and other small accessories. Desk Extension Kit not included.
Review: The FitDesk is an innovative folding exercise bike that allows you to kill two birds with one stone as you can work out and work at the same time thanks to the integrated desk.
The desk has a flip-up panel you can lean a tablet on, a hidden compartment for papers, phone, keys, etc., and it lays flat to provide a generous working space.
The bike has 8 levels of magnetic resistance and a seat back backrest for comfort.
- The flat working surface of 16 by 19 inches.
- Variable resistance offers enough challenge to get a good workout.
- Secure and stable with the ultra-quiet operation – you really can work on this bike.
- The desk does not have adjustable angle or height, however, the seat adjusts height.
Get caught up on your work as you squeeze in a workout with this innovative folding bike!
Marcy Folding Upright Exercise Bike
- CUSTOMIZABLE CYCLING WORKOUT – Created for fitness enthusiasts of all skill levels, the Marcy NS-654 comes with a magnetic resistance mechanism that can be adjusted to the preset 8 levels, allowing you to tailor your training to your fitness level.
- COMFORTABLE SEAT WITH HANDLEBARS – Designed for a comfortable and efficient training session experience, this upright bike boasts a padded seat that’s furnished with high-density foam and comes with foam-covered grips to help you maintain proper body form
- LCD DISPLAY TRACKS PROGRESS – Push beyond your limits and track your progresses as you train with this gear using the LCD computer screen that acts as an odometer which lets you monitor distance traveled, time elapsed, current speed, and calories burned.
- COUNTERWEIGHTED PEDALS – This gear has weighted, counterbalanced pedals that provides maximized support for your feet. The pedals are equipped with adjustable foot straps to custom fit your exact foot size.
- FOLDABLE FRAME FOR EASY STORAGE – Featuring an ergonomically designed structure, this exercise bike has an innovative frame that folds up to facilitate convenient storage anywhere in your home.
Review: If you are petite and want a petite bike with a petite price tag the Marcy folding bike might be the right choice for you.
It is super compact, great for shorter people, and is one of the most affordable bikes out there.
It is also light and easy to move, really quiet so you won’t bug the neighbors and easy to put together and fold up when you are not using it.
- Very affordable.
- Very compact.
- Ideal for short folks.
- Needs to have higher tension.
Lightweight, compact, easy to move and ideal for shorter people.
Fitleader Small Folding Exercise Bike
Review: The Fitleader exercise bike is easy to put together and has a stylish design. While it is attractive, if you don’t want it sitting in the middle of your living room, it’s easy to fold up and tuck under a bed or hide in the closet.
This bike has a nice wide seat, is comfortable and easy to ride. It is low impact, easy on the joints, and easy to get on and off of.
It is also sturdy and will not wiggle and wobble as you ride, so you can feel secure.
- Integrated heart rate monitor.
- Quiet to ride.
- Easy to put together and fold.
- Only for riders up to 220 lbs and 5’9” tall.
A great choice for smaller riders, a smooth, quiet, stable ride.
TechFit Folding Exercise Bike
- ✅ EASY ACCESS - lower central axis so you can ride your home trainer comfortably, ideal also for elderly people.
- ✅ SAFETY&COMFORT during your cardio training, thanks to the ergonomic comfortable saddle, adjustable height and lateral support handles.
- ✅ EFFECTIVE TRAINING SESSION WITH 8 RESISTANCE LEVELS: build up your muscles by combining different levels of difficulty and get a perfectly shaped body
- ✅ MONITOR your trainings. Get in shape in the comfort of your own home, train strength, endurance, agility and balance. The LCD computer will show your training result: distance, calories, pulse, time, speed.
- ✅ NOISE FREE - the pedals and flywheel were designed to have a noiseless smooth running. You can watch a movie or listen to music without being interrupted by the pedal noise.
Review: My favorite thing about the TechFit folding bike is while it’s super affordable, the frame and adjustable seat are good for TALL people.
Most bikes in this price range are for short folks, so if you are tall, or have long legs, and are on a budget, this bike is a good choice.
It has a 240 lb max weight limit, a wide and soft seat, and has 8 different resistance levels that are easy to adjust using a knob dial right under the console.
- Very affordable.
- 240 lb weight limit.
- Built in heart rate monitor.
- The HR monitor is not always accurate.
Finally, a really affordable folding bike that works for TALL people.
BulbHead Slim Cycle 2-in-1 Folding Stationary Bike
- FULLY ASSEMBLED UPRIGHT EXERCISE BIKE: gives you a high-intensity workout that you can easily work into your cardio training workout.
- RECUMBENT EXERCISE BIKE: offers a low-impact sit and cycle workout that burns calories in a more relaxed position.
- STRENGTH TRAINING: built-in strength training allows you to sculpt and tone arm muscles while you cycle on our exercise equipment for home.
- MAGNETIC RESISTANCE: turn up your workout and work your way through 8 levels of magnetic resistance to challenge muscles.
- INCLUDED: one (1) Assembled Slim Cycle stationary bike.
Review: The BulbHead slim cycle folding bike is sturdy, without being too heavy to move out of the way when you are done. It holds a generous 300 lbs and the seat is 11 inches wide and adjusts height, and is comfortable for most riders.
The slim cycle is a low impact ride that fits all size users and the handles to the side of the seat make it easier to get on and off.
- Includes built in resistance bands.
- 8 levels of magnetic resistance.
- Integrated tablet holder.
- This bike favors taller riders, at least over 5’ 5”.
Best folding exercise bike for home use for riders over 5’5” tall.
Body Rider Folding Exercise Bike
- RETRO LOOK, MODERN BUILD – Fully loaded foldable with balanced adjustable resistance system for cardio blast full body work out. Retro look and feel with modern comfort and technology.
- BETTER, STRONGER, QUIETER – Virtually noise free smooth resistance efficient minimal design perfect for apartment, home, or dorm. Folding frame and transport wheels for easy space saving storage.
- FIT TECHNOLOGY BUILT IN – Easy to Use monitor calculates the time, distance, speed and calories burned for your resistance cardio workout with auto on/off. Easy hygiene clean, maintenance and use.
- EFFECTIVE WORKOUT – Make the most of each minute. 8 levels preset resistance intensity easy adjustment knob. 5 adjustable seat height settings. Tested for 250 lb max. User height 5’ to 6’1 inch
- SAFE, STABLE COMFORT: Engineered with extended versatile handle bar, premium quality seat cushion foam. Inspired by elliptical motion structure with extended base for stable, secure footing
Review: The Body Rider has a nice design with a white finish that may blend in with your décor better than most others.
This bike also has a back rest-a comfort feature I love. A backrest allows you to sit upright as you pedal.
This bike is very quiet to ride, so it’s perfect for in front of the TV, or if you have neighbors that are bothered by noise.
It is light and easy to move, plus it has wheels so you can get it out of the way quickly when you need to.
It’s not the most compact exercise bike, but it is one of the most comfortable folding exercise bikes out there.
- 8 levels of resistance.
- 250 lb max user weight.
- Accommodates riders from 5’ to 6’1”.
- Side seat handles allow you to easily get on and off the bike.
- The cell phone holder is in an awkward spot and some find the back rest gets in the way.
A great folding bike with a built in backrest, very comfortable, easy to use and attractive.
Ancheer Folding Exercise Bike
- 【US Shipping, Usually Arrival Time: 3-5 Days!】✦Heavy Duty & High Durability Steel Frame Construction: ANCHEER exercise bike passed the test of ASTM standard and SGS certificatio. The stationary bike’s frame combining the X-type design physical balance theory in the design and belt drive system create an unbelievably smooth, and offer more momentum to give you a challenging exercise experience.
- ✦10-Level Silent Magnetic Resistance & Unique APP Application: The silent magnetic resistance guarantee you a smooth and quiet workout while indoor cycle, no worry for disturbing your family, no maintenance required and longer exercise bike life. The unique App application with simulated game scene, allows you to experience more sports fun, you can also play with your friends, unconsciously you have completed today's fitness goals, enjoy fun.
- ✦Heart Rate Sensors & Multifunction Digital LCD Monitor: An easy to read large LCD computer display indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, Pulse, odometer, scan and heart rate at any time. Strengthens the core and reduces body weight during aerobic exercise while tightening the skin to maintain a perfect body. And the phone/Ipad holder make your exercising more interesting.
- ✦2020 New Real Flat & Wide Seat: XXXL Seat of ANCHEER exercise bike 20% width than others on the market, the height of this exercise bike seat can be adjusted up and down, and you can adjust to the most comfortable position for exercise. The 13*9.4inch seat size provide strong support during long time rides without the need for an extra gel cushion. Allows comfort and longer rides.
- ✦Space Saving Design & Hassle-free Service: Folding for storage and can moved with the bottom transportation wheels. The folding exercise bike can be folded to almost half the assembled size, so it is uniquely compact and very small footprint. Our exercise bike have ONE year quality service to the products. Within the service period, we provide the FREE replacement parts.
Review: The Ancheer folding exercise bike is a great choice for your home. It is very quiet so you can use it while watching TV.
It has 10 levels or resistance so you always feel challenged. It has a comfortable wide seat that is height adjustable and the bike itself is one of the easiest to put together that I have found.
- Fits users from 4 feet to six feet tall.
- 10 levels of magnetic resistance.
- HR monitor built into the handles.
- No place to hold your water bottle and the transport wheels are small.
Compact and easy to assemble folding exercise bike.
Pexmor Foldable Exercise Bike
- 【 UPGRADED & COMFORT 】- Our upright exercise bike is built-in a large upgraded foam padded back cushion and a ergonomic PU leather padded seat, which are thicker and more soft, providing better support for your back, ensure more comfort and relaxation for you during exercise. The seat cushion with 5-level adjustable to be adapted to the height, allows for multiple users to ride the exercise bike with a customized fit.
- 【 UPGRADED MAGNETIC RESISTANCE 】- This foldable magnetic exercise bike designed with ergonomic magnetic resistance and upgraded 5.51 lbs heavy duty flywheel to enhance resistance, providing 8 levels quite tension resistance, ensure smooth and quiet ride movement and maintenance free operation, allow you to do exercise while working at office or watching TV at home without disturbing anyone in the house.
- 【 PREMIUM 3-IN-1 FRAME & TOTAL BODY WORKOUT 】- This recumbent exercise bike with adjustable resistance bands for arm & leg to help improve your upper body strength and stretch your leg muscles after cycling classes. Our indoor exercise bike also can be used as an upright, semi-recumbent and recumbent exercise bike to maximize your workout and utilize different muscles, save you a lot of money and living spaces.
- 【 COMPACT & CONVENIENT 】- PEXMOR adjustable exercise bike is compact foldable design with two transport wheels, which can make the moving and storage of your home into your own personal fitness studio easily and fit easily into closets and corners . No need for heavy lifting or muscle strain.
- 【 HIGHLY ADJUSTABLE 】- Except that the height of seat and resistance can be adjusted, our fold up exercise bike also with sturdy and adjustable backrest，which is available to match your own height and feel more comfortable while cycling.
Review: The Pexmor folding bike has several extras other bikes don’t. To start with it has a seat back so you can sit up or lean back. It also has resistance bands so your arms are not neglected during your workout.
The LCD screen is visible in dark or lighted conditions and the computer rotates thru the display instead of you having to push a button to change the data being displayed, which not all bikes do.
The bike goes from recumbent to upright, to add some variety to your workout. Overall this is a solid bike and is highly recommended.
- 2 in one, converts from upright to recumbent position.
- Bike includes backrest and resistance bands.
- Seat is solid, wide and comfortable.
- Bike is sturdy and stable, with a max weight of 300 lbs.
- Challenging to fold up.
Most versatile folding bike, with two sets of resistance bands, plus goes from recumbent to upright.
Super Short Buying Guide to Folding Exercise Bikes
What factors you should keep in mind before buying the best folding exercise bike?
Some bikes are better suited for tall riders while some work better for short or petite riders.
Top picks for Tall people:
TechFit Folding Exercise Bike, MaxKare Folding Exercise Bike, and Exerpeutic Gold 500 XLS Foldable Upright Bike.
Top picks for Short people:
Xspec Foldable Stationary Upright Exercise Bike and the Marcy Folding Upright Exercise Bike.
Just like height, some bikes are better for lighter riders whereas some are for heavy or big guys.
Top picks for people over 200 lbs, best exercise bikes for big guys:
The Exerpeutic Gold 500 XLS Foldable Upright Bike and the PEXMOR Foldable Exercise Bike and the BulbHead Slim Cycle 2-in-1 Folding Stationary Exercise Bike and the MaxKare Folding Exercise Bike.
The Bike Footprint or Space it Takes Up
The reality is, all folding bikes are compact and are ideal for small spaces.
But if you are looking for the most compact, teeny tiny footprint bike, I can recommend these two folding exercise bikes:
Special Features and Additions of the Best Folding Exercise Bikes
Only a handful of bikes have a backrest or seat back.
Why would you want a seat back or backrest on your foldable exercise bike?
A backrest allows you to sit upright as you pedal, which may be easier on your back than leaning forward over the handlebars.
Some riders also feel more secure with a seat back, or like to lean back as they watch TV.
The Body Rider XRB3535 Folding Exercise Bike and the FitDesk Desk Folding Exercise Bike are great examples of quality folding exercise bikes with backrests.
Style of Resistance
Most folding bikes out there use magnetic resistance because this technology can be made small and compact.
Magnetic resistance uses a magnet and a flywheel to create resistance, simply turn the dial, which places the magnet closer to the flywheel and causes more resistance.
Air bikes, on the other hand, use a fan type flywheel that uses wind resistance to challenge your muscles.
If you like the idea of air resistance I have a list of the best air bikes reviewed, so head on over and take a look.
Recumbent vs Upright Style
Folding exercise bikes come in recumbent, upright, or those that convert from recumbent to upright, providing two different exercises in one.
These two in one combo bikes are great because you can adjust them to sit low to the ground or ride up high.
The benefit of this is you engage your leg muscles differently, depending on the position of the workout, and get more well-rounded leg conditioning this way.
If you want to see more recumbent bike reviews, I have created a list of the best recumbent bikes out there. Check it out!
Note: Folding bikes, even the upright style, are not good for spinning. The weight is designed to be carried on the saddle, not the crank and pedals.
If you are looking for a great spinning style exercise bike check out these spinning bike reviews.
Want more cardio?
Exercise bikes are great for cardio conditioning, but there are a lot of other great options out there too. Here are some of the best cardio machines for your home or garage gym.
Do you like reading about the latest fitness equipment?
Don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter below.
Just enter your email address and we will send the latest fitness equipment reviews and fitness news your way.