TOP 13 Best Mini Steppers on the Market Reviewed 2023
We all know we should be doing more with our legs.
They have the largest muscles in the body and are the most effective way of getting some serious cardio in.
But what if you’re not a runner?
Mini steppers are the little brothers and sisters of full-sized regular stepping machines and offer a decent cardio workout for your legs without the impact of a treadmill.
This article will introduce you to the best mini steppers 2023 and fill you in on everything you need to know about these handy little machines.
- TOP 13 Best Mini Stepper Reviews 2023
- Xiser Commercial Mini Stairmaster
- Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands
- Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper
- Goplus Step Air Climber
- Gold’s Gym Mini Stepper
- Sunny Health & Fitness Twist-in Stepper with Handle Bar
- Exerpeutic 850 Mini Stepper
- Flexispot Home Exercise Stepper
- Efitment Fitness Stepper
- Stamina Twist Stepper
- Goplus Twister Stepper with Handle
- Harvil Mini Adjustable Twist Stepper
- LocTeC FP1 Exercise Stepper
- Mini Stepper vs Regular Stepper Machine
- What are the Different Kinds of Mini Steppers?
- Is it Worth Adding a Mini Stepper to My Home Gym?
- What Should I Look for When Choosing My Mini Stepper?
- How Can I Stay Motivated and Inspired on My Mini Stepper?
TOP 13 Best Mini Stepper Reviews 2023
Xiser Commercial Mini Stairmaster
- Cast Aircraft Alloy
- Ergonomically Optimum Design
- Light Weight 14 lbs.(Portable), NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
- 100% Made in USA Parts and Labor since 1977
- The first stepping machine and only step sprint trainer on the market
Review: Extremely tough and made of top quality materials, this is the kind of mini stepper you will have in your home gym for a lifetime and never need to replace.
It doesn’t come with any fancy features, but its simplicity is what makes it reliable and a failsafe choice.
- Very stable due to its longer length.
- Made of aircraft aluminum which is extremely strong and durable and maybe accounts for the huge 400 lbs weight limit.
- 5 year warranty.
- Tall hydraulic cylinders are very quiet.
- Adjustable resistance.
- Doesn’t include a display.
- Doesn’t include resistance bands.
This is likely to be the best mini stepper on the market and definitely among the best mini steppers 2023.
Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands
- TRACK YOUR FITNESS: LCD monitor measures the steps time total and calories, making your exercise more reasonable and effective.
- REMOVABLE BANDS: Equipped with removable training bands this high-quality stepper tightens over 20 different core muscles and using low-impact aerobic exercise to help tone your chest back and shoulders.
- HYDRAULIC DRIVE SYSTEM: Built with a hydraulic drive system this workout machine provides a smooth stepping motion. Arrives assembled (simply attach resistance bands).
- HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: Height adjustment knob adjusts the step motion height for either short bursts or long steps.
- WIDE NON-SLIP PEDALS: Large textured foot plates ensure a solid, non-slip footing Height range will decrease with each counter-clockwise turn.
Review: This mini stepper is a solid little machine equipped with resistance bands for a full body workout.
It uses an up and down motion rather a circular elliptical so it does require a bit of balance, but the resistance bands can help with that.
- LCD Monitor tracks your stats.
- Comes with removable resistance bands.
- Hydraulic system makes for smooth stepping.
- Resistance bands may not provide enough resistance if you’re used to pretty hefty weight training.
This is another of the best mini steppers available right now, being good value for money and a sturdy machine.
Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper
- TWIST ACTION: Twist action helps you tone thighs and buttocks, while achieving a challenging cardiovascular workout; work deep muscles in hard-to-reach places without putting stress on joints.
- DURABILITY: Heavy-duty steel construction provides years of reliable use; oversized, slip-resistant foot plates keep you firmly planted during workout.
- DIGITAL MONITOR: LCD display shows total count, time, calories burned, and rep count. adjustable height helps work your deep muscles without putting extreme pressure on bones and joints.
- RESISTANCE BANDS: Removable exercise bands work arms, chest, back, and shoulders for total body workout.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Use the height adjustment lever to adjust the step height before your workout on your compact stepper.
Review: Similar to the mini stepper above but with a twisting motion incorporated into the stepping motion, this mini stepper activates more muscles than the simple up-down machines.
- Adjustable resistance.
- LCD monitor tracks your workout stats.
- Removable resistance bands.
- 250 lbs max user weight.
- The twisting motion may not be suitable for people with knee problems.
- Manufacturers recommend a 15 minute limit for working out to prevent the pistons from overheating. Alternating with floor exercises or a different machine could be an option.
This is a great option for a mini stepper if you’re looking for a reliable machine and appreciate the twisting motion.
Goplus Step Air Climber
- 【Excellent Hydraulic Resistance Design】Goplus Stepper adopts excellent hydraulic resistance design. It has non-slip pedals to ensure safety, you can feel an obvious resistance of climbing a mountain. In the meanwhile, its buffer and steadiness protect your knees and ankles from getting injuried.
- 【LCD Display to Record Calories】The informative LCD training display circularly shows time, scan, rep count, total count and calories burned during your workout.
- 【Height Adjustable】Heavy duty steel construction provides years of reliable use. The height of pedals is adjustable.
- 【2 Resistance Bands Included】Stepper training is a great cardio to lose weight all over while still building some muscle tone on the legs. With our resistance bands exercise together to have a good shape of arms, waist, belly, buttocks and legs. Just 30 minutes of aerobic exercise each day can help keep your heart healthy and your weight under control.
- 【Space Saving】The overall size of this stepper is about 17" x 13" x 9", it saves much more space than a treadmill. Also, its 16Lbs weight makes it portable to be taken to anywhere. Its weight capacity is 220Lbs.
Review: This is a newer addition to the market than the mini steppers above but just as worthy for a spot in your garage gym.
It is well built, stable and sturdy.
- Includes a display which records workout stats.
- Includes 2 resistance bands.
- Wide anti-slip pedals and a wide base make this a very stable machine.
- The temperature of the room affects how hard it is to move the pedals so you’ll get an easier workout in a warmer room and a harder work out in a colder room.
- Resistance is not adjustable.
This is easily one of the best mini steppers on the market.
Gold’s Gym Mini Stepper
- Low impact workout
- Targets calves, thighs, buttocks and hips
- Electronic monitor tracks steps, time and calories burned
- Compact and easy to store
- User weight capacity: 250 pounds
Review: This is another popular mini stepper that is a well-priced, entry level option. It doesn’t have adjustable resistance so you may outgrow it at some point but it’s a good place to start.
- Electronic display tracks time, steps and calories.
- 250 lbs max weight.
- Suitable for use at a standing desk.
- No issues with squeaking compared to a lot of other models.
- No adjustable resistance.
This is a decent entry-level mini stepper with limited fancy features but a reliable, solid design.
Sunny Health & Fitness Twist-in Stepper with Handle Bar
- LCD MONITOR: Monitor displays your Time, Calories, Count, and Scan, you will be able to see your results to keep you motivated and on pace.
- BALANCE: This stepper has Handlebars to help keep you balanced while you step. Great for beginners who are new to the stepping world.
- TWIST ACTION: Tone both your core and lower body while performing fun and effective stepping actions to work deep muscles without putting extreme pressure on bones and joints.
- NON-SLIP PEDALS: Textured non-slip oversized foot pedals to ensure safety of your vigorous workouts.
- CONSTRUCTION: Heavy-duty steel construction to stand the test of time, and the everyday use of intense workouts. Max Weight capacity 250 lbs.
Review: Strictly speaking this is still a mini stepper, it just has a handle to help out when balance issues are a problem.
Oddly enough it doesn’t come with adjustable resistance which is a definite drawback but aside from this, it is a solid mini stepper.
- Handle has adjustable height and comfortable padded grips.
- LCD display on the handle bar records strides per minute, steps, calories and time.
- Incorporates twisting motion.
- Doesn’t have adjustable resistance.
This is the best mini stepper with handles for those with balance issues.
Exerpeutic 850 Mini Stepper
- [FLAT STEP MOTION]: Provides FLAT STEP MOTION rather than swivel motion found on other steppers, which results less impact on knees and allows you to burn more calories while exercising. NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
- [10" STEP HEIGHT]: Increase your workout intensity by adjusting the step height up to 10”, which is the HIGHEST STEP HEIGHT currently available on the stepper market
- [SMART CLOUD FITNESS]: Bluetooth Smart Cloud Fitness with free My Cloud Fitness App available on iOS/Android to help track and monitor your workouts. The app features 3 workout goal settings of time, distance and calories to keep you challenged
- [HEAVY DUTY/COMPACT DESIGN]: 250 lbs. Weight Capacity with heavy duty frame construction which is substantially more capacity than most other steppers. Compact design ideal for home or office to work on calves, thighs, buttocks and more
- [LCD MONITOR/HYDRAULIC SYSTEM]: A LCD display features steps/min, total step count, time, calories burned, and scan. Hydraulic Air Piston System for better and smoother controlled motion. Large anti-slip textured foot pedals
Review: This mini stepper is new to the scene and likely to receive really positive feedback for its excellent stepping motion that allows your foot to stay flat rather than having your heel drop.
It’s Bluetooth compatible which is also rare and has adjustable step height.
- Natural stepping action.
- Bluetooth compatible with free My Cloud Fitness app.
- 10” step height is the highest available for mini steppers right now.
- Adjustable step height so you can challenge yourself by extending the range of motion.
- LCD display.
- 250 lbs max weight.
- Doesn’t come with resistance straps.
This is a good quality, well designed mini stepper that mimics real stepping motion without putting undue stress on your calves.
Flexispot Home Exercise Stepper
Review: Distributed by top-rated Sunny Health & Fitness, this is another decent mini stepper that deserves more attention and works well at a standing desk.
- Smooth, comfortable stepping motion.
- Heavy-duty steel frame is tough and stable.
- Electric monitor tracks workout.
- Resistance is not adjustable.
- A little squeaky until you add some lube.
This is a sturdy, compact mini stepper that could be worth a look if you’re looking for the best mini stepper for under your desk.
Efitment Fitness Stepper
- HYDRAULIC DRIVE SYSTEM: Built with a hydraulic drive system, this workout machine uses fluid power to do simple work providing a smooth and quiet workout. Stepper arrives fully assembled!
- NON-SLIP PEDALS: Wide, textured, non-slip foot pedals keep feet secure while you exercise. Weight capacity of 220 Ibs.
- EFFECTIVE MOVEMENT: Move up and down action tightens and tones your calves muscles, gluteal muscles and hip flexors. This calorie burning stepper will not only tone your muscles but it will also benefit your overall health. The cardiovascular workout will make your heart and lungs work more efficiently.
- TRACK YOUR FITNESS: The informative LCD training computer will ensure you stay focused during your workout as it tracks Scan, Time, Count and Calories.
- NO ASSEMBLY: This product ships pre-assembled, so you can step right into your workout once it arrives.
Review: This is a well-made, durable mini stepper of reasonable quality for its price point.
It doesn’t have adjustable resistance which is a drawback, but the height of the pedals can be adjusted to alter the depth of your step which is a plus.
- LCD monitor tracks workout.
- Hydraulic system is smooth and quiet.
- Textured, non-slip pedals.
- Doesn’t have adjustable resistance.
This is a solid, reliable mini stepper, provided the resistance setting suits your level.
Stamina Twist Stepper
- Twist stepper with two removable, medium-tension upper body resistance tubes
- Oversized slip-resistant footplates; non-slip foot caps; durable steel frame
- Designed for a smooth stepping motion with adjustable tension
- Electronic monitor tracks time, steps, repetitions per minute, and calories burned
- One-year frame warranty; 90-day parts warranty
Review: This mini stepper incorporates the twist action and resistance bands for a total body workout. It is a sturdy design with adjustable tension.
- Comes with removable resistance bands.
- Has adjustable tension.
- Electric monitor tracks workout.
- Some problems with the monitor.
This is a decent mid-range mini stepper which allows for a true full body workout with the twist motion and resistance bands.
Goplus Twister Stepper with Handle
- 【2 in 1 Twister and Stepper Machine】The twist action of the Goplus Twister Stepper will help tone your whole body, specifically working your thighs and buttocks.
- 【Multi-function LCD Display】Tracking your progress easier with the LCD monitor screen. Displaying your time, calories, scan, and count, you will be able to see your results to keep you motivated and on pace.
- 【Adjustable Height】For those with a limited range, you can move the knob up/down and locked in to place to accommodate any user's height. The adjustable height is 47"-51" and you also could adjust the stepping height to make it more suitable for you.
- 【Keep the Balance】The built-in handle bars to help keep you balanced while you stepping, this is great for beginners who are new to the stepping world.
- 【Heavy-duty Construction】Heavy-duty steel construction to stand the test of time and the sturdy frame of this climber machine allows a max user weight of up to 220lbs. The stepper contains patterned plates to prevent any possible slips.
Review: This is another great mini stepper with a handle to aid those who don’t trust their balance.
Bear in mind you won’t be able to incorporate your own free weights or resistance bands as the handle will get in the way.
- Adjustable handle height.
- Adjustable stepping height.
- Adjustable resistance with 12 levels.
- Some issues with the LCD display.
- Takes up more space than a stepper without a handle.
If you’re looking for a twist stepper with a handle, this is an affordable option worth considering.
Harvil Mini Adjustable Twist Stepper
- COMPACT AND VERSATILE - Get a quick workout anytime, anywhere and reach your daily step goal with this portable exercise equipment made of heavy duty steel. Its compact and can easily fit under your desk, bed, or in a closet. Stepper dimensions: 15.74 L x 18.11 W x 11.81 H inches; weight: 17.60 pounds; Maximum Weight Capacity: 220 pounds
- LOW-IMPACT WORKOUT - The stepper machine moves up and down and side to side in a low-impact twisting action. With hydraulic resistance and height adjustment knob, you can tone your glutes, thighs and calves in a quick and easy workout.
- LARGE FOOTPLATES, WIDE BASES AND LCD MONITOR - This fitness equipment features a LCD monitor that displays count, time, total count, and calories. The oversized non-slip foot plates and wide bases provide steady, quiet and smooth workout. Pedal dimensions: 12.72 L x 5 W x 1.5 H inches; Pedal Height: highest - 11.81; lowest - 3.85 inches
- WARRANTY - Items ship to your door without defect and/or shipping damage or well replace it at no cost. We also offer in-home delivery and assembly for an added fee. Within the 90-day warranty period, we also repair and replace defective parts at no cost to the purchaser. If you still arent satisfied, youll get a full refund. CAUTION: Putting the stepper within reach of a support bar or wall is strongly recommended to avoid injury.
- DESIGNED AND ENGINEERED BY HARVIL - All Harvil items are designed and engineered by creative people right here in the USA. We are a family business and we design our products to be enjoyed by family and friends. Even though many of these items are manufactured in Asia, we are proud to have Americans who understand Americans needs bringing our items to life.
Review: This is a decent, budget mini stepper for those who don’t want to commit to a more expensive machine.
- LCD display.
- Adjustable resistance.
- Large footplates and sturdy, wide base.
- 90 day warranty is pretty short.
This is a surprisingly well-made mini stepper considering its low price which makes it good for beginners.
LocTeC FP1 Exercise Stepper
- For a beginner, you can burn about 350-450 calories in a 40 minute workout
- As you become fitter you can increase intensity to burn about 600-700 calories in a 40 minute workout.
- Mini steppers provide a great workout for very little money while you are considering buying a stair stepper, not only save money, but also space saving.17" x 16" x 11", when you finish exercise, you can put it in corner or under your table.
- The low impact mini steppers will ensure that your joints and muscles are not injured during the workout, a good cardio workout to lose weight. 220 lbs weight capacity.
- Loctek mini stair stepper is a cardio workout and target to make your leg muscles have more stamina and can get your heart rate up then any form of exercise. Also the machine has a LCD display that can check your total count, time, calories burned, and rep count
Review: This mini stepper has a slight twist action to activate more muscles and is constructed using a sturdy, strong design.
- Display screen counts your steps, calories and time.
- Hydraulic pistons create low impact stepping.
- Large slip-resistant foot plates.
- Tension not adjustable so will depend on your body weight for how easy it is.
- A little overpriced for the quality.
Some people have had great results with this stepper, but for the same price or less you could get a more reliable machine from a more reputable brand.
Mini Stepper vs Regular Stepper Machine
So what’s the difference between a mini stepper and a regular stepper machine?
The main difference between regular stepper machines and mini steppers are the size and presence of handles.
Regular step machines are much larger and typically have a waist height console in front of you similar to a treadmill.
They also have handles and may include features such as built-in workouts with varying resistance, workout stats and entertainment features.
However, they are also much more expensive, are not easily portable and take up space in your home or garage.
Mini steppers, on the other hand, allow you to get similar benefits for a much smaller price and in a smaller package too.
Mini steppers are the ideal size for a home gym, taking up hardly any space and being really easy to move around.
What are the Different Kinds of Mini Steppers?
There are two different kinds, the standard mini stepper which uses a straight up and down motion, and the twist mini stepper which twists out to the side slightly on the downward motion in order to utilize more of your glutes.
Both can make for an awesome workout but if your knees aren’t ship shape you may want to pass on the twisting options as the twisting action will likely make things worse.
Is it Worth Adding a Mini Stepper to My Home Gym?
It depends on what your goals are.
A mini stepper won’t add muscle or contribute significantly to sculpting by itself. It needs to be used with a combination of other resistance exercises to achieve any significant muscular improvements.
However, a mini stepper is an excellent way of incorporating low-impact cardio and muscle toning into your exercise regime while working out a range of muscles in your legs and core.
When set on a high resistance, a mini stepper can make for an intense leg workout!
When combined with resistance bands, your upper body can also get in on the action.
If you don’t have any other cardio machines in your home gym set up, the mini stepper could be a great addition due to its compact, convenient size, very low price point, and low impact.
What Should I Look for When Choosing My Mini Stepper?
There are few things to think about when choosing the best mini stepper machine for your needs:
- Whether the resistance is adjustable – this is a pretty key part of choosing the best mini stepper, but oddly enough, not many mini steppers actually have adjustable resistance. You can adjust how hard you work by altering your style but it still could be a little luck of the draw as to whether you get the right amount of resistance for your needs if you purchase a machine without adjustment options.
Note that heavier people will find harder resistance levels more easy than lighter people as your body weight helps to push the pedals down!
- Movement of the pedals – do you want to get some twisting action in there or would you rather stick to the straight forward up-down motion? Also, do you want your feet to stay flat, cycle slightly, or your heel to drop each time you depress the pedal? These are all important questions and you’ll want to try out the different options to decide what you like.
- Step height – the height of the step determines the range of motion of your leg and consequently the range of muscles you use. The higher the step height the harder the workout. Some mini steppers that don’t have adjustable resistance do have adjustable step height which is a good compromise.
- Weight limit – the more expensive mini steppers can cope with a huge amount of weight, but the more budget options hover around the 220 lbs mark so you’ll want to make sure you get a mini stepper that works for your body weight.
- The inclusion of resistance bands – this is more a convenience factor than a deal breaker as you can add in your own resistance bands easily enough. But if you don’t have any, it’s a nice addition to the machine as it converts it from a lower body workout to a whole body workout.
- Warranty – this can be a deal breaker. Basically, you want the machine with the longest warranty possible as this is a fairly clear indication of the quality.
How Can I Stay Motivated and Inspired on My Mini Stepper?
One of the best ways to stay motivated is you mix it up and keep your workouts interesting so that you don’t get bored.
Doing a workout on your mini stepper doesn’t have to mean that you get on the machine and grind away relentlessly without combining any other exercises into the mix.
Using resistance bands or light weights at the same time as using your mini stepper gives the upper body a workout at the same time.
Some mini steppers come with resistance bands attached, but if yours doesn’t, there’s no reason why you can’t add your own.
Alternatively, try treating your mini stepper workout like circuit training and hop on and off every few minutes, interspersing your stepping with resistance bands or body weight exercises.
The workout will be more intense and you’ll stay interested.
And finally, don’t forget to check out Youtube if you need some more ideas or for someone to yell at you!
Hopefully, this article has set you up with all the necessary knowledge to choose your best mini stepper for your home workouts.
Remember that everybody’s different so you’ll need to be clear on your preferences before you commit. It’s highly recommended to try out some different models first before purchasing.
If you’re interested in something slightly different, take a look at our article on the best maxi climber machines.
Make sure to comment below if you’ve tried any of the mini steppers reviewed above and don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already!