You see more and more professional athletes using battle ropes.
Unlike in the beginning, when battle ropes were the trademark of MMA fighters, today more and more regular practitioners apply it in their training routine.
This thread will introduce you to the positive effects of the best battle ropes and provide some advice during purchase.
- What Is A Battle Rope?
- How To Use A Battle Rope?
- Best Battle Rope Workouts & Sports Specific Training Possibilities
- Are Battle Ropes Effective? Do Battle Ropes Work?
- Important Details When You Choose The Best Battle Ropes
- TOP 10 Best Battle Ropes for 2021
- 1. Battle Ropes Poly Dacron by Garage Fit
- 2. Fitness Solutions Training Ropes
- 3. Titan Fitness 30ft Heavy Battle Rope
- 4. Super Deal Black Battle Rope
- 5. NEXPro Battle Rope
- 6. ZENY Poly Dacron Battle Rope
- 7. Yaheetech Poly Dacron Battle Rope
- 8. Comie Poly Dacron Battle Rope
- 9. Giantex Strength Training Undulation Battle Rope
- 10. Trademark Innovations Strength Training Battle Rope
- Final word
What Is A Battle Rope?
A battle rope is a revolutionary training gear which enables training multiple features at the same time.
During the last century, ropes were used for sailing and ships only. But today, even if you are not a sailor, you can still use them to your advantage.
How To Use A Battle Rope?
Battle ropes are generally used for bouncing movements and simultaneous contractions of the upper body.
The positive side of bouncing is activation of many muscles which wouldn’t normally work during that type of movement.
The basic of battle rope is waving technique. If you were a cowboy or used a lasso, it won’t be a problem. Just remember this – your whole upper body is a wave, from hips to fingertips!
However, a regular practitioner might have a hard time. There are few rules you must follow:
- When a hand goes up, it needs to be 100% relaxed.
- You need to relax your elbows and simultaneously perform the movement.
- Contract your muscles only when the battle ropes go towards the ground.
- When your hands work alternately, one hand must go up while the other one goes down.
- You will have problems in the beginning when you add squats or some other variation. The same counts for the additional equipment.
- Balance and hand coordination are the keys to the success – you will build it as the time goes by.
Best Battle Rope Workouts & Sports Specific Training Possibilities
Before you start, we would recommend you to obtain a pair of CrossFit gloves to prevent palm blisters and scratches.
You need to know a battle rope can easily become an ultimate device for your whole body workout.
Once you try it out, you will probably be thrilled by a momentum and contraction it transfers to all areas of your body.
With a battle rope, you will be able to activate every muscle in your body, combining various exercises, positions, and movements.
You can train almost everything – power, endurance, agility, footwork, quickness, explosiveness, muscular endurance, core stability… best battle ropes can be used for weight loss, HIIT and MIIT training sessions, circuit training, or even a hardcore CrossFit session!
You can train a specific movement in Judo, wrestling, MMA, or boxing. The mechanics of movement is very similar to martial arts moves – you can run around the opponent and simulate throwing or punching!
Here is one of the best battle rope workouts for martial artists who want to improve their specific strength and conditioning.
You have the ability to fasten the battle ropes around a pole or a metal object (steel basket construction is a great choice). This will enable to combine more features in one training session.
Here is our choice of the best battle rope workouts for various fitness levels:
- If you are a beginner, you will need to focus on the movement mechanics and the use of the additional equipment is not recommended.
- Here are some of the best exercises for an intermediate level. You can combine balancing balls, tires, plyo boxes, weighted dip belts, and even ankle weights.
- An advanced user can do all types of battle rope exercises. Are you wondering how many exercises can coaches think up from two basic ones? Human creativity has no limits!
You will probably ask how much is the rest period, and how often should you train. Try with 2 times per week at the beginning.
Rest periods will depend on your training goal. Pick your favorite exercises and start! In the case you forget quickly, here is an additional set of 45 exercises!
Are Battle Ropes Effective? Do Battle Ropes Work?
Results are the best criterion!
Battle rope exercises with a short rest interval have positive cardiovascular and metabolic effects.
This research confirms that battle rope drills have higher metabolic demands than traditional resistance exercises. It means more calories will be burned, which confirms these exercises as a good choice for weight loss.
According to this research, unilateral waves are better to develop the strength of your oblique muscles, while bilateral waves have a more significant effect on lower back muscles. Both kinds of battle rope waves are strengthening deltoid and glute muscles.
Khabib Nurmagomedov, one of the rare undefeated MMA fighters, uses battle ropes as a regular part of his training routine. And his slams and takedowns are outstanding!
Important Details When You Choose The Best Battle Ropes
The most often materials are Polypropylene, manila, nylon, Poly Dacron, polyester, and Dacron.
Manila is made of plant and leaves “hairs” behind after the training session. Our advice is to stay away from it if you plan to train indoors.
Other five materials are all synthetic.
The most often rope lengths are 30, 40, and 50 feet. The longest rope is the most suitable one but you need to be aware there will be no space for it if you plan to train at your home.
Some manufacturers might offer various models to attract buyers, from 10 to 100 feet in length.
Shorter ropes are good for quickness, explosiveness, and martial arts-specific strength and conditioning.
If you plan to train outside, the best battle ropes for you are the ones which maintain two demands – water resistance and maximum length.
A smaller battle rope is more suitable for traveling purposes.
The diameter of the rope will determine the type of the workout.
Wider ropes are suitable for strength training sessions, while the thinner ones are beneficial for beginners, explosiveness, and cardio sessions.
You may choose between 1.5 inches and 2-inch diameter. The thicker one will require stronger grip and activate forearm muscles more.
Non-synthetic materials are mostly waterproof, and their durability is better compared to synthetic materials.
The best battle ropes are water-resistant and use anti-fray technology. Weather is not their enemy.
Check the shrink caps on the edges – it is one more sign of enhanced durability.
The best battle ropes are not stiff and they maintain a solid level of flexibility, even during the smallest waves. Too stiff ropes are good for strength but bad for a circuit, HIIT, or MIIT training session.
The best battle ropes in the market definitively cost a lot of money.
You need to think about the parameters you specifically demand and purchase the perfect rope for you.
Sometimes it is worth to invest more money, especially when a world-class product lasts for ages.
There are users which like specific color, design, decals, graphic details… There are so many various things various people like to see!
TOP 10 Best Battle Ropes for 2021
The best battle ropes are definitively something every serious practitioner needs to have.
Battle rope gives you a unique opportunity to train indoor or outdoor, strengthening the whole body without the need to possess any other training device!
It can be combined with other gear in the gym, which means more makeup and better approach to the client if you are a coach. Best battle ropes will open you an opportunity to go higher in the world of fitness coaching!
Please leave us a comment and tell us which is your favorite set of ropes.
- 20 Best Fitness Trackers Under $50 - March 9, 2021
- 15 Best Massage Guns – November 2020 Review & Buyers Guide - November 22, 2020
- 10 Best Pilates Balls 2021 - November 17, 2020