To be able to choose the best dip belt, you will have to be fully aware of the purpose of your training session.
Is your goal to maximize power in your arms and pectorals, or you simply want to lift heavy weights and enable anabolic effect on your body?
Best Weightlifting Belts
|Rip Toned Dip Belt|
|Harbinger 28900 Polypropylene Dip Belt|
|DMoose Fitness Dip Belt|
- Dip Belt Purposes
- Exercises To Perform With Dip Belts
- What To Look When Choosing The Best Dip Belts
- TOP 10 Weighted Dip Belts Reviews 2020
- Premium Dip Belt With Chain By DMoose Fitness
- Rip Toned Dip Belt - 6'' Weight Lifting Pull Up Belt
- Advanced Dip Belt by Iron Bull Strength
- Harbinger 28900 Polypropylene Dip Belt with 30-Inch Steel Chain
- IronMind De Rigueur Dipping Belt
- Power Systems Grizzly Fitness Leather Dip and Pull-Up Belt
- Yes4All Weight Belt With Chain
- Faswin Weight Lifting Dip Belt With Chain
- Kinobody Dip Belt And Pullup Belt
- Champion Heavy Duty Leather Dip Belt
Unlike the strongmen, regular practitioners mostly focus on the look, or ability to hold the position. The best weighted dip belt is highly related to your goals.
Someone who wants to look like Mr. Olympia will focus on the belt which maximizes the support to the spine and lower back. A Batman-style practitioner wants a best weighted dip belt with a chain.
So, are you a calisthenics practitioner or you like to put some weight in your sessions? Are you a gymnast? Let us guide you through and help you find the best dip belt for your needs!
Dip Belt Purposes
I guess many of you think the only purpose is to add the weight to your sets. However, you will be surprised when you see how functional the best dip belt is:
- Maximum injury protection – hip-belt squats are the best option to protect your spine and lower back, you don’t need a discus hernia;
- Maximum load – you see that a good belt can hold even up to 200 lbs, you will become a bodyweight beast;
- Maximum balance – especially when you squat, you will need something to keep your center of gravity steady;
- Safety – many of you think it is unsafe, but when your spine stands still, even if you go down, the fall will not be that critical;
- An excellent way to combine strength, power, and endurance training sessions;
- Bonus exercises and variations for advanced exercisers.
A weighted dip belt is a great training device when you learn how to use it properly!
Exercises To Perform With Dip Belts
We come to the variety of movements again. Here are some world-class options:
- Chin-ups and pull-ups;
- Pectoral and tricep dips;
- Lower abdominal exercises;
- Lateral abdominal exercises;
- Lateral lunges;
- Hamstring exercises;
- Lower back, glutes, and core exercises at once;
- An ability to combine with other equipment – kettlebells, resistance bands, dumbbells, Bulgarian bag, barbells etc.
All you need is good creativity. A good coach can create endless variations and make the training session extremely interesting and beneficial!
What To Look When Choosing The Best Dip Belts
It might be hard to choose the best weighted dip belt from the sea of awesome offers. We will describe the most important criteria which must be matched before you make your final choice.
Most of the high-quality dip belts are made of leather. Another option is a synthetic belt, however, there are good and bad sizes for both of them.
A leather belt is usually harder to wear but it is more comfortable. It usually has an ability to handle the bigger weight without problems.
Synthetic belt might not be the best choice for weightlifters, but it is easier to create a custom design. The new design also offers high-quality nylon dip belts.
Dipping belts are usually one size fits all. The belt is wrapped around your back and it isn’t tight but it won’t fall during exercises.
When you look for an excellent one, check which options are available when you make the adjustments. The more adjustable the more the dip belt is considered better. If the belt has sizes, it is also a big plus.
Chains and Training Purposes
Chains mostly go through the center of the plate weight and they are attached to the back of the exerciser. The length of the chain depends on your intentions.
When you have a higher platform, you can purchase a longer chain for squats. By default, pull-ups and chin-ups may support longer chain. But if you perform a lot of dips or core exercises, and especially if you are shorter, purchase a shorter chain.
There are also models without chains. However, it is well-known that steel is mostly tougher than many mixtures. But it needn’t mean a dip belt without chain is bad.
Usually, the leather belt lasts longer. However, you have very good synthetic belts too. If you really purchase the best dip belt, it can last for years or even a decade!
Is there a possibility to wrap the chain around the barbells, plates, or other training equipment?
Better wrapping leads to more variations, which means the best dip belt can be used for nearly all types of training sessions and exercises!
Now let’s go to the dip belt reviews! Not only you can do the best for your training purposes but you will know every good and bad side of each dip belt.
TOP 10 Weighted Dip Belts Reviews 2020
We hope you liked our dip belt reviews. One more thing – dip belts might be changed with barbells or filled bags, but there are few bad sides:
- You cannot do pull-ups or chin-ups while holding dumbbells in your arms.
- Filled bags are harder to control and it will affect your balance seriously.
- You can hurt yourself more quickly.
- You have fewer variations.
Try to release your creativity and find the best dip belts for your needs. You can do so many various exercises, and don’t stay limited on dips, chin-ups and squats only. You can train the whole body if you activate your brain!
Please write us a comment. Would you rather go for a weighted or a regular dip belt and why?