Power Racks & Squat Racks
13 Best Cheap Power Racks & Budget Friendly Squat Racks with Reviews
Garagegympower is reader-supported. When you purchase through links in our articles, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Are you looking for a bargain power rack?
Maybe you are a college student, recent grad, are just getting into lifting, or simply don’t want to spend over a 1000 dollars on a premium power rack.
Whatever your reason is, I review 13 of the top cheap power racks and squat racks to help you decide.
Along with my reviews I will go over a few things to look out for before you chose the best power rack for your home gym.
What you need to consider when buying a Power Rack
- Price: The first thing you’ll need to consider is your budget. You can get a good quality rack even if you are on a tighter budget but might need to compromise on some less necessary features.
- Weight Capacity: All power racks have and squat racks have a weight limit. One thing is the static weight limit, which is how much weight can sit safely on the rack, another limit is how much weight can safely be dropped onto the rack, in case you need to drop the weight. The reality is, the safety feature these racks provide is only as good as the rack, in the event you drop the weight. That is what the safety is for, to prevent you from being injured if you fail a lift.
- Spacing of the Adjustment Holes: Adjustment holes determine how high or low you can place the safety bars, J hooks, and other accessories. The closer together the adjustment holes are, the more you can customize the height.
- Attachments: The attachments will determine the type of workout you can do on your rack. Some racks can be customized later on, but some don’t, so if you choose a modular model, make sure it offers all the attachments you need.
- Tests and Ratings: As always, make sure you check the reviews and ratings of your chosen model, before buying it, as that is one of the best ways to find out how practical and durable it actually is.
This is how we select and evaluate products on GGP
In this article, we review a number of popular products that we have found using in-depth research and analysis work. The products you find in the article are sold by one or more of our partners. Although these partnerships may influence the range of products in the article, our recommendations are based on an overall assessment of the product.
We evaluate and compare products in the article based on:
- Official and impartial product tests
- Customer reviews and opinions about the product
- Data on user behavior and preferences
- Specifications, characteristics, and disadvantages of the product
- Guarantees, service, and reputation of the dealer
Apart from that, we compare the price and quality of each product and deliver our subjective assessments and recommendations to our readers. The position of the product in the list does not necessarily reflect its quality, as all the products we review are picked as the best choice for certain users.
Fitness Reality 810XLT- Best Cheap Power Rack Overall
The Fitness Reality Squat Rack Power Cage is cheap, sturdy, and can handle heavy weight. It was designed to be safe and user-friendly for beginners who are looking to get into the fitness game without breaking their budget.
- Amazon's Choice in Home Gym Systems
- ASTM tested at 2,000 pounds
- Standard sized 1'' holes
- 【STRONG ASTM TESTED 800 LBS. WEIGHT CAPACITY】- Don't put your safety in the hands of a squat rack that hasn't been tested. Our Squat Rack was ASTM tested at 2,000 pounds in order to get an official weight capacity of 800 pounds.
- 【SOLID STEEL LONG SAFETY ARMS】- Other companies provide hollow tubes, not us. Have peace of mind knowing that our safety arms are solid steel rods, designed to handle heavy weight.
- 【MULTI-GRIP & REVERSIBLE PULLUP BARS】-Wide grip, narrow grip, hammer grip pullups are all available with this power cage. Can be reversed to lower the height of the cage. This is important if you have a lower ceiling.
- 【STANDARD SIZED 1" HOLES】- Makes your squat rack compatible with standard sized attachments such as J hooks, Dip bars, Weight storage bars etc...
- 【TWIN SUPPORT BRACES】-Makes this power cage strong and sturdy. Lower brace also acts as a feet support when using the Low Row Cable attachment
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
It comes with everything you need in order to start your workout, like pull-up bars, padding on the benches so you don’t hurt yourself or the equipment while doing deep exercises like bench press or military presses, color-coded pins for easy adjustment depending on the height of the person using it, and more. You can also add on weight plates and other gym equipment to make your workout more complete. Even though it does not offer as many customization options as premium products, it is versatile enough to provide a great workout. Considering the cheap price, sturdiness, and ability to handle heavy weight makes the Fitness Reality Squat Rack Power Cage a great choice for anyone looking for a power rack and our Best Cheap Power Rack Overall.
Pros and cons for Fitness Reality 810XLT
- Comes with everything you need to start your workout
- Solid steel safety bars.
- color coded pins for easy adjustment
- Not as many customization options as some of the more expensive power racks
What you need to know about the Fitness Reality Squat Rack Power Cage
The Fitness Reality PR-1000 Cheap Power Rack is a great option for those looking for an affordable, yet high-quality power rack. The rack has been ASTM tested at 2,000 pounds in order to receive an official weight capacity of 800 pounds. This makes it a great choice for those who are looking for a heavy-duty power rack that can handle a lot of weight.
Additionally, the safety arms on the rack are made from solid steel rods, ensuring that your workouts will be safe and secure. Another great feature of this rack is the elevated and curved support brace which provides more workout space and eliminates the possibility of tripping over the rack. At such a cheap price, you really can’t go wrong with the Fitness Reality PR-1000 Cheap Power Rack.
For these reasons, the Fitness Reality PR-1000 Cheap Power Rack is Amazon’s Choice in Home Gym Systems, as well as our Best Cheap Power Rack Overall.
- Weight Capacity: 800 lbs
- Spacing of the Adjustment Holes: 1 inch
Rep Power Rack – PR-1000 - Best Cheap Power Rack Overall
The Rep Power Rack – PR-1000 is an affordable, space-saving power rack that is perfect for small home gyms, and with a weight capacity of 1,000 lbs, it can handle just about anything you throw at it.
- 2" hole spacing throughout working area
- Weight horns on the back for added stability
- Includes Power rack with dual pullup bars
- RACK SIZE: 84" x 48" x 48" inches - 58 inches wide at rear bottom brace
- WORKING ROOM: 26 inch inside-to-inside depth and 44 inch width is plenty of working room
- CAPACITY: 1000 lb capacity on bar hooks, 400 lb on pullup bar, 400 lb on dip attachment
- Includes Power rack with dual pullup bars, 1.25 inch standard and 2 inch fat-grip. Does NOT include dip attachment or bench
- Matte black powder coating, plastic-lined j-cups to protect bar knurling, numbered uprights every 5th hole, extra bar holders on front of safeties
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The PR-1000 is an excellent way to get a quality workout without spending a lot of money. Even though it’s our Premium Choice, because it is one of the pricier models on our list, it’s still quite affordable, especially considering the quality you are getting. It has a 1000 lb capacity on bar hooks and 400 lb on pullup bars, so it can accommodate most people’s needs. Optional Lat and Dip attachments are also available if you want more exercises at your disposal. The only downside is that this power rack may rock a bit when using the dip bars, which could be an issue for some users who need stability during dips or squats.
Pros and cons for Rep Power Rack – PR-1000
- Includes 2 plastic covered J hooks and 2 safeties with extended j hooks.
- Dual pull up bars.
- 14 gauge steel.
- May rock a bit when using the dip bars.
What you need to know about the PR-1000
When you’re looking for a high-quality, durable power rack that won’t break the bank, the PR-1000 is the perfect option. With a weight capacity of 1000 lbs, this rack can handle even the most strenuous workouts. The spacing of the adjustment holes is 2 inches, making it easy to find the perfect fit for your body. The 26 inch inside-to-inside depth provides plenty of working room, while the 44 inch width allows you to easily move around in the rack. Additionally, the included dual pullup bars accommodate both standard and fat-grip handles.
If you’re looking to add a lat attachment to your workouts, the optional lat attachment kit easily connects to the back of the rack. This allows you to perform seated lat pulldowns, tricep pushdowns, and low rows with ease. With its superior construction and affordable price, the PR-1000 is the perfect power rack for anyone looking for a quality workout. Cheap doesn’t have to mean sacrificing quality, and this rack proves it.
- Weight Capacity: 1000 lbs
- Spacing of the Adjustment Holes: 2 inches
ROGUE R-3W - Best Space Saving Power Rack
The R-3W is a high-quality power rack that can be folded in or out to save space. It’s sturdy and easy to install, making it a great choice for squats, pull-ups, and other exercises.
- Heavy gauge american steel and hardware
- Available in two depths: 20.5" and 40.5"
- Guaranteed by Rogue for Life.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The Rogue R-3W is a power rack that is perfect for anyone who wants to save space and can’t afford the more expensive models. It has many features that are comparable to racks with much higher prices, but it does not come assembled which means you will need some DIY skills or tools to put it together. All in all, if you want a cheap, high-quality rack, the Rogue R-3W is a great option.
Pros and cons for ROGUE R-3W
- Can be folded inward or outward for space efficiency
- both easy to install and rock solid
- It’s compatible with most Infinity Series accessories
- UHMW plastic caps are attached to the base of each upright to protect your floor
- Assembling can be difficult, as there are no instructions
What you need to know about the ROGUE R-3W
The Rogue R-3W is a high-quality power rack that offers superior strength and durability. It is compatible with many of Rogue’s exclusive accessories, making it a versatile option for any home gym. The holes are laser cut for precision and the heavy-duty hardware ensures maximum strength. The R-3W rack also folds inward or outward to maximize space, making it a great choice for those with limited storage options.
It is slightly more expensive than other power racks on our list, but the quality and features make it worth the investment. It’s also compatible with a lot of Rouge’s accessories, so a perfect foundation to start your home gym. And the lifetime warranty will ensure that you enjoy this piece of equipment for – well – a lifetime.
- Product Weight: 140LB or 160LB
- Length From Wall: 24" or 44"
- Height: 90.375"
- Foot Print: 24" or 44" x 55" (On wall)
TDS Power Rack - Sturdy and Affordable Power Rack
If you’re looking for a quality power rack that will allow you to do a variety of exercises, the TDS 1000 lb. Rated Power Rack is perfect for you! With its sturdy construction and variety of attachments, this rack can help you achieve your fitness goals.
- 2" Sq. Steel Tube Construction
- Professionally Knurled 1 1/8" Chinning Bar
- Designed for use with various attachments
- 2" Sq. Steel Tube Construction HD. J Hooks & 1" Solid Steel Safety Bars included.
- 48.5" x 48" x 82.5" H - 140 lbs Olympic Set & weights are shown for information only-not Included.
- Professionally Knurled 1 1/8" Dia Front Chinning Bar. Designed to add many attachments to convert as a home gym.
- 31 holes 2" apart with numbers for adjustment. 2" distance between holes and numbers are essential for efficient lifting
- TDS has been in business for 44 years. Thousands have been sold all over the world.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The TDS Mega is a great power rack for everyone who wants to get started lifting weights. With 1000 lb weight capacity and 11 gauge steel, this product can handle everything you throw at it. The Solid steel safety bars are great because they add stability and take up less space than the more traditional vertical bar design found in many other racks of this style. The only downside is that the J hooks are not very long, but this can easily be fixed with a few extra minutes of work. Overall, the TDS Mega is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a cheap power rack that will last for years to come.
Pros and cons for TDS Power Rack
- 1000 lb weight capacity.
- 11 gauge steel and Solid steel safety bars.
- Adjustment holes 2 inches apart and numbered.
- The J hooks are not very long.
What you need to know about the TDS Mega
The TDS Mega 1000 lb is a cheap power rack that allows you to do Smith Machine exercises, Bench Presses, Squats, Incline Presses and much more. It comes with a professionally knurled chinning bar that can be attached to the front or back of the rack. This product also has 31 holes that are 2 inches apart, making it easier to adjust and lift weights.
The TDS Mega 1000 lb is made of heavy-duty steel and can support up to 1000 lbs. It is also a great value for the price. Thousands of people have already purchased this product and given it positive reviews on Amazon.com. So, if you are looking for a cheap power rack that is built to last, the TDS Mega 1000 lb is the perfect choice.
- Weight Capacity: 1000 lbs
- Weight: 145 Pounds
- Dimensions: 48.5" x 48" x 82.5"
Body-Solid PPR200X Power Rack- Compact Full Cage Construction
Are you stuck in a rut with your workouts? Looking for a way to add some variety? The Powerline by Body-Solid Power Rack might be just what you need. With 18 positions, 2 heat-tempered lift-offs, and 2 saber-style safety rods, this power rack allows for a variety of exercises, from squats to incline, decline, and military presses.
- 18 adjustment levels
- pillars are a full 24" apart for free motion
- 41" wide knurled chinning bar
- 18 adjustment levels
- Upright pillars are a full 24" apart for free motion
- 41" wide knurled chinning bar
- Maximum capacity is less than 500 lbs.
- Assembled Dimensions: 82"H x 44"L x 46"W
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
If you’re looking for cheap yet versatile power rack, the Body-Solid PPR200X is a great option. It features a wide walk-in design that allows plenty of side-to-side movement. There are many accessories available to purchase like a lat pull down attachment and squat cage. The steel mainframe has 600 pounds capacity with 2 by 2 upright supports made from 12 gauge steel. The only downside is that the spacers are 3 inches apart. But overall, the Body-Solid PPR200X is a great compact power rack for at home use.
Pros and cons for Body-Solid PPR200X Power Rack
- Knurled chin up bar.
- Heat tempered lifts off and two saber style safety bars included.
- Many accessories available for purchase like a lat pull down.
- 2 by 2 upright supports are made from 12 gauge steel.
- Spacers are 3 inches apart.
What you need to know about the Body-Solid PPR200X
The Body Solid PPR200X Power Rack is an essential tool for safe weightlifting at home. The power rack offers a way to safely do squats, incline presses, flat bench, shoulder shrugs and more. This affordable rack features solid steel construction with 600-pound capacity and can be assembled in about 20 minutes. It’s also heavy duty, with a durable powder coat finish.
Some similar racks on the market include the Fitness Reality 810XLT and the Titan T-2 Squat Rack. The Fitness Reality 810XLT is a bit cheaper, but it’s also weaker, with only a 500-pound weight capacity. It also doesn’t have as many features as the Body Solid PPR200X. The Titan T-2 Squat Rack is a bit more expensive, but it has a 700-pound weight capacity and is made from heavier-gauge steel. It’s also easier to assemble than the Fitness Reality 810XLT.
This rack has overwhelmingly positive customer reviews. Some customers say that this power rack is one of the best they’ve ever used, and it’s a great value for the price. Others say that it’s very sturdy and easy to assemble. Ultimately, the Body Solid PPR200X is a great choice for anyone looking for an affordable, durable and feature-rich power rack.
The lift-offs are tempered solid steel too, which means they are simply stronger than other safety bars and J hooks out there. Even the pull up bar is solid, holding both a tall guy and weighted dip belt without wobble. Pretty impressive at this price.
- Weight Capacity: 600 lbs.
- Dimensions: 45"L x 47"W x 82"H
- Adjustments: Every 3"
Best Fitness Power Rack
This power rack is put together well, with sturdy welds, 14 Gauge steel, and solid steel safety bars.
Plus, this inexpensive power rack is powder coated with high-quality epoxy enamel that will protect it and keep it looking new.
Weight Capacity: 500 lbs
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Made from heavy 14-gauge strength steel
- SAFETY: The Body-Solid Best Fitness Power Rack helps weightlifters with training safely and effectively at home. Includes 2 adjustable lift-offs and 2 full-length safety bars
- CAPACITY: Rack weights 117 pounds and supports up to 500 pounds
- DIMENSIONS: The Body-Solid Fitness Power Rack measures 45 x 47 x 83 inches
- SECURITY: Body-Solid's Power Racks and gear sets the standard in home gym equipment.
Pros and cons for Best Fitness Power Rack
- 2 solid metal safety bars and 2 solid metal lift offs included.
- Protective powder coat finish.
- Plastic pads/sliders on the feet of the rack to protect floors.
- 3” adjustment spacing.
More about Best Fitness Power Rack
A good basic power rack at an affordable price.
Goplus Adjustable Power Rack
This power squat rack is ideal for home gym use by lifters who lift under 300 lbs. The rack is a very inexpensive way to make your lifts safer.
Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Adjustable Positions with 4 Safety Support Bars---The barbell training rack is equipped with durable bar supports. The bars can be adjustable to fit different basement, which allows you to lift heavy weights safely and store your barbells tidily.
- Heavy Duty Construction---Goplus barbell rack is made of steel frame with a scratch proof powder coated finish, resist rust and corrosion, added extra durability and designed for long-term use.
- Solid Pull up Bars---The pull up bar is made of 51” solid steel with a weight capacity to 450 lbs. The bar design is very suitable to train your upper back, shoulder and arm muscles and keep fitness.
- Two liftoffs & Two Safety Rods---Plate loading for pulling up offers a full range of shoulder motion while the lower row pulley can be used for seated rows, upright rows and curls by using the foam cross bar. Helps to build a wider, beefier Back and stronger, bigger Biceps and Triceps.
- All-in-one Exercise Station---Your military, chest, back, arm and legs muscles can be well trained with this all-in-one exercise equipment. As well as it has a compact size to save your space and can act as your home gym.
Pros and cons for Goplus Adjustable Power Rack
- Includes 2 J hooks.
- Rubber feet protect the floor of your home.
- All steel parts are powder coated.
- J hooks are a bit short.
More about Goplus Adjustable Power Rack
Super cheap power rack and squat rack for the casual lifter.
Titan Fitness T-3 Series- Great Power Rack for Tall People
Easily one of the most popular starter budget level power racks available, the Titan T3 is a solid option for your home gym done on a shoestring.
- Available in 82 or 91-inch models
- Compatible with a series of accessories
- Rackable capacity of 1,100-pounds
- T-3 SERIES POWER RACK: Available in 82 or 91-inch models, comes standard with (4) laser-cut steel uprights with Westside hole spacing through the bench and clean pull zone, 2-inch spacing above and below, 6-inch side hole spacing throughout entire upright, and (4) steel side bracings for optimal stability.
- SIDE BRACING DEPTH: Customize your Power Rack with 24 or 36-inch depth side bracings with laser-cut holes spaced 2-inches on the center. The bracings include 7.5 x 2-inch endplates that mount 6-inches on center and are powder-coated black.
- ALL-IN-ONE GYM SOLUTION: Features laser-cut holes along the sides of the uprights to allow your power rack to be compatible with a series of accessories that will squeeze every ounce out of your workout routines. Take your workouts even further and add more variety to your power rack with accessories built specifically for the T-3 Series Power Rack.
- DESIGNED SAFE. DESIGNED STRONG.: You are never more vulnerable as an athlete than when working out heavy, let alone maxing out. Our T-3 Series Power Rack has a rackable capacity of 1,100-pounds and a total rack capacity up to 4,400-pounds, ensuring that you have all the support you could ever need throughout your workout.
- HARDWARE INCLUDED: Each unit comes with all the hardware you need to assemble your power rack. For safety reasons, Titan recommends a two-person assembly for all home or garage gym power racks.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
If you’re looking for a cheap power rack to help accommodate tall people, the Titan Fitness T-3 might be what you’re looking for. This particular model is 83” tall and includes 2 J hooks at the top and a chin up bar on one side. The weight posts at the bottom of this rig are great if your goal is to store weights and stabilize the rack. Keep in mind though that there is no lat pull down accessory available. All in all, this power rack is a great option for tall people on a budget.
Pros and cons for Titan Fitness T-3 Series
- Includes 2 J hooks and chin-up bar.
- 83” tall, good for tall people, but not low ceilings.
- Weight rack posts at the bottom to store weights and stabilize the rig.
- No lat pull down accessory available.
What you need to know about the Titan Fitness T-3
The Titan Fitness T-3 Series Power Rack is not just cheap, but it also versatile. It has laser carved slots on the sides and 6 holes in front of the rack to accommodate a range of specialty items such as dip stations or lat pulldowns. It offers maintenance free uprights for low cost, yet durable use.
This power rack is easy to assemble, is simple to use, and has a weight capacity of 1100 lbs. This rack also offers a variety of other features, such as 2 inch spacing above and below, 2 adjustable lift-offs, and full-length safety bars. With all these features, the Titan Fitness T-3 Series Power Rack is an excellent value for your money when looking for a power rack that is cheap and durable. When compared to the Rogue R-3, it is nearly identical in features but is much cheaper in price.
In addition, when compared to the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym, this rack offers more weight capacity (1,100 lbs vs. 600 lbs) as well as a variety of other features for a much cheaper price. The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym may be more aesthetically pleasing, but it simply cannot compare to the features offered in the Titan Fitness T-3 Series Power Rack. So, if you are looking for a cheap and durable power rack, the Titan Fitness T-3 Series Power Rack is an excellent option that should not be overlooked.
A Customer Favourite
Customers who have bought the Titan Fitness T-3 Series Power Rack seem to be very happy with the purchase. On Amazon, the rack has a 4.5 star rating, with over 60% of customers giving it 5 stars. Similarly, on Google Shopping, the rack has a 4.8 star rating, with over 85% of customers giving it 5 stars. Customers love the cheap price, the durability, and the variety of features offered in this rack.
- Item Weight: 186 Pounds
- Weight Capacity: 1100 lbs
- Holes Spacing: 2 inches
Yaheetech Adjustable Squat Rack- Perfect Squat Rack for Beginners
These are easy to assemble and are a compact solution for casual lifters and those just getting started who want an inexpensive option.
- 14 adjustable safety pins on each post
- Small in size and easy to store
- Anti-slip feet pads protect your floor
- Practical:Ideal for squats and bench presses - Suitable for use with both standard and Olympic sized bars.
- High Quality: Squat dumbbell racks stands are made of heavy duty 50mm steel tube frame; Max. Load 441 lb / 200 kg.
- Anti-skid:The barbell bench press stands feet pads equipped with anti-skid to avoid damage to the floor, which also increased the security.
- Adjustable:The barbell stands have 14 adjustable safety pins on each post to help you adjust to the appropriate height to meet your need（5cm gaps）; adjustable Height 45-70.5inch / 114-179 cm.
- Safe & Secure:For added safety and stability, this adjustable squat rack uses selective metal nuts paired with quality washers.Please use a wrench to fasten the nuts. Nuts cannot be fully tightened by hand.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The Yaheetech Adjustable Squat Rack is cheap, compact and perfect for beginners. It features adjustable spotters, 5 centimeters between each adjustment, barbell shelf on top, rubber feet that protect your flooring from scratches and scuffs. Although the J hooks are a little short and it must be completely level to stay stable, this rack is a great option for those on a budget who are just starting out with weightlifting.
Pros and cons for Yaheetech Adjustable Squat Rack
- Adjustable spotters, 5 centimeters between each adjustment.
- Barbell shelf on top.
- Rubber feet protect the floors in your home.
- The J hooks are a little short and the stand must be completely level to be stable.
What you need to know about the Yaheetech
The Yaheetech Pair of Adjustable Squat Rack is cheap and durable, making it a stylish power rack for any fitness enthusiast. It has a max. load of 441lb, which is less than others on our list, but still more than enough for the average person and most folks that work out in their garage or basement gym. It also compares favorably to cheap power racks made by Titan (264lbs), Vulcan (330lbs), and Bowflex (400lbs).
The best part about this cheap power rack? It’s price. You can purchase it for a fraction of the cost of other racks on the market. The feet pads are also a nice touch, as they’re equipped with anti-skid to avoid damage to the floor and increase security. All in all, the Yaheetech Pair of Adjustable Squat Rack is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a cheap but reliable power rack.
The people who chose this rack left it mainly good reviews (which also made it the “Amazon’s Choice” in its category). Most people are very happy with their purchase, but a few have mentioned that the feet pads do not stay in place. But overall, this is a great cheap squat rack that will serve you well.
- Weight Capacity: 460 lbs
- Dimensions: 21.46 x 19.88 x 70.47 inches
- Item Weight: 43.9 Pounds
Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack
The Merax Power Rack is a great addition to any home workout, as it provides safety and multiple exercise options at a more than affordable price.
- Knurled multi-grip bars for pull up variation
- Can be bolted to the floor
- 2 full length safety bars and 2 dip bars
- 🏋️ 2"x 2" sturdy steel gauge and 4 solid steel chrome adjustable weight bar supports
- 🏋️ Built-in pull up bar, safety spotter, lat pull down, and a low row attachment for various workout options, including Bench Press, Barbell Press, Lat Pulldown, Chin-up, Shoulder Press, Squat Rack, etc. All-in-one Merax Body Power Rack
- 🏋️ 21 variable positions for wide bar supports ranging in height from 17.5” to 68”
- 🏋️ Foam covered utility bar used for curls or other accessories. Valuable add-on for your home squat cage fitness equipment.
- 🏋️ Solid Steel Chrome pull up bar with knurled grips. Home squat rack construction stands 85” tall with an inside depth of 45”. Note: Dumbbell and bench in picture are not included.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
This power rack is a great option for those looking to save money and still get the benefits of weight training. The wide cage, large working space, solid steel safety bars, and rated capacity of 800 lbs make it one of the best cheap power racks on the market. If you are finding your current fitness equipment doesn’t offer enough resistance or space, the Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack is a great option to consider. Although it has a few minor drawbacks, such as the catches being uneven and causing the barbell to roll forward slightly, for the price it is an excellent purchase.
Pros and cons for Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack
- Includes lat pull attachment, knurled lat bar and padded utility bars.
- Wide cage, large working space.
- Solid steel safety bars, rated for 800 lbs.
- The catches are uneven causing the barbell to roll forward a bit. A get aftermarket J
What you need to know about the Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack
The Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack is the perfect piece of equipment for doing a variety of exercises around your home. With 2″x 3″ sturdy steel supports, this fitness power rack can handle any weight load up to 770 LBS. The pull up bar has a max capacity of 400LBS, while the j-cups, safety bar, and dip bar can each hold up to 772 LBS. This fitness power rack also has a knurled multi-grip bar, allowing for multiple pull up variations.
The construction of the Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack is 85.8″ tall with an inside depth of 56.1”, making it a good fit for most users. The price is low to medium range, making it a great value for the features it offers. Compared to other fitness power racks on the market, the Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack is a great option for anyone looking for an affordable and durable piece of equipment.
Customers rated the rack on Amazon mostly with 4 or 5 stars. They love the cheap price and the fact that it comes with a pull up bar and J cups. Some disliked that it doesn’t come with a dip bar, but you can buy one separately if you need it. Overall, customers seem to love the Merax and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap, space-saving power rack.
- Weight Capacity: up to 770 LBS
- Dimensions: 85.8" x 56.1”
Body Champ Launch Bench- 2-Piece Power Rack Home Fitness Setup
This cheap power rack is perfect for the ultimate at-home workout. With its bench set, you can crush strength training, cardio, and HIIT. It’s the perfect piece of fitness equipment for anyone looking to get in shape from the comfort of their own home.
- Choose from 12 seated position settings
- no-pinch design will prevent injury
- 4 built-in floor anchors for more stability
- ALL-IN-ONE: Body Champ's Launch Bench Set has everything you need for the ultimate at-home workout. With our bench set, you can crush strength training, cardio, and HIIT. This is the piece of at-home fitness equipment you've been looking for.
- TOTAL PACKAGE: We didn't leave anything out that you'll need to have an incredible workout. Choose from 12 seated position settings, adjustable bar racks, plate storage, and a built-in pull-up bar.
- MAXIMUM SAFETY : Our no-pinch design will prevent injury from hands and grips when stowing and retrieving bars from overhead. Additionally, we've provided 2 adjustable safety catches. This keeps you safe during your workout.
- STURDY WITH ANCHOR OPTIONS: Our bench set and frame can hold up to 300 lbs. of user weight. We've provided you with 4 built-in floor anchors for additional mounting and stability.
- MOBILE AND EASY TO STORE: For easy mobility and storage, there are 2 wheels and an easy-to-lift lever attached to the removable seat. You can rearrange, wheel around, or store the bench without breaking a sweat.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The Body Champ Launch Bench Set with 2-Piece Power Rack is a great choice for beginners who are tight on space and on a budget. This set includes 4 peg hook catches, a pull up bar, and can be used with 6 foot or 7 foot barbells. However, due to its comparably low weight capacity of 300 lbs, this product is not recommended for very heavy weights.
Pros and cons for Body Champ Launch Bench
- Includes 4 peg hook catches.
- Includes pull up bar.
- Use with 6 foot or 7 foot barbells.
- Not for very heavy weights.
What you need to know about the Body Champ Launch Bench Set
The Body Champ Launch Bench Set is perfect for those who want a cheap power rack without sacrificing quality or features. This set comes with a bench, two adjustable bar racks, and plate storage. The 12 seated position settings and built-in pull-up bar make it versatile enough for any workout routine, while the 4 built-in floor anchors add stability and safety. The no-pinch design prevents injury from hands and grips when stowing and retrieving bars from overhead. For easy mobility and storage, there are 2 wheels and an easy-to-lift lever attached to the removable seat.
You can rearrange, wheel around, or store the bench without breaking a sweat. At a fraction of the price of other power racks on the market, the Body Champ Launch Bench Set is a great value for the price.
This set is also an “Amazon’s Choice” in its category, because of its quality, as well as the customer ratings. Customers seem to like it because it is versatile and has a lot of features for the price. There are only a few complaints about this product, but they are mostly about how difficult it is to put together. Overall, customers seem to be happy with their purchase and would recommend it to others.
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Dimensions: 56.3 x 42.13 x 81.89 inches
Valor Fitness BD-9- Independent Power Squat Stands with Adjustable Uprights
Looking for a cheap power rack that can accommodate bench presses? Look no further than the Squat Stand with Independent Uprights! This rack is not only affordable and compact, but also adjustable between 10 different heights and comes with a three-position adjustable base for larger footprints.
- 13-gauge steel with 2x2” tubing for strength
- Uprights adjust between 10 different heights
- Adjustable base for more stability
- HEAVY DUTY- Constructed of 13-gauge steel with 2” x 2” tubing for strength and durability. Rubber end caps encase each foot for added stability and floor protection.
- VERSATILE- Mainly functions as a squat stand, but with independent uprights it can easily accommodate a bench to perform bench presses. Storage pegs add functionality to the unit and make it more stable when loaded with plates.
- ADJUSTABLE- Uprights adjust between 10 different heights from 49.5” to 75” tall. Also included are adjustable safety catches from 24.75” to 38.5” in 11 different positions.
- EXPANDABLE FOOT BASE- 3 position adjustable base for larger footprint to add more stability. Minimum length of foot base is 20”, with a maximum of 28”.
- ADDITIONAL- Meant for home gym or light-commercial use. Max weight load of 350 lb. directed downward. Storage pegs compatible with EX-10 Olympic Adapter Sleeve (sold separately).
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The Valor Fitness BD-9 is a cheap power rack that is perfect for beginners. It includes adjustable bar supports, 2 hook catches, and 2 safety catches, Each stand has one weight peg for both weight storage and rack stabilization. The height of the stand can be adjusted to accommodate both short and tall users, but adjusting the height is time-consuming. Overall, the Valor Fitness BD-9 is a cheap and adjustable power rack that is perfect for people who are just starting out or who do not have a lot of space to spare.
Pros and cons for Valor Fitness BD-9
- Includes adjustable bar supports, 2 hook catches, and 2 safety catches.
- Each stand has one weight peg for both weight storage and rack stabilization.
- Adjustable to accommodate both short and tall users.
- Adjusting the height of the stand is time consuming.
What you need to know about the Valor Fitness BD-9
The Valor Fitness BD-9 power rack is a cheap, yet reliable solution for those looking to add some weightlifting to their routine. This squat stand features a sturdy frame with a weight capacity of 350 lb, which is lower than the average cheap rack, but still enough for most users.
It also comes with two safety catches that can be used in the event that the lift cannot be completed, and two bar holders that can be used to rack your barbell. Additionally, it also has two dip handles for added versatility. The BD-9 is a reliable, cheap solution for those looking for a basic power rack that can also be stored pretty much anywhere.
People like the Valor Fitness BD-9 because it is cheap and has a lot of features. They say it is very stable and has a good weight capacity. Some people say that it is not as good as other power racks, but for the price, it is a great buy. Overall, people seem to be happy with their purchase. 4.5/5 stars on Amazon and 88% of users would recommend it on Google.
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 28 x 52.5 inches
Marcy MWM-7041- Best Home Gym Cage System
This home gym system is made of heavy-duty steel. Finished with a powder coating, the steelwork effectively resists damage from intense use, making it an investment that’s built to last!
- Very durable steel frame with powder coating
- Includes a kettlebell and dumbbell rack
- Perfect for total body workouts
- SOLID STEEL CONSTRUCTION – This home gym system boasts a highly durable steel frame reinforced with a powder coating, ing its ability to withstand intense use. It generates a 1: 1 ratio of resistance from weights loaded on the sliding post.
- HIGH AND LOW PULLEY – This is equipped with a high and low pulley along with a lat and triceps bar. Use the higher pulley for exercises such as ab crunch, lat pushdown and pull-down, meanwhile perform hip abduction, squat and row using the lower pulley.
- OPEN CAGE DESIGN – Featuring a spacious workout station, this high-performing equipment includes a kettlebell and dumbbell rack plus weight plate storage to let you organize your free-weights on the machine within easy reach.
- ALL-IN-ONE STATION – This complete exercise system features an innovative structure that combines arm and leg station, making it great for strengthening different muscle groups and executing comprehensive total body workouts.
- 2-YEAR MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED – This workout equipment comes with a two-year limited to let you get the most out of your investment. This reliable gear is to be an excellent addition to your home gym.
Garage Gym Power's Takeaway
The Marcy MWM-7041 is a cheap power rack that offers a variety of features for people who want whole-body workouts. The rack has a relatively small footprint, and it includes a kettlebell and dumbbell rack plus weight plate storage. It also combines an arm and leg station. However, the rack is not suited for outdoor gyms, but if you are looking for a workout station for your garage or basement, then this might be the best option.
Pros and cons for Marcy MWM-7041
- 2 year warranty
- combines arm and leg station
- Includes a kettlebell and dumbbell rack plus weight plate storage
- Relatively small footprint considering the various features
- not suited for outdoor gyms
What you need to know about the Marcy MWM-7041
The Marcy MWM-7041 is a cheap workout station that includes a power rack, but also a lot of other features. It can hold up to 300 pounds, has adjustable safety and bar catches, and comes with a pull-up bar.
It also has a high and low pulley system, making it perfect for compound exercises like squats and bench presses. The open cage design makes it easy to get in and out of, and the 1:1 ratio of resistance means that you can use heavier weights when doing squats and bench presses. The Marcy MWM-7041 is a great power rack that is perfect for anyone looking for an entry-level home workout station with a power rack.
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Dimensions: 56"L x 61"W x 85"H
Is it Even Possible to get a Cheap but Good Power Rack for Your Home Gym?
Are you risking life, limb and dignity if you go with an economy power rack?
I say no.
There are a few decent, safe and respectable power racks that can be had for less than 300 dollars.
A few of the biggest differences between a cheaper rack and more expensive racks are the steel gauge, its actual weight and stability, and the included accessories and extras.
We will talk about gauge and extras in a minute, but let’s look at stability.
Less expensive racks like the Titan T2 often have weight racks at the bottom to store plates and add weight and stability to the rack. If you chose a less expensive rack, look for this feature.
Another thing to consider:
A cheap power rack is safer for lifting than NO power rack, especially if you lift at home with no spotter.
Looking for a power rack for serious heavy lifting?
Check out our reviews of the best power rack under 1000 dollars in our article on the best power racks and squat racks here.
What gauge cage should you buy?
The thickness of metal that a power rack is made of is referred to as its gauge. The lower the gauge number, the thicker the metal. Most power racks are made with 10 or 11-gauge steel, which is strong and durable. However, if you are looking for a power rack that is extra sturdy, you may want to consider a model with a lower gauge number.
There are a few different gauge types to choose from when purchasing a power rack. Here is a breakdown of the different gauges and what they are best used for:
- 10-gauge power racks are strong and durable, making them perfect for heavy-duty use.
- 11-gauge power racks are also strong and durable but are a bit lighter than 10-gauge power racks. This makes them a good choice for people who want a power rack that is easy to move around.
- 12-gauge power racks are not as strong as 10 or 11-gauge power racks, but they are still durable. This gauge is a good choice for people who want a power rack that is not as hea-vy as the others.
Like what you see?
Sign up for the newsletter and get reviews, fitness news and more, all delivered right to your inbox!
The power rack is an important piece of equipment used in weightlifting and powerlifting. They can cost quite a lot, but as we have shown there are a few decent, safe and respectable power racks that can be had for less than 300 dollars.
If you are a pro and looking for something larger and sturdier, then take a look at our Best Power Racks, but as far as cheap one go – we’ve shown you the best ones.
Previously Highlighted Products - Now Discontinued
Below, you’ll find products that we reviewed and highlighted in the past, but are now discontinued. We were unable to find dealers that still sell them, but have kept them in the article because the information could still benefit you as a reader.