TOP 12 Best Gluten Free Protein Powders Reviewed 2023
Isn’t it awesome how many protein powder options are at your disposal these days?
There are dairy-based ones, plant-based ones and ones made with a combination of different ingredients.
And, if that’s not interesting enough, did you know that whichever of the categories I mentioned you go with, you’ll most likely find excellent gluten free options?
Let’s take a look at 12 of the best gluten free protein powder products in the market today!
- Top 12 Gluten Free Protein Powders Reviewed 2023
- 100% Pure Whey Isolate Protein Powder
- Legion Whey+ Whey Protein Powder
- BiPro Whey Protein Isolate Supplement
- Opportuniteas Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder
- Sunwarrior Classic Plus Protein Powder
- Naked Whey Protein Powder
- Organic Vegan Protein Powder
- Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal
- Genuine Muscle Milk Protein Powder
- Raw Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder
- Designer Protein LITE
- Natural Force Organic Whey Protein Powder
- Quick Introduction to Gluten Free Protein Powders
- The Bottom Line: Going Gluten Free is Easy
Top 12 Gluten Free Protein Powders Reviewed 2023
100% Pure Whey Isolate Protein Powder
- 100% GRASS-FED WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE: One of the purest forms of proteins, our whey protein isolate is sourced from grass-fed cattle with access to pastures in the USA that are GMO-free, hormone-free, and chemical-free. Packed with superb nutrition, our protein isolate doesn't contain any additives, artificial sweeteners or bulking agents. Please keep stored in a cool location.
- HIGH PROTEIN PERFORMANCE: With the highest bioavailability of protein powders, our isolate contains 90% protein (24g) in one scoop with essential amino acids to help achieve your fitness goals. Being the purest and highest forms of protein, our whey protein isolate is commonly used by bodybuilders and athletes to achieve muscles, weight loss, and enhanced immunity.
- GLUTEN-FREE & LACTOSE-FREE: Sourced from naturally-fed cows, our ripped whey protein isolate is soy-free, gluten-free, and lactose-free, and contains zero carbs making it a perfect choice for keto diets. Each serving of whey isolate contains a super dose of protein with no added sugar or fat, to support your fitness needs.
- UNDENATURED & COLD-PROCESSED: Our whey isolate undergoes a cross-flow micro-filtration system to maintain protein integrity without fillers or unnecessary ingredients. The whey protein isolate is cold-processed and undenatured (no change in physical properties) to ensure no contamination from chemicals, additives, and heavy metals. Tested to meet stringent quality and safety guidelines, we assure quality, purity, and safety with our products for good health.
- MIXES INSTANTLY AND TASTES GREAT: Fuel your gym workout with whey protein isolate that is easy to mix in pre and post-workout shakes, smoothies, meal replacements, and can be used in baking too for an immediate protein boost. The protein isolate tastes delicious and doesn’t leave bitterness or chalky aftertaste in the mouth while providing nutrition to enhance your body’s performance, muscle mass, and post-exercise recovery.
Review: With 85% protein content per gram, Origin 100% Pure Whey Isolate by Pure Label Nutrition is one of the most concentrated gluten-free products on this list.
And since it is 100% pure whey isolate, it’s also free from lactose, so it works great for people who are intolerant to the substance.
- Loaded with 24 grams of protein in every 28.4-gram scoop.
- Does not cause bloating.
- Has zero soy, gluten, fillers, lactose and GMO ingredients.
- Excellent bioavailability.
- Comes in two delicious flavors: chocolate and vanilla.
- Contains artificial flavors.
- Can be too sweet for some people.
Whey has always been popular among fitness enthusiasts of all levels, but the fact that not all options are lactose and gluten free does not make it a viable option for everyone.
This product fixes all that. It’s not only 100% free from lactose, but also contains absolutely no gluten.
Just match it with a good pre-workout, and you have everything you need to get more out of each training session.
Don’t know what to get? I’ve compiled a list of the best organic pre-workouts for you!
Legion Whey+ Whey Protein Powder
- Pure Whey Protein Chocolate in Every Scoop: LEGION Whey+ Whey Isolate Protein Powder is made from 100% whey protein isolate, a concentrated form of protein with virtually no fat or carbs; This means that our high whey protein powder has no “wasted” calories for better digestibility; Our high-quality protein powder is meticulously sourced from small dairy farms in Ireland where cows are grass-fed & free of hormones & antibiotics to ensure that you're getting only the best in every scoop
- Get Fit with WHEY+: Our pure whey protein powder isolate is great for those who value natural & healthy ingredients; You can feel confident that you're fueling your body with only the best because our protein powder whey supplement is non-GMO, lactose-free, & sugar-free, ideal for people who are following a low-carb diet; With WHEY+, you can enjoy the benefits of a high-quality protein powder without any of the unwanted additives
- Supports Muscle Growth & Recovery: Our protein powder whey isolate contains an abundance of essential amino acids, including branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs); These are crucial for muscle growth & repair & can help you achieve your fitness goals faster; Packed with 22g of protein, our pure protein whey powder contains only about 100 calories per serving, which means it's virtually pure protein & is a convenient & easy way to help build & maintain muscle mass
- Cup of Delicious Goodness: Isolate whey protein powder is a pure protein source that can help you achieve your fitness goals without the unnecessary junk; It contains no hormones, artificial ingredients, or added sugars, making it a great option for anyone who wants to maintain a healthy lifestyle; Our pure whey protein isolate powder has high-quality protein whey isolate which makes it more delicious & easier to add into your diet; Simply mix a scoop with water or your favorite milk & enjoy
- The Man Behind the Brand: Mike Mathews is an international bestselling fitness author with over a million books sold, & the co-founder of Muscle for Life & Legion Athletics; In his own words, “I founded Legion to bring something new & unique to the supplement world, because let’s face it, the last thing we need is yet another line of flashy, hyped-up, bogus pills & powders”
Review: Packed with 22 grams of protein and additional leucine in every delicious 28.9-gram serving, Legion Whey+ Whey Protein is regarded by some as the best gluten free protein powder for weight gain in the market today.
It’s loaded with everything you need to get bigger faster.
- Excellent 76% protein content in every gram.
- Loaded with extra leucine to improve muscle protein synthesis.
- 100% free from gluten and GMO ingredients.
- Comes in eight flavors: chocolate, cookes & cream, chocolate peanut, strawberry banana, mint chocolate, mocha cappuccino, vanilla and unflavored.
- Has only 3 grams of carbs per serving.
- Contains lactose and soy.
- Can be too sweet for some people.
If you’re looking for a product to help you get bigger and stronger faster, then you should definitely check Legion Whey+ Whey Protein out.
It doesn’t only have excellent protein content per gram, it’s also packed with extra leucine to help supercharge your progress.
And, as a bonus, it’s also considered as one of the best tasting gluten free protein powder products around.
But that’s not all.
With 136 mg of calcium in every serving, it’s also regarded by some people as the best gluten free protein powder for women because it can help prevent osteoporosis.
BiPro Whey Protein Isolate Supplement
- Whey Protein Isolate
- Low Carbohydrates, Sugar Free, Fat Free
- Naturally Flavored
- NSF Certified for Sport, Kosher
- Naturally Sweetened
Review: With 20 grams of protein in every 25-gram scoop, the biPro Whey Protein Isolate is as good a protein powder as they come.
It contains all nine essential amino acids and packs 4.7 grams of the BCAAs valine, leucine and isoleucine per serving, giving your body everything it needs to build more muscle.
- 80% protein content per gram.
- Has a complete amino acid profile.
- Contains absolutely no gluten, lactose, caffeine and added sugar.
- Has less than 1 gram of carbs per serving.
- Good source of muscle-building BCAAs.
- Flavored version can be a bit too sweet.
- Sweetener leaves aftertaste that may take time to get used to.
You’re here because you want to build more muscle, right?
Then you should definitely give this product a shot. It not only has excellent protein content per gram, but also a complete amino acid profile and BCAAs.
Also, it’s considered by some people as the best gluten free protein powder for weight loss, thanks to the fact that it has less than one gram of carb and only 90 calories per serving.
Opportuniteas Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder
- PREMIUM PROTEIN POWDER - Our grass fed whey protein is unflavored and we truly mean it. We don’t add any sugar, sweeteners, preservatives, colors, or flavorings. The lack of a distinct taste makes it ideal for people who don't like flavored protein powders.
- MADE THE RIGHT WAY - Our pure whey protein isolate is made from the milk from grass fed, hormone-free cows raised in New Zealand. Low-temperature drying techniques give it a better taste and texture compared to ordinary whey protein. Because we instantize our protein with sunflower lecithin it’s incredibly easy to mix and you won’t experience clumping in your drinks and recipes.
- 28g PROTEIN - Each serving gives you 28 grams of all natural protein to replenish your body. Support strong muscles and fast recovery from exercise. Whey protein isolate is the perfect pre or post workout booster for your next shake, smoothie, drink, juice, cooking, or baking recipe.
- ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS - Our ingredient list is 99% pure grass fed whey protein isolate, and for easy mixing, we add <1% lecithin from non-GMO sunflower. You get exactly what you need, pure protein, without any artificial fillers or flavors to get in the way.
- EASY TO DIGEST – Simple ingredients means no upset stomach! Opportuniteas whey protein Isolate is made from truly natural and organic ingredients designed to make protein powder easy to digest. Non-GMO and gluten-free protein powder is great for people who have a sensitive stomach.
Review: Thought Pure Label Nutrition Origin’s 85% protein content per gram is the highest we’ll go today?
Not even close.
Opportuniteas Grass-fed Whey Protein Isolate takes things to a whole new level with its 90% total protein content. You’d be hard-pressed to find alternatives with more at the same price point.
- 27 grams of protein in every 30-gram serving.
- Made with 99% pure grass-fed whey protein.
- Absolutely free from gluten and GMO-ingredients.
- Cold processed for better taste and texture.
- Easier to mix, thanks to the added lecithin from non-GMO sunflowers.
- Has a bit of flavor even though it’s supposed to be flavorless.
- Sturdiness of packaging can still be improved.
If high protein content is what you’re looking for, then this product is one of the best you can get for the price.
Just take note that it doesn’t really taste neutral despite being labeled flavorless, and for some reason, it doesn’t mix as well as other products despite the added lecithin.
Sunwarrior Classic Plus Protein Powder
- Classic Plus protein is packed with 5 powerful superfood sources. It is gentle on digestion and includes plenty of potent BCAAs and essential amino acids, natural fiber, vitamins, and minerals. This enlightened nutrition is a perfect fit for the discerning warrior, who expects a protein to taste as amazing as it makes them feel.
- Classic Plus has 17-20 grams of protein per serving, and Classic Plus’s protein comes from Quinoa, Brown Rice, Pea, Amaranth, and Chia. We are committed to delivering the highest quality ingredients in our products that are nutritious and good for your body which is why we mix, blend, and package our own products in Southern Utah where we can closely monitor every batch!
- USDA Organic Certified, 17 to 20 Grams of protein per serving (varies by flavor), Complete Amino Acid profile, 5 Organic Superfoods, Builds muscle, Gentle on digestion, Great taste and texture, Fit and Lean formula with 100 calories and 4g carbs or less per serving, Sprouted and fermented ingredients.
- Sunwarrior has your best health in mind with every ingredient we acquire, and every formula and flavor we create. Where most companies are looking for the bottom line, we refuse to cut corners because we know you deserve clean, quality products every time with no shortcuts.
- The exact amount of protein you need every day is dependent on several factors: How much you weigh, your gender, your physical activity, age, muscle mass, and overall health. With all that in mind, the general consensus among health experts is that the average woman needs 46 grams and the average man needs 56 grams. Consuming a daily protein shake will help you reach the recommended amounts.
Review: Looking for variety? Then you should definitely check Sunwarrior Classic Protein Plus out.
It gets its 72% protein content from a proprietary blend of plant-based superfoods: peas, quinoa, brown rice, amaranth and chia seeds.
- Loaded with 18 grams of protein per 25-gram serving.
- Made with five high-quality protein sources.
- Available in three flavors: chocolate, natural and vanilla.
- 100% organic, vegan and non-GMO.
- Free from dairy, soy, added sugar and gluten.
- Doesn’t have the best flavor and texture.
- Does not mix easily.
If you’re a fan of plant-based protein sources, then this product is perfect for you.
It uses a total of five high-quality completely vegan ingredients to provide you with a whopping 18 grams of protein per serving.
Naked Whey Protein Powder
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Grass Fed Pure Whey Protein with zero additives. Naked Whey no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO-Free, No rBGH or rBST, Soy Free and Gluten-Free.
- ALL NATURAL WHEY: Our Grass Fed Whey is sourced from small dairy farms in Idaho & Northern California to bring you a non-denatured whey packed full of essential amino acids, clean protein and glutathione.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 25g of Protein, 2g of Sugar, 3g of Carbs, 120 Calories, and 5.9g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- COLD PROCESSED: Unlike most whey protein powders, Naked Whey is cold processed to ensure zero contamination from chemical detergents (no acid or bleach), synthetic additives, or heavy metals, and this maintains important naturally occurring growth factors.
- THE PERFECT WORKOUT PARTNER: Use a blender to create your own flavors for pre and post workout whey shakes and smoothies. Because Naked Whey has only 1 ingredient, use it to bake high protein recipes and take your muscle gains and recovery to new heights.
Review: If purity is what you want, then you’d be hard-pressed to find a better product than Naked Whey.
Its unflavored variant is literally just made with one ingredient: 100% premium grass-fed whey protein.
But even its aptly named Less Naked flavored variants only add no more than two extra all-natural ingredients to the mix.
- Loaded with 25 grams of protein per 37-gram serving.
- Made with all-natural ingredients.
- 100% free from soy, gluten, growth hormones and GMO ingredients.
- Does not use artificial colors, flavors and sweeteners.
- Third party tested for heavy metal content.
- Can be difficult to mix.
- Virtually flavorless, so you can’t consume it on its own.
Not a big fan of artificial additives in your protein powder?
Then you should definitely give this product a shot. It has everything you need to make gains and absolutely none of what you don’t.
Organic Vegan Protein Powder
- Build Lean Muscle the Natural Way: Enjoy creamy, organic goodness with our keto protein powder for women and men. Its 10 nutrient-dense, bioavailable plant protein sources, and purest ingredients help you gain muscle, boost metabolism, and achieve superior results.
- Complete Protein for You: Speed up muscle growth and recovery with the 9 essential amino acids your body can't produce on its own. With 24 grams of organic plant based protein, this high protein powder gives you complete protein for optimal performance.
- Keto Friendly, Paleo Protein Powder: Get your dream bod with our low-calorie, natural protein powder without artificial sweeteners. Our organic formula helps shed fat minus fillers or preservatives. It's easy to digest and doesn't cause bloating.
- Release the Warrior in You: Mix 1 scoop of our organic plant based protein powder in our shaker bottle with 12-16 ounces of water, milk, or nut milk. Shake vigorously for 45 seconds and enjoy 15-20 minutes prior to workout or competition.
- Fitness the Organic Way: Experience deliciously refreshing natural flavors with USDA organic and vegan, non GMO drinks that promote peak nutrition and help you achieve your ultimate athletic performance. Be an Organic Warrior today.
Review: Here’s another great vegan option for you.
Packed with 24 grams of protein per 38-gram serving, Organic Muscle Organic Vegan Protein is known for its proprietary protein blend consisting of organic pea protein, hemp protein, sancha inchi and Jerusalem artichoke.
- Decent 63% protein content.
- Loaded with all nine essential amino acids.
- Made with certified vegan and organic ingredients.
- 100% free from gluten, dairy, preservatives and hormones.
- Has 3 grams of fiber.
- Not known for having the best flavor.
- Protein content is good but there are products with more.
With its complete amino acid profile, this product can easily go toe to toe with dairy-based protein powders – like most products on my list of the best protein powder brands – in terms of protein quality.
Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal
- ON THE GO NUTRITION: 20 grams of clean, organic plant protein with 44 superfoods including organic grass juices, fruits and veggies and fiber to keep you satisfied
- POST WORKOUT RECOVERY: Help build lean muscle and boost energy with this power packed meal replacement
- VITAMINS AND MINERALS: This delicious vanilla protein powder is packed with 21 vitamins and minerals
- MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKE WITH PROBIOTICS: Tasty, smooth protein shake with 1.5 billion CFU probiotics and enzymes for easy digestion
- VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER: Organic, gluten free, Kosher, vegan, dairy free, soy free, Informed Choice Certified (Trusted by Sport), non GMO whole food protein
Review: If you’re the type of person who always wants to get maximum value for their money, then Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal is the product for you.
Aside from the 20 grams of protein it packs into every 35-gram serving, it’s also loaded with a wide array of other beneficial micronutrients, such as vitamins A, B12 and C, calcium, magnesium and zinc.
- Decent protein content per gram.
- Contains 6 grams of fiber in every serving.
- Loaded with micronutrients, probiotics and digestive enzymes.
- Comes in four delicious flavors: chocolate, vanilla chai, lightly sweet and vanilla.
- Organic, vegan and free from gluten, dairy and soy.
- Texture’s a bit gritty.
- Does not come unflavored.
You’ve probably heard of the saying “less is more.”
Well, that doesn’t apply to this product at all because aside from giving you a high-quality protein boost, it also provides you with vitamins, minerals, digestive enzymes and probiotics.
It’s also a super convenient and delicious way to get your daily dose of greens and other healthy foods.
Genuine Muscle Milk Protein Powder
- Contains one (1) 2.47 pound cannister (about 16 servings) of Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Powder. Packaging may vary. Shaker bottle sold separately.
- HELPS SATISFY HUNGER AND BUILD MUSCLE – Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Powder supplies your body with high quality protein to support post-workout recovery and muscle growth. Or try taking it to-go in a shaker bottle for an energizing on-the-go breakfast.
- KEY FEATURES – Based on 1 serving, Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Powder contains 32g high-quality protein, 3g sugar, and an excellent source of Calcium and Vitamins A, C & D
- VERSATILE AND EASY-TO-MIX – Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Powder dissolves easily in water; just mix 2 scoops into 8 fluid ounces of water using a shaker bottle. Shaker bottle sold separately. Also add to recipes when you are looking for a protein boost.
- SCIENCE BEHIND PROTEIN – Muscle Milk Genuine provides a combination of high-quality slow releasing and fast releasing proteins to help increase amino acid levels. These essential amino acids play a role in muscle growth and maintenance of muscle mass.
Review: Unlike most alternatives on this list, Genuine Muscle Milk has a more athlete-friendly macronutrient blend.
Aside from 32 grams of protein, it also has 20 grams of carbs and 9 grams of fat in every 70-gram serving, providing your body with everything it needs to not only preserve and build muscle, but also work harder during training.
- Excellent macronutrient mix.
- More calories per serving for better gains.
- Contains 3 grams of leucine per serving to promote better muscle protein synthesis.
- Top-notch protein digestibility.
- Free from soy and gluten.
- Not that easy to mix.
- Aftertaste takes time to get used to.
If a true meal replacement is what you want, then you should definitely check this product out.
Unlike most other protein powders than only have protein and not much else, it has a more balanced essential macronutrient profile.
Raw Grass Fed Whey Protein Powder
- ONLY 1 INGREDIENT: 100% Pure Grass Fed whey protein from the milk of jersey cows that graze freely on lush, green pastures year round. These small-farm cows are not only healthier but we believe happier too!
- Highest Quality, Cold Processed, NON-GMO, A2 Milk, Soy Free, rBGH/rBST Hormone Free, Gluten Free, Grass Fed, Heavy Metal Free
- No added sweeteners, preservatives or fillers & NO SOY lecithin. Processed WITHOUT acid or bleach
- Sourced 100% from US Sustainable Small Farms. Cow's diet consists of a variety of wild grasses and clover - producing milk rich in omega-3s and CLAs
Review: One of the very few products that can rival Naked Whey in terms of purity, Raw Grass Fed Whey has an impressive total protein content 21 grams per 25-gram serving.
It’s also made with just one ingredient and is 100% free from sweeteners, fillers, preservatives and other additives.
- 84% protein content.
- Cold processed to preserve nutrients and quality.
- Free from gluten, soy, heavy metals and GMO ingredients.
- Contains zero added sugar.
- Rich in CLAs and omega-3s.
- Packaging is a bit too flimsy.
- Not completely flavorless.
As far as pure whey protein powders go, this is about as pure as they come.
Add this to the fact that it has excellent protein content per gram and you definitely have a true winner in your hands.
Designer Protein LITE
- Contains 1 - 9.03 oz Jars; 10 grams of premium natural protein; only 60 calories, 0g fat, and 1g net carbs
- Complete with 23 vitamins and minerals that support wellness while converting protein, fats and carbs into useable energy.
- Includes Green Coffee Berry and Garcinia Cambogia - ingredients associated with lower body weight when combined with calorie-controlled food intake and regular exercise.
- 4 grams of non-GMO prebiotic vegetable fiber, plus probiotics (Lactobacillus Acidophilus, B. Longum, L. Plantarium), to support healthy digestion
- Gluten-free and Kosher; no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no preservatives, no growth hormones, and no antibiotics
Review: Building muscle while burning fat can be challenging, but Designer Protein Lite Protein makes it a bit easier by combining muscle-building and fat-burning ingredients in one ultra convenient package.
Loaded with 10 grams of protein, as well as green coffee extract and garcinia cambogia, in every 15-gram serving, it definitely has everything you need to get ripped faster.
- 67% protein content.
- Packed with fat-burning ingredients.
- Only 60 calories per serving.
- Loaded with micronutrients and prebiotics.
- Free from gluten, fat and added sugar.
- Texture is a bit gritty.
- Sweetener used has a slightly bitter aftertaste.
If you want to build more muscle while keeping your fat gains low, then this is the product for you.
Aside from the protein, it also has garcinia cambogia and green coffee extract, which are both known to help promote better fat loss when combined with a sensible exercise plan.
Natural Force Organic Whey Protein Powder
- New Monk Fruit Sweetener (No Stevia!) – You asked, we listened! The original “farm to shake” Organic Grass Fed Whey is now stevia free and sweetened only with organic Monk fruit!
- Low Carb Keto Friendly Whey Protein – Natural Force Organic Grass Fed Whey is certified Keto by the Paleo Foundation. Each scoop provides 20 grams of complete protein with only 110 calories and 3 grams total carbs.
- Eco Friendly Packaging & Sustainable Sourcing – Our whey is sourced from heritage breed Jersey cows that graze on lush, coastal California grasses all year long. It is then packaged in a BPA-free recyclable pouch that uses 70% less plastic than standard tubs.
- 3rd Party Tested & Certified - Every batch is produced in a certified cGMP facility and is 3rd party lab tested for quality and purity. It is then certified by leading organizations such as USDA Organic, Project Non-GMO, OU Kosher, and American Humane.
- 100% Health & Happiness Guaranteed – We value our customers and want you to be healthy and happy. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, simply send us a message from your Amazon account and our world-class Customer Support team will take care of you.
Review: Loaded with 20 grams of protein per 26.78-gram serving, Natural Force Organic Whey Protein takes pride in the fact that it’s not only 100% organic, but also uses four ingredients or less in all its variants.
It provides you with 42% of your recommended daily intake of protein in every scoop.
- 75% protein content.
- Minimally processed without heat or acid for maximum nutrient retention.
- Certified non-GMO.
- Highly bioavailable.
- Paleo friendly, kosher and gluten free.
- A bit pricey.
- Tends to get foamy.
Not a fan of too many hard-to-pronounce ingredients in your protein powder? Then definitely give this product a shot.
With no more than four ingredients in every variant, it’s rivaled only by Naked Whey and Raw Grass Fed Whey in terms of purity.
Quick Introduction to Gluten Free Protein Powders
Gluten free protein powders come all shapes and sizes.
There are dairy-based ones for people who don’t have lactose intolerance, plant-based ones for people who don’t consume animal products and specialty ones for those following a specific eating plan.
Long story short, no matter your dietary requirements and preferences, you can be sure that there’s a good gluten free protein powder for you.
Things to Consider in Buying Gluten Free Protein Powders
Kind of Protein Powder
Make sure that the type of gluten free protein powder you’re getting is specifically designed for your specific diet.
Allergies and Food Intolerances
While, in most cases, dairy-based protein powders have a higher total protein content and a more complete amino acid profile, you should only get them if you’re 100% sure you don’t have any issues with dairy.
Otherwise, you’re better off exploring other options. I included a couple of good ones for you in the list above.
Do you want something to use as a protein booster for your smoothies and other recipes? Or do you want something that you can just add water to and consume?
If it’s the former, then you’d want something flavored. On the other hand, if it’s the latter, then you’re better off with something that tastes neutral enough to be added to your recipes without affecting their taste.
Total Protein Content
A higher total protein content is always a good thing if you’re looking to build muscle.
If a meal replacement is what you want, though, then it’s okay to go with something with less protein but has other macro and micronutrients.
Is Whey Powder Gluten Free?
While all the whey powders on the list above are free from gluten, not all products in the market are.
So, be sure to check the label of the brand you’re eyeing first before making the purchase.
Is Soy Protein Powder Gluten Free?
Yes, soy protein powders are gluten free – provided they’re made with pure soy and don’t contain any additives that have gluten.
Just like with whey powders, check the label of your chosen product first before buying.
Is Pure Protein Powder Gluten Free?
It depends on what the protein powder is derived from. Obviously, products made with ingredients that naturally contain gluten would most likely still have it even though they’ve already been processed.
Don’t know which ingredients to stay away from? Just search for protein products marked “gluten free” to make your life easier.
Is Hemp Protein Powder Gluten Free?
Some brands are; others are not.
As a general rule, unless it’s specifically stated that the product you’re looking at does not contain gluten, then it’s safe to assume that it does.
Is Gluten Bad for You?
Not necessarily. Gluten is only bad for you if you have certain medical conditions, such as celiac disease.
If you’re perfectly healthy, then there’s really nothing to worry about.
But, to be sure, check with your doctor first before buying any protein powder or supplement.
Will I Lose Weight if I Stop Eating Gluten?
There is currently no scientific evidence to back up the claim that eliminating gluten from your diet can lead to weight loss.
Unless you have a medical condition that compromises your ability to process nutrients, the science is simple: calories in versus calories out.
Simply put, if you eat more and move less, you’ll store more fat.
Conversely, if you eat less and move more, you’ll store less fat. That’s really all there is to it.
The Bottom Line: Going Gluten Free is Easy
These days, whatever eating plan you’re on, the sheer number of gluten free powders you can choose from virtually eliminates the risk of you having to settle for a product you don’t like just because everything else contains gluten.
Don’t believe me?
Check my “best gluten free protein powder products” list above again. You’ll most likely find a good gluten free product you can use that also satisfies your specific dietary requirements.
If you found this post helpful, then be sure to sign up for our free newsletter to get more.
Just enter your email below to get started!