TOP 12 Best Gymnastic Rings for Home or Garage Gym Reviewed 2023
It’s used for training all manner of athletes from the ancient Olympians of Greece to the Navy and Army Elite.
CrossFit athletes, bodyweight fitness gurus and calisthenics guys all use GYMNASTICS.
So many reasons!
Gymnastic seriously improves agility, upper body strength, coordination, confidence and so much more.
That’s why I think a pair of the best gymnastics rings are a smart choice for your home or garage gym.
Based on my own personal experience, the advice and recommendation of friends, and review of other expert resources I present to you a list of 12 of the top gymnastics rings, plus tips on how to use them, hang them and what you must look out for before deciding on the perfect pair.
- Top 12 Best Gymnastic Rings Reviewed 2023
- Rogue Gymnastic Wood Rings
- Titan Fitness Wood Gymnastics Rings
- Rep Wood Gymnastic Rings
- Rogue Gymnastic Steel Rings
- Nordic Lifting Gymnastic Rings
- Iron Bull Strength Wooden Gym Rings
- Rogue Echo Rings
- Elite Gymnastic Rings
- Double Circle Wood Gymnastic Rings
- Evolutionize Power Gymnastic Rings
- Nayoya Gymnastic Rings
- Emerge Wooden Olympic Gymnastics Rings
- Wooden, Steel or Plastic – What is the Best Material for Gym Rings?
- How to Hang Gymnastics Rings?
- What are the Benefits of Including Gymnastics Rings in My Home Gym?
- How do I Use Gymnastic Rings & What are Some Good Workouts?
- Gymnastic Ring FAQ Section
- Your Search is Over, so No Need to Debate any Longer!
Top 12 Best Gymnastic Rings Reviewed 2023
Rogue Gymnastic Wood Rings
Review: These Rogue Gymnastic Wood Rings are some of the best rogue gymnastics rings. The natural wood feel is preferred by many athletes.
They are conveniently offered in 1.25 inch for CrossFit and 1.11 inch to match the International Gymnastics Federation specs. The fatter ring is more challenging and excellent for strengthening your grip.
- Made from sturdy Baltic Birch for a grippy and natural surface.
- Includes Rogue’s HD 1.5” wide nylon ring straps & buckle system.
- Grippy without chalk needed.
- Made in the USA.
- A little pricy.
Quality and durability from a brand you know & trust, Rogue Wood rings are a great choice for home and garage gyms.
Titan Fitness Wood Gymnastics Rings
- IDEAL FOR GYMNASTICS TRAINING: Gymnastics is a serious sport that requires a lot of hard work and dedication. Those who are determined to be the best put in hours of training and effort to perfect their skills. Now you can train from home with these Titan Fitness Wooden Gymnastics Rings. Youll get plenty of exercise and training with this gymnastics gear.
- USE FOR UPPER BODY EXERCISES: Looking to tone and tighten your upper body? These rings allow you to perform ring dips, pullups, muscleups, ring rows, and more. These exercises work a variety of muscles, including your deltoids, biceps, triceps, and abs. Before you know it, youll be ripped in no time!
- HEAVYDUTY MATERIAL: At Titan Fitness, we dont skimp when it comes to our products. Our fitness equipment is made from highquality material that is sure to last for years. These gymnastics rings are no exception! Theyre made from sturdy, solid wood that can support a weight capacity of up to 600 lbs. so you can rest assured that youll be safe as you swing from them.
- ADJUSTABLE STRAPS: With your purchase, youll also receive cam buckle straps. These straps are extra long, measuring 15. You can just throw them over a tree branch, pullup bar, or power rack to start performing your upper body strength training exercises. And they wrap up tight, so storing them wont be a problem.
- DIMENSIONS: These rings have a total diameter of 9.25" with the inside diameter being 8". The rings are 1.25" thick. Theyre extra wide for a more comfortable grip, which helps prevent blisters and calluses. They weigh approximately 4 lbs. and can support a weight capacity of 600 lbs. The straps are 15 long and have a width of 1.5".
Review: These solid wood gymnastics rings by Titan Fitness are a little les expensive that the rogue gymnastics rings made of wood, and are close in quality.
These rings are rated for up to 600 lbs, and include both rings and a set of straps.
Hey are finely sanded, very attractive, and will make a useful addition to your home gym and take your training to the next level.
- 25 inch wide rings – fat grip style.
- Includes adjustable cam style straps.
- Real wood rings – made with solid wood.
- Straps and clamps are not as high quality as the Rogue set.
The best gymnastics rings to buy for the home or garage gym on a budget.
Rep Wood Gymnastic Rings
- BUILD STRENGTH ANYWHERE: Our gymnastics rings are portable, lightweight, and super easy to set up. They're more effective for building superior core and upper body strength through dips, pullups, pushups, muscle ups, and other functional body movements. We offer several strap lengths to fit every need.
- FAST, EASY ADJUSTMENTS: The 1.5” wide numbered straps make set-up and height adjustment fast and easy. Whether in your home gym, box, or just outside in the park you can set up your rings and move between exercises in seconds.
- DURABLE, NATURAL WOOD FEEL: Our rings are made from natural Baltic birch wood, just like the rings used in professional competitions. The 1.11 inch diameter is great for those with smaller hands, or for anyone who wants rings compliant with Olympic Federation specs. 1.25 inch rings are ideal for those with larger hands, and are commonly used in Cross Training gyms and affiliates.
- QUALITY HARDWARE: We use only heavy-duty, easy to feed cam buckles that will never slip under load. The rings and straps are rated at 600lbs, and the straps come with velcro retention loops to keep the excess neat and tidy.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Order today and get a 1 year warranty against any manufacturer defects. Rep Fitness is a full-service equipment company headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We carry a full line of strength and conditioning equipment including benches, barbells, dumbbells, racks, cardio equipment and more!
Review: Rep wood rings are also available in standard 1.11 inch and fat grip 1.25 inch, just like the Rogue wood rings, but at a much lower price.
The 1.5 inch straps and cam style buckles are included in the set. These rep rings are rated to hold 600 lbs and are plenty strong enough for garage or home gym.
- Made from Baltic birch, smooth and strong with a natural grip.
- Velcro retention loops keep strap excess out of the way.
- Quick and easy strap adjustments.
- Great price.
- The number marks on the straps do not line up exactly as they should.
Best wooden gymnastic rings at the low-end price point, comes with everything you need.
Rogue Gymnastic Steel Rings
Review: These 1.25 inch steel rings are the very first product Rogue manufactured back in 2006, and they are still a best seller today.
Why get steel gymnastics rings?
Because these power coated rings can be used outside, without rotting or corroding. Steel gymnastics rings feel beastly and hefty in your hands, unlike chintzy plastic, or lighter wood.
Steel rings afford a more secure feel and are the best choice for the great outdoors.
- Ultra long lasting steel rings – not consumable like wood or plastic rings.
- 14 gauge steel.
- 25 inch fat grip CrossFit style gymnastics rings.
- Not as grippy as wood rings.
These Rogue steel rings are the best gymnastic rings for calisthenics done outside.
Nordic Lifting Gymnastic Rings
- GYMNASTIC RINGS: With included Heavy Duty Straps - by Premium Fitness Equipment brand Nordic Lifting™
- SAFE & DURABLE: Textured rings made of PC Plastic with straps 50% wider than other brands - Made to last
- EASY TO SET-UP: Completely new to using gymnastic rings? Don't worry, we've got you covered in our Installation Booklet
- A "MUST HAVE": In addition to Weight Lifting, Cross Training, Powerlifting, Gym and other heavy Fitness workouts
- INCLUDED: 2x Gymnastic Rings, 2x Heavy Duty Straps (with Buckles), Carry Bag, Installation Booklet - With an Unbeatable Lifetime Warranty
Review: Nordic lifting makes a decent set of gymnastics rings for a fair price. The extra wide straps strong enough to hold two 300 lb gorillas, included with your purchase. These hefty gymnastics rings also come with a detailed instruction and use manual and convenient travel carry bag.
They are a standard 1.11 inches and a good fit for smaller hands. The plastic is lightly textured, but not so much it tears your hands up.
- Rated for up to 620 lbs.
- Made from sturdy PC plastic.
- 5 inch straps and cam clamps included.
- The straps are so wide and heavy, quick adjustments are a challenge.
A great pair of plastic gymnastics rings, best gymnastic rings for home use for those with small hands.
Iron Bull Strength Wooden Gym Rings
- ✅ MAXIMUM VERSATILITY: Gym rings are one of the most versatile training equipment available. They can be used to perform any exercise you can think of: pullups, pushups, dips, rows, muscle ups and so many more. Ring training will also engage your core and stabilizing muscles on every movement for powerful and fast results. Great for CrossFit and strength training for men, women and kids! Hang them anywhere and start working out at the gym, the park or in your back yard!
- ✅ PREMIUM QUALITY RINGS: Our wooden gym rings are made from premium wood. They are heavy duty baltic birch wood rings rated at 600 lbs with a grip diameter of 1.25” for competition level and a superior natural grip.
- ✅ HEAVY DUTY RING STRAPS: Our premium straps are 1.5” wide and made from thick nylon webbing. They measure 15 ft long and have printed scales with incremental numbers every 6 inch for the fastest and easiest set up every time. Our heavy duty steel buckles will outlast any other buckles on the market and will ensure your straps will be SAFE, SECURE and will NEVER slip.
- ✅ QUICK INSTALL: We’ve designed our gymnastic rings so you can set-up, adjust and use in less than 5 minutes. Simply hang around any solid, strong piece of steel or wood, slide the sling from underneath the buckle (see listing images) and adjust both straps to be the same height with the printed scales. Enjoy training anywhere, anytime!
- ✅ 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We're confident you'll absolutely love our gym rings or any of our other products! If somehow you are not 100% satisfied, just reach out and contact us!
Review: No Bull! These Iron Bull wooden gym rings are awesome! I love that they are made from Baltic birch, just like the Rogue wood rings.
They are smooth, splinter-free, have great grip and are durable, all at about half the price.
While Rogue set the standard for wood rings, these Iron bull rings are close in quality with 1.5 inch nylon webbing straps that will not fail you, and quality, quick adjusting, cam style fasteners that are simply better than most of the rest.
- 15 foot long straps.
- 5 inch this nylon web straps.
- Grippy warm feeling real birch wood.
- May need a bit of finish sanding one you get them.
Iron Bull is a smart choice for the financially savvy home or garage gym owner who values quality.
Rogue Echo Rings
Review: Rogue plastic rings are economical when compared to other Rogue gymnastic rings.
If you want a set of plastic gymnastic rings, these are a great choice because they can be used outdoors, have the fat grip style 1.25 inch wide thickness and are made with special weather resistant plastic that stands up to the elements.
- 25 inch thick weather resistant plastic rings.
- Can be set up and used outside.
- Priced lower than other Rogue gymnastics rings.
- Not as solid and secure feeling as the Rogue metal rings.
Best gymnastic rings for CrossFit home gyms on a budget.
Elite Gymnastic Rings
- Our 9.25" gymnastics rings have a 7" inner diameter, with 15ft straps - perfect for a CrossFit dip!
- Anchor, buckle up, and ‘pull up’ in just 5 mins, with these easy to use, portable workout rings.
- Made from textured non-slip plastic, for a sturdy, secure grip - our gym rings won't bend or break.
- Our robust pull up rings are braced by high quality buckles & non-slip straps for champion support.
- Ideal for calisthenics, our fitness rings also come with a skipping rope and online workout guide!
Review: Elite makes a decent set of low budget gym rings for beginners and those who want to try out gym rings in their own home or garage gym without laying out a huge investment.
These plastic rings come in at a standard 1.11 width, with 1 inch straps, these make a good choice for smaller athletes, or those with small hands.
- Standard 1.11 inch width rings.
- Made from solid non bending polycarbonate plastic.
- Straps are only 1 inch wide and hard to thread through the cam.
On a tight budget or just want to give gymnastics rings a trial in your home gym? Try these Elite gym rings.
Double Circle Wood Gymnastic Rings
- [ Premium Quality Construction ] The Double Circle 1.25” CrossFit compatible rings are crafted to perfection with the best quality wood so they can be incredibly strong and durable. And unlike the usual plastic ones, the wooden rings are completely non-slip so you can have a strong and comfortable grip at all times.
- [ Ultra Convenient Straps ] Our Olympic rings are very easy to install and they have premium quality ultra-convenient 1.5” strong straps.The straps comes complete with 4 extra strong carabiners instead of the regular cam buckles.The carabiners and the numbered hook system allows for 4" adjustments; this allows for exacted lengths, preventing the need for minute adjustments.
- [ Never Miss A Workout ] Forget about having to go to the gym for your workout and wasting money on expensive gym memberships. You can now get a killer workout at home and wherever you go with the Double Circle athletic rings. The wooden rings are very compact and lightweight and they come with a convenient travel case, so you can easily carry them!
- [ Get Fit Fast ] And because we want to help you get your dream body fast, we give you with every set an amazing exercise videos guide and Ebook for free! This unique online video guide is packed with incredible exercises using our wooden gymnastic rings for your upper and lower body so you can get the muscular body you desire! Simply follow the printed instructions found inside the product box, to access the web-based exercises page.
- [ Order With Confidence ] Your satisfaction is our top priority and this is why we strive to provide you with the best products and service. So if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with our gym rings, we will give you a full refund or a free replacement with no questions asked!
Review: Double Circle wood gymnastics rings support the wider 1.25 inch CrossFit style width, making them a popular choice.
They feature high performance 1.5 inch straps and are precision numbered, so they match up exactly, unlike cheap brands.
The markings are embroidered on to the strap, which is much better than those with a printed overlay that wears away. Double thumbs up for these high-quality mid-range price wood rings.
- Completely unique carbineer style adjusters – better than the rest.
- Embroidered on strap markings which are precise and will not wear off.
- 25 inch width rings with 1.5 inch straps.
- 800 lb capacity.
- Can only adjust it pre-set increments – still, super easy and precise to adjust.
Easily the best gymnastic rings of 2023, unique carabineer adjustments and embroidered markings put this set ahead of the curve.
Evolutionize Power Gymnastic Rings
- FASTER, EASIER, STRONGER - Competition Straps included. Sets gymnastic ring heights perfectly, in seconds, every time. Our strap system removes the hassle of adjustable sliding buckles, and the frustrations of setting both rings at an even height.
- STEEL RINGS - Built from stainless steel with a textured black powder coated finish. All the durability of metal with an excellent hand feel.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE - We are so confident in the durability and satisfaction of this product, we’ll take it back if you have any problems at all. We are lifters just like you, just contact us and we’ll help!
- BORING DETAILS - 1.5” wide webbing, rings + straps functionally 3rd party tested (as a unit) over 1200 pounds, 6’ of adjustability, 12' long strap, 18 cm inner diameter (standard FIG specifications), 1.25” ring diameter, steel construction
- 5 STAR EXPERIENCE GUARANTEE - We're confident you'll absolutely love our Power Rings - or any of our other products! If somehow you are not 100% satisfied, just reach out and contact us!
Review: The Evolutionize Power gymnastics rings have strap adjustment similar to the Double Circle straps, with sewn-in carbineer quick adjusting straps.
But these straps are adjustable for just 6 feet, while the Double Circle brand is adjustable for 10 feet and has markings sewn or embroidered in.
However, this set is less expensive, so it is a great choice for those who want to hang the straps lower and save a few bucks too. You may also like the fact that these rings are steel, which has a hefty feel and can be used outside, another bonus.
- Straps are 12 feet long with 6 feet of adjustability.
- 25 inch wide steel rings.
- Heavy gauge steel rings can be used outside.
- The pre-set adjustments are not numbered.
A good alternative to Rogue steel rings at a lower price and with pre-sewn easy adjust straps.
Nayoya Gymnastic Rings
- BEST RATED GYM RINGS ON THE MARKET; Includes 2 Gymnastic Rings with straps and adjusting buckles; The rings are made of textured, grippable PC Plastic (to reduce slippage associated with sweaty hands)which is stronger, more durable and of higher quality material then ABS plastic rings and are capable of supporting up to 2,000 lbs making them the best quality gymnastics rings on the market
- TAKES 5 MINUTES TO SET UP, USE AND ADJUST providing you with a great home gym substitute
- UNLIMITED BODY WEIGHT EXERCISES; Ring training is a very mobile and versatile way to engage your muscles and core with exercises such as pullups, pushups, dips, rows, muscle ups for a functional and varied free range of movement; Great for kids to use in the backyard and for avid exercise lovers to use in the gym or anywhere they can safely hang them
- THE PROPER WAY TO INSTALL THE STRAPS is to go from underneath the buckle and slide the straps in the same direction the arrow on the buckle is pointing to; Note where the arrow points on the buckle for proper installation; Proper installation will ensure that your straps will be secure and non slip
- DEVELOP the aesthetically pleasing physique of a gymnast while strengthening your core, tendons, joints and accessory muscles
Review: These best gymnastics rings by Nayoya hold up to 200 lbs. These are PC plastic gym rings with a textured grip that prevents your hands from slipping.
These rings are an economical choice, much less than other gymnastics rings out there, and the eye-catching distinctive yellow makes a striking addition to your home gym.
- PC plastic gym rings can be used outside.
- Budget friendly.
- 25 inch grip width.
- Straps are narrower than the competition.
Budget friendly beginner gym rings, a great starter set for your home or garage gym.
Emerge Wooden Olympic Gymnastics Rings
- 【NON-SLIP HEAVY-DUTY BUCKLES】Wood gymnastics rings are using double-cam buckles made out of high-quality steel for secured ring attachment and stable strap tension & length adjustments. These durable, yet lightweight with a black matte finish that will not rust or corrode in the outdoor elements
- 【MILITARY-GRADE WEBBING STRAPS 1.5” WIDE】Wooden olympic rings heavy-duty ring straps are made of high-grade nylon webbing, which are much wider than typical brands. These ensure durability, safety of use, and high load-bearing capacity even as outdoor gymnastics equipment
- 【STURDY WOODEN GRIP】Gym rings with straps have a non-slip, moisture-absorbent, wooden finish to ensure superior grip for various routines. Even if you are in gymnastics, calisthenics or any other high intensity workout, wooden exercise rings don’t require frequent chalking and can prevent splinters, callouses, and skin tears
- 【INSANITY WORKOUT】With olympic rings with straps you can reach high-intensity full-body exercise starting from beginner to professional level with Ring Rows, Hanging Knee Raise, Ring Pull Up, Ring Flies, L-Sit, Ring Dips, Toes to Rings, Frontlever, Backlever, Reverse Pull Up
- 【FIG-CERTIFIED RING SIZE】1.11" / 2.79cm ring thickness x 7.1”/18cm inner ring diameter following the Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG) standard. 1.5”/3.8cm wide x 15ft/457cm length military-grade straps, non-slip workout rings with straps standard fig sizing are compatible for all hand sizes without straining gripping muscles.
Review: Outfit your home gym with a pair of Emerge wooden gymnastics rings to give it a pro look and feel. These rings are made with real solid wood and can hole up to 800 lbs.
- Includes heavy-duty straps and military grade 1.5 inch wide straps.
- Made from soft, smooth real wood with excellent grip and a natural feel.
- Standard size 1.11 inch rings.
- Cannot be used outdoors.
A high quality set of standard FIG spec wooden gymnastics rings at a fair price.
Wooden, Steel or Plastic – What is the Best Material for Gym Rings?
I personally like wood rings and wooden rings are what Olympic gymnasts use, but all three styles have their benefits and drawbacks.
Wooden Gymnastics Rings Pros and Cons
- Excellent grip – can be used without chalk.
- Natural, renewable material.
- Less callouses and blisters.
- Should not be hung outside.
- Usually more expensive.
- Cheaper rings may give splinters.
Steel Gymnastics Rings Pros and Cons
- Heavy, substantial, secure and stable feeling.
- Longest lasting – rings can last a lifetime (straps won’t, however).
- Can be used outside exposed to the elements.
- Can withstand heavy use and abuse-like a public park setting.
- May cause callouses – harder to get a good grip vs wood rings.
- May need a chalk to prevent slipping.
- A little more expensive than plastic gymnastics rings.
- No-go for really cold climates.
Plastic Gymnastics Rings Pros and Cons
- Far less expensive option.
- Can be used outside.
- Pretty durable.
- Can be slippery – probably will need chalk.
- Feel chintzy and unsubstantial.
- Inferior aesthetics – they just don’t look as good as steel or wood rings.
How to Hang Gymnastics Rings?
We have an entire guide on installing gymnastics rings right here.
This guide covers:
- How to hang gymnastics rings from the ceiling.
- How far apart gymnastics rings should be.
- How to tie gymnastics rings.
- Where to hang gymnastics rings.
- How high you should hang your gymnastics rings.
What are the Benefits of Including Gymnastics Rings in My Home Gym?
I love it when I see a garage gym with a pair of gymnastics rings. There are so many great spectacular reasons to include them.
Gymnastics rings benefits:
- They are inexpensive compared to other types of equipment.
- Gymnastics rings are fun to use.
- Gymnastics rings will challenge you.
- Gymnastics rings require a unique set of muscle recruitment and work stabilizer muscles unlike any other type of gym equipment.
- Gymnastics rings are portable and make a good travel fitness equipment option.
- Gymnastics rings are superior for developing a strong grip.
How do I Use Gymnastic Rings & What are Some Good Workouts?
This gymnastics ring resource from www.crossfit.com shows you how to do ring rows, skin the cat, inverted hang, pull ups, levers, pushups, dips and more – using your gymnastics rings.
YouTube is also an excellent gymnastics rings resource. Check out these videos for some great gymnastics ring routines you can do at home.
This beginner workout is extremely helpful to athletes who have just installed and started using gymnastics rings. Just because this routine is basic does not mean it’s easy.
No gymnastics ring exercise is easy – but that’s part of the fun, right?
He covers ring dips, ring pull ups, ring push-ups, ring rows, and even ring tucks for some abdominal training. This video is on point and easy to follow.
This gymnastics rings routine is a little more advanced and is for those who are able to accomplish the basics. I love the comical start to the video, but if you want to skip the intro start at 2:10.
This intermediate ring routine includes knee raises, chin ups, skin the cat in a tuck position, toes to bar, back lever, muscle ups and several other pretty challenging exercises.
Gymnastic Ring FAQ Section
What are the Best Gymnastics Rings Brands?
SPIETH & AAI – used in the Olympics, Rogue, Titan, Rep, Iron Bull, Nordic Lifting, Elite, Double Circle, Vulcan and Nayoya.
Interesting fact: Did you know that for the Olympics, women do not compete using gymnastics rings, only men compete using gymnastics rings in the Olympics.
What Sports or Athletes Use Gymnastics Rings for Training?
Olympic Gymnasts – Go Team USA! CrossFit, Functional fitness, Martial arts, bodyweight training, calisthenics, rock climbing, military, football, rugby, weightlifters, bodybuilders and anyone that wants serious upper body strength and muscle definition.
Don’t believe gymnastics rings can build strength? Check out the video below and see for yourself.
How do I Stay Safe Using My Gymnastics Rings?
You must check your setup and straps before using your rings. Rogue fitness created this AWESOME PDF resource to give you a visual on what to look out for. I highly recommend you take a look.
Why are Gymnastics Rings Used in CrossFit?
Because Greg Glassman said so.
Seriously, the founder of CrossFit got his start, athletically speaking, in Gymnastics in the 60’s and 70’s.
CrossFit was born from his start in gymnastics, paired with his realization that gymnastics alone was not enough to crush his competition. He realized that in order to be a great trainer, he needed to branch out into weight lifting and other functional fitness disciplines.
His style eventually morphed into what is today known as CrossFit.
Your Search is Over, so No Need to Debate any Longer!
If you love Rogue Fitness, which I do, I would recommend the Rogue wood rings which are some of the best gymnastic rings around.
If you want gymnastics rings that are a little less expensive and every bit as good, go with my other favorite, the Double Circle Wood Gymnastics rings. You will not be disappointed with either of these fine sets.
Like what you see here?
Do you want to see more articles and reviews like this? Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest news directly to your inbox.