Best Portable Dip Bars for Home or Garage Gym + 9 Reviews 2023
In the market for the best portable dip bar?
Portable dip bars, also sometimes called high parallette bars, are a good addition to your home gym or garage gym.
Dips target all three heads of your triceps, plus they can be used for chest exercises and more.
Here I am going to quickly review what to look for before choosing the best portable dip station, what exercises can be done using one (hint: there are many) and review 9 of the best portable dip bars out there.
Let’s get started.
- Quick and Dirty Guide to the Best Portable Dip Bars
- Is a Portable Dip Station Really Worth Buying?
- Portable Dip Station Exercise and Workout Ideas
- TOP 9 Best Portable Dip Bars for Home Reviewed 2023
Quick and Dirty Guide to the Best Portable Dip Bars
Ok, this guide will not actually be dirty, but I promise to keep it quick.
I have used a few different styles of dip stations and dip bars, and I have discovered these 4 factors are the most important.
This one is so important; which is why I list it first.
To do dips on portable dip bars you must bend your knees. Unless you enjoy hitting the ground with your knees on every dip, you need to make sure the height of the unit suits you.
Generally, if the dip bars are 31” or less, they will be good for athletes under 6 feet.
If you are over 6 feet, opt for dip bars that are at least 33” or preferably higher.
Width matters too.
In order to perform dips with correct form, you need to keep your arms close to your body. This is especially true if you intend to focus on the triceps.
If you want to focus on the chest, you can perform dips with your hands slightly away from the body.
Either way, the length of your arms is also a factor. If you are a petite woman, dip bars that are fixed far apart will not serve you well.
Honestly, dip stations with angled handles, or those that have an adjustable with are best.
3. Max Weight Limit
Check the max weight limit on the portable dip station before pulling the trigger on your purchase.
The less the max weight usually means the more wobble it will have as you use it.
A dip station with a high weight limit can be used with a weighted dip belt, another nice feature of high quality dip stations.
Knurled handles, suspension trainers and weighted resistance style belts are all examples of extras these portable dip stations may have.
A suspension trainer adds so much versatility and utility to your dip station, making it a more valuable investment.
Is a Portable Dip Station Really Worth Buying?
Is a portable dip station a good investment?
You may get more utility out of a Complete dip station or tower power, and if you decide to head that direction take a look at our best power towers here.
Power towers can be used for more exercises, but they do have their drawbacks.
First, they are considerably more expensive. While many portable dip bars can be had for under 100 dollars, and even less than 50 dollars for a few, power towers usually cost double or triple that.
Portable dip stations are also smaller and easier to store out of the way, in addition to being a lot shorter.
Something to consider if you have low ceilings (think basement), live in an apartment, or have a small home or garage gym and can not spare the extra space a power tower uses.
Portable Dip Station Exercise and Workout Ideas
Learn how to target Triceps or the chest using dips
The key to targeting triceps is keeping your arms closer to the body. This is why dip stations with angles handles, or dip stations that have an adjustable width, will allow you to change the distance apart you have your hands.
To target the chest, the opposite is true. You need to have your hands a little farther from your body to target the chest.
Be sure to check the width of the dip station before purchasing one. Bonus points if they are angled or otherwise adjustable.
What other exercises can portable dip bars be used for, besides dips?
Elevated Push ups:
Prop both feet up on one of the bars and get into push up position. Elevating your feet makes the pushup even more challenging.
You can also use this position for extended and bent arm planks by holding your arms in either an extended or bent position for a minute at a time.
Or really challenge your arms by alternating between extending and bending your arms during the plank.
Looking for a whole body workout?
This fast paced two minute video (below) quickly demonstrates a Complete Dip Bar Workout for the Whole Body.
The demo includes agility moves, body weight exercises, triceps, chest, and plyometric moves.
There really is a lot you can do with a piece of equipment as simple and inexpensive as portable dip bars.
TOP 9 Best Portable Dip Bars for Home Reviewed 2023
Titan Fitness HD Dip Station
- Usage: Tricep dips, armpit dips, rows, leg swings & other exercises; Can be used with push-up rings or straps
- Durability: Heavy duty steel frame and tough powder-coated finish are built to last
- Safety: Foam grips and floor pads prevent slipping; 750 lb. real weight capacity
- Convenience: Easy to assemble; Light and portable
- Design: 1-piece design & extra-wide base make it hard to tip; Ergonomic foam handles for easy grip; Plastic feet avoid scratching your floor
Review: This Titan Fitness HD dip station is large enough for tall users and sturdy enough to use with weighted dip belts.
It is reasonably tall, at 39” and is 20” wide, so you have room for dips, leg swings and more. This is a useful piece of equipment to invest it, you will not regret it.
- 750 lb weight capacity.
- Wide anti-tip base.
- Durable foam grips.
- Assembly can be challenging.
One of the most sturdy dip bars for home gym and garage gym.
Fuel Pureformance Dip Station
- SPECS – Assembled dimensions are 29.92" x 24.8" x 38.58".
- CONSTRUCTION – Built with 12- and 14-gauge steel with a durable, powder coat finish and gussets for added stability.
- FEATURES – Angled, padded grips add comfort while performing exercises. Open, pass through design adds versatility. 12- and 14- gauge steel construction with gussets adds stability and the durable powder coat finish prevents rusting.
- VERSATILE – This bodyweight training station allows you to target the chest, shoulders, triceps, abs, legs and more.
- FUNCTIONAL – Open, pass through design allows multiple exercises to be performed, such as chest dips, pull ups, hanging leg and knee raises, and more.
Review: This durable upright dip station is built to last a lifetime.
It is powder coated, has a wide stable base, and is made from sturdy steel. It includes a chart of suggested exercises, with pictures, so you can see the variety of exercises you can accomplish with this unit.
- 300 lb weight limit.
- Super compact, sore against a wall.
- Great Price.
- The foam on the handles is thin.
A high quality, well rounded portable dip station at a reasonable price.
Ultimate Body Press Dip Bar Fitness Station
- THE PATENTED DIP STATION: The patented adjustable Dip Station with 2 width positions that correctly fits you and every member of your family. Dip Station stands 3' tall to fit users up to 6. 5' in height and builds up to 350 lbs
- EASY STORAGE: The only Dip Station that folds easily for transport or storage with fast color-coded spring-tab assembly that requires no tools. Quick-adjust leveling feet are firm on every surface
- BETTER FORM: Exclusive angled grips ergonomically reduce strain and support proper form to rapidly sculpt arms, chest, shoulders and core. Premium pads and thick wall steel stand up to your most rigorous workouts
- BETTER BALANCE: Bodyweight rows balance your chest results with back development. Take your workouts further with optional Bodyweight Resistance Trainers or the Weighted Dip Belt Agility Trainer for intense full body training (accessories sold separately)
- DESIGNED IN THE USA: Ultimate Body Press is a North Carolina company committed to delivering better workouts every day. Includes Prime eligible shipping and USA customer service.SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE: The Dip Bar Fitness Station is backed by Ultimate Body Press against manufacturer's defects for 10 years
Review: This sturdy portable Dip bar is made from 1.5 inch steel tubing and a be assembled using no tools.
You can get optional accessories to add even more variety to the exercises that you can do on it, including a resistance band style “weighted” dip belt and agility trainer and push up trainers.
- 3 feet tall.
- 350 lb max weight.
- Portable, folds flat and locks for easy carry.
- Wobbles slightly when you are doing dips.
One of the best dip bars for home with the available push up and dip belt agility upgrade options.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-BH6507 Dip Station
- SOLID STEEL FRAME: Durable steel frame makes this dip trainer excellent for your home gym. Get the confidence to increase the intensity of your workout with the dip bar fitness station that will support you.
- SAFETY CONNECTOR: Unlike traditional dip stations, the Sunny fitness dip exercise equipment is connected through the adjustable safety connector. This will allow you to contract and extend the bar to your liking from 20” to 28”.
- FOAM HAND GRIPS: Soft foam grip handles are designed for comfort during your exercise. Non-slip handles allow you to perform your dips and pushups without experiencing hand fatigue.
- FULL BODY WORKOUT: The dip bar fitness station will help you sculpt arms, chests and shoulder muscles.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Measuring at 46L x 26W x 30H the dip station works as a compact personal fitness trainer for any home gym. The low impact, strength training workout exerciser is very easy to assemble.
Review: The Sunny health and Fitness dip bar station makes a great addition to your home or garage gym.
It is priced right and simple to put together and use. It has a stabilizer bar across the bottom for added security and is best suited for athletes 5’10” and under.
- Adjustable width.
- Connected bars make them more stable.
- Made from 1.5 inch steel tube.
- 30 Inches tall, better for those under 5’ 10”.
A good set of portable dip bars for the money.
Body-Solid Commercial Dip Station
- Oversize 1 3/4" diameter dipping bars
- Slip-proof rubber grips
- Electrostatically applied powder coat finish
- Assembled Dimensions: 53"H x 38"L x 27"W
- Distance between dip handles 19" at base to 21" at end
Review: This Body Solid Dip station was thoughtfully designed with an ample 38 inch height and handles that flare out, causing dips to focus on the pectoral muscles.
This a premium quality dip station, at home in or in a commercial gym or your own garage gym.
- 38 Inches tall.
- Very stable and solid, 400 lb max weight.
- Comfortable foam padded and angled handles.
The best dip bars for home gym or commercial gym. The Finest quality.
Lebert Fitness EQualizer
- FULL WORKOUT: Lebert’s EQualizer XL home fitness dip stand is a convenient exercise station offering superior stability and unparalleled versatility. Configure the free-standing bars to maximize your workout to increase balance and build muscle strength.
- COST EFFECTIVE: Create a gym experience without a membership or expensive equipment. Each XL 31” bar supports 400 lbs and users between 5’10”- 6’1” tall. Stacks, stores and travels easily so you can use it anywhere, anytime. Perfect for the entire family!
- INDESTRUCTIBLE CONSTRUCTION: 10+ years of research and technology helped to perfect the bar design. Ergonomic neoprene grips protect hands and wrists with extra comfort. The wide base creates a stable foundation that won’t come apart, dent or lose shape.
- ONLINE FITNESS EXERCISES: Browse our video gallery to view over 100 exercise routines and proper forms. Execute simple push and pull bodyweight resistance exercises and movements to target specific areas of your body. Includes hip resistance band.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: An innovative industry leader, Lebert Fitness designs quality functional products to inspire a fitness lifestyle. Committed to the environment and fitness our community giveback program recycles returns to local charities.
Review: These brightly colored dip bars by Lebert are not connected and therefore very easy to store out of the way when you are not using the.
They have comfortable handles, a nice enamel finish, and are offered at a reasonable price. The fact that they are not connected at the bottom means you can use one to do raised push up’s.
- Includes workout DVD demonstrating how to use the bars.
- Very easy to assemble, under 5 minutes.
- Comfort grip foam handles.
- 31 Inches high. OK for those under 6 feet tall.
Useful and attractive dip bars.
RELIFE Dip Station
- 💪【Powerful & Solid】Dip stands made of heavy duty steel and supports to 300LBS, durable steel construction provides safety assurance during exercise.
- 💪【Connecting Rod】4 holes each sides for adjustable with pull knob, just pull the knob a little bit, you can move the rod, then adjust the holes you want.
- 💪【Adjustable Foot Strap】Different face of the foot cover thickness is different, you can adjust it at any time to fit the ground and prevent it from shaking.
- 💪【Adjustable Height】Height is 31.11-35.04 inch, you can adjust it based on yourself. Perfect for bar exercises, dips, pull ups, push ups, leg raise, bench press and more, works arms, chest, back and muscles.
- 💪【Customer Service】ONE-YEAR WARRANTY on main frame, LIFE WARRANTY on all other vulnerable part. If you have any question, please feel free to contact us through E-mail.
Review: These ReLife portable dip bars are adjustable height up to 34.25 inches, plus they are connected at the bottom to add stability, and they hold up to 350 lbs securely.
Plus, since they are independently adjustable, you could use each bar at a different height to mix up your routine.
- Adjustable height up to 34.25 inches.
- Foam grim comfort handles.
- Non-slip rubberized feet.
- A little wobble when using.
Adjustable and easy to use dip bars.
Trademark Innovations Fitness Training Dip Station
- Easy to Assemble
- Rubber stops protect any surface
- Comfortable foam padding for gripping
- Strengthen arms, core and chest
- By Trademark Innovations
Review: One of the most economical set of dip bars available because not only are they offered at a low price, but they include the push up suspension trainers.
Works for dips, inverse rows, aussie pull ups, suspension style push ups and more. A multipurpose little dip station.
- Includes push up suspension trainer hangers.
- Excellent price.
- Comfy foam handles on the bars and push up suspension trainers.
- Does not fold up.
Best dip bars for home that include a few extras like the suspension handles. A great choice!
Yaheetech Heavy Duty Dip Stand
Review: This Yaheeteh dip station has an impressive 500 lbs weight limit and is built for heavy duty use.
This freestanding dip station has a stabilizing crossbar, easy grip knurled handles, and stands at 53 inches tall.
If you are tall or heavy or both, this is the dip station for you.
- Suitable for weighted dips, max load is 500 lbs.
- Built from 2 by 2 inch square steel bar.
- Knurled handles for optimum grip.
- The handles are not angled.
For the height and quality, the price is absolutely unbelievable. This is the best choice portable dip bar station for tall and heavy users.
That concludes my review of the best portable dip bars.
To see more reviews like this and other excellent home and garage gym equipment, sign up for our newsletter and we will send reviews right to your inbox.
Be sure and drop me a line in the comments below and let me know which of the best portable dip bars you picked out for your home gym.