15 Best CrossFit Shoes for Wide, Flat & Narrow Feet with Reviews 2023
Getting a pair of CrossFit shoes that fit right is crucial to getting the most from CrossFit.
Poor fitting, or incorrect style shoes can cause pain, foot injury, or even a sprained twisted ankle.
If you have wide, flat or narrow feet, we have a list here of 15 of the best CrossFit shoes for wide feet, narrow feet and flat feet you should check out.
But first, a quick discussion on what you should look out for before choosing your perfect goldilocks pair.
- Keep This in Mind Before Buying CrossFit Shoes for Wide, Flat or Narrow Feet
- TOP 5 Best CrossFit Shoes for Flat Feet 2023
- TOP 4 Best CrossFit Shoes for Wide Feet 2023
- TOP 6 Best CrossFit Shoes for Narrow Feet
Keep This in Mind Before Buying CrossFit Shoes for Wide, Flat or Narrow Feet
The Specific Activity
Metcons need training shoes that are flexible and durable, generally with a drop of between 0 and 4 mm.
Metcons involve exercises for agility, speed, coordination, metabolic conditioning, speed training and can include running.
Shoes for this type of activity should be completely unsupportive, unpadded and flat to avoid injury to the athlete.
Shoes for heavy lifting generally have a solid stable base and a dense or even hard heel.
A large drop, sometimes up to or over 22 mm to give you a slight lean forward, and straps to lock your feet in.
Running shoes typically have cushion or padding under your foot to protect your knees and joints from impact and return energy back to your stride.
These shoes are the opposite of training shoes like Nike Metcons or Reebok Nanos, which have little to no cushion under foot.
Advice and Tips
Many CrossFit athletes swear by barefoot style or minimalist shoes. Give them a try if you find traditional trainers are too bulky.
Remember: for Metcon trainings, the ideal shoes are Unpadded, Little structure, really light weight and flat with 0 to 4 mm drop.
Lifting shoes need a stable, solid base or heel- nothing cushy squishy or padded.
TOP 5 Best CrossFit Shoes for Flat Feet 2023
ASICS Men's Gel-Craze TR 4 Cross-Trainer
- Mix up your fitness routine with the versatile performance of the ASICS® Gel-Craze TR 4 cross-training shoe.
Review: The Solyte midsole and Rearfoot gel pad make this Cross Trainer a good choice for flat feet.
This shoe sports plenty of impact protection while also performing well in the gym or CrossFit box. The high abrasion resistant outsole and flexibility of the shoe make it a good shoe to train in.
- High abrasion resistant upper.
- Rear foot gel cushion for superior impact protection.
- Fluidride midsole provides support and bounce.
- Good arch support.
- Lacks reinforcement in key areas of the upper.
A great shoe for when the WOD calls for running or agility work.
New Balance Men's 1260V7 Running Shoe
- 8 Mm Drop**
- Blown Rubber Outsole
- Engineered Mesh
- No-Sew Material Application
- Ortholite Insert
Review: This is the CrossFit shoe for those with flat feet who DO want solid arch support.
The shoe has both a nitro infused Fuel cell midsole and a layer of Abzorb foam cushioning for good arch support and impact protection. Some of the best CrossFit shoes for flat feet.
- Abzorb foam layer and Fuel cell midsole layer support flat arches.
- External heel counter locks foot in and adds stability.
- One of the best CrossFit shoes for wide flat feet (available in wide and extra wide).
- Purists may find this shoe too cushy, not good for heavy lifting.
Provides excellent support for CrossFit athletes with flat feet or who overpronate.
NIKE Men's Free Train Versatility Running Shoe
Review: The NIKE Free Train Versatility Training shoes make a great choice for those with flat feet looking for arch support.
There are two midsole layers, a removable foam insole and the dual density phylon midsole. You can remove the insole to customize the level of arch support.
The sole of the shoe has hex-shaped lugs for multidirectional traction- great for agility and plyometric exercises.
- Multi direction lugs for traction in any direction.
- Good choice for wide and flat feet.
- Flywire laces help shoe comfortably conform to your foot.
- Narrow in the toe box.
A great NIKE training shoe for wide or flat feet.
Inov-8 Men's Bare-XF 210 V2 Cross-Trainer
- For speed training.
- Lightweight natural fit: Updated materials, now lighter with better breathability and more room for toe splay and a pure feel.
- Flexibility: Meta-flex technology allows natural flexing in the forefoot and the new Adapter web cradle lacing system holds your foot secure in the shoe- both ensuring the shoe moves naturally with the foot.
- Grip: The 3mm outsole composed of inov-8’s patented sticky rubber compound and designed with maximum surface area coverage provides minimal disjunction between foot and surface.
- Durability and Protection: Updated 360 degree Rope-tec delivers traction and durability on rope climbs while the Italian blown rubber toe bumper provides protection.
Review: From the “Y” lock heel lock system that keeps for foot secure to the Rope tec and added toe reinforcement, this shoe is designed for CrossFit.
These CrossFit shoes are ideal for athletes with flat feet who prefer minimal arch support.
The new 210 v2 is sturdier than previous models and much better suited to functional style training than previous versions.
- 0 Drop – low to ground feel – just 6mm between your feet and the ground.
- Includes RopeTec and A reinforced toe.
- Super flexible sole.
- Really limited color options.
Great barefoot style CrossFit shoe for athletes with flat feet who want minimal support.
Reebok Men's Nano X1 Cross Trainer
- Versatile Workout Shoes: Workout the way you want - these combination training and running shoes enable you to jump, climb, and even throw the barbell around with complete confidence
- Soft & Durable Upper: These iconic training sneakers for men feature a Flexweave knit upper that's breathable yet durable, with integrated support for multidirectional movement
- Stabilizing Foot Support: Enhanced with a shock-absorbing EVA foam midsole, these men’s athletics shoes are ideal for high-intensity workouts, crossfit, cardio, lifting, climbing, and running
- Built For Speed: The sleek shape and ultra-stylish design of these lightweight workout shoes for men helps you crush your workout goals and feel good about what you're wearing too
Review: The new Nano X1 is a shoe designed with not only functionality, but also sustainability in mind. The upper is made of plant-based Flexeave that is both comfortable and durable. The front part of the shoe is cushioned with Floatride Energy Foam, that is made with castor beans.
This versatile shoe is a combination of training and running sneaker, making it ideal for high-intensity workouts, as well as running, climbing and even weight lifting.
- Floatride energy foam for a comfortable fit.
- Flexweave make it both breathable and strong.
- Shock-absorbing EVA foam stabilizes foot.
- Back heel is higher than in other models which some find uncomfortable
One of the best Reebok CrossFit shoes for flat feet. It’s breathable, lightweight and very comfortable, if you don’t mind the high back heel.
Want to see more shoes for flat feet? Click here for more training shoes for flat feet.
TOP 4 Best CrossFit Shoes for Wide Feet 2023
Reebok Women's CrossFit Nano 8.0 Flexweave
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIAL: These flex weave woven sneakers provide resilient stretch and support; Re-engineered Flexweave technology provides stability and flexibility
- EFFICIENT FOOT SUPPORT: These stylish trainers with new heel bootie construction with added cushioning provides ultimate performance comfort
- COMFORTABLE AND STURDY DESIGN: This footwear features Toe Tection that provides durability for high-intensity workouts; Low-cut design for an increased ankles mobility so you keep moving all day long
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE SPORT SHOES: Ideal for workouts and weightlifting
Review: Reebok has been doing it right for years with their Nano line and the Nano 8.0 is no exception.
The Nano 8.0 is made from incredibly durable Flexweave, which makes a difference in a harsh gym environment where shoes take a beating.
The Nano 8.0 is suitable for wide feet, has a wide comfortable toe box, and is reinforced in the lace area, another common problem area for training shoes. Reebok really thought of everything with this excellent CrossFit shoe.
- Rope Pro grip on the sole and sides.
- External heel counter for added support.
- Flexible yet unusually durable upper.
- Reinforced toe.
- They run a tad small, but stretch over time.
Top Reebok CrossFit shoes for wide feet.
NIKE Men's Metcon 4 Training Shoe
- Cameo Department Skirt. Midi length styling. Zip closure. Fully lined. Contrast stipe detailing.
Review: The NIKE Metcon 4 was specifically designed by NIKE for cross training and weight lifting. The shoe works well for wide feet, has a stable flat base, ideal for lifting, and multi-direction grip for traction in all directions.
If the WOD calls for short runs, heavy lifting, jumping, pushing or pulling, the metcon has you covered.
- Texture overlay on mesh upper for a durable shoe that can take abuse.
- Rope Tec built into the sole for superior grip, wear and strength.
- 4mm drop.
- Removable insole.
- Shoe tends to get hot.
The most durable Nike Metcon yet, everything you need for your WOD.
New Balance Men's 40v1 Minimus Training Shoe
- REVlite midsole foam
- Rapid Rebound forefoot
- No sew overlays. Synthetic or mesh upper with tpu reinforcement
- Molded External Counter
- Removable insert
Review: New Balance Minimus 40v1 is an excellent cross training shoe for wide feet. It has just a little cushion in the heel and midsole to make this a decent shoe for a little running, while still being a good lifting shoe.
The Vibram rubber sole is flat and the base of the shoe provides a stable platform for lifting.
- Available in Wide and Extra Wide.
- Rev lite heel and Rapid rebound midsole make this minimalist shoe decent to run in.
- Rubber reinforced lace eyelets.
- Flat stable base for heavy lifting.
- Need more color options available.
Really good CrossFit shoes for wide feet, these New Balance Minimus will not disappoint.
Reebok Men's Legacy Lifter
- TPU heel piece in the midsole for stability and control
- Materials: Perforated synthetic leather upper with mesh for breathability
- Anatomical shape with double upper straps for a customized, locked-in feel
- Grip rubber provides traction and durability
- Exoframe technology in the heel for added support
Review: The Reebok legacy lifter is ready for competition with a wide, solid heel and 22 mm drop, you will feel secure busting out your next PR.
The heel clip is made from extra hard TPU and the shoe has two lockdown straps so you feel secure enough to focus on your heavy lift and not your lifting shoes.
- 22mm drop.
- Wide stable heel.
- Competition ready.
- Takes a while to break in.
An excellent lifting shoe for wide feet.
TOP 6 Best CrossFit Shoes for Narrow Feet
NOBULL Men's Training Shoes
Review: These Cross Trainers have a stiffer sole and narrower build than other trainers, which is why they have so many die-hard fans.
Their uncomplicated look is another reason they are so popular. The upper is made from durable guard plate infused fabric that is super durable and flexible.
The sole has multi-directional lugs for agility work and the shoe has a flat, stable base for lifting.
- Laces have real, reinforced eyelets.
- Fabric is heavy duty, durable and flexible.
- 4mm drop.
- No arch support.
The best CrossFit shoes for narrow feet with an understated look.
Altra HIIT XT Men's Cross-Training Shoe
- DESIGNED TO IMPROVE: Natural Foot Positioning, Toe Splay, Comfort, Stability.
- PLATFORM: Fully cushioned Zero Drop platform and FootShape toe box. CUSHIONING: Medium. STACK HEIGHT: 24mm. LAST: SL2.
- MIDSOLE: Dual Layer EVA with A-Bound. OUTSOLE: Rubber. INSOLE: 5mm Sculpted Footbed. UPPER: Quick-Dry Air Mesh.
- OTHER FEATURES: Natural Ride System.
- IDEAL USES: HIIT, Gym Training, Cross Training, Light Running. WEIGHT: 11.2oz./318g.
Review: This Altra HIIT training shoe is a good fit for athletes with narrow feet. The sole comes up over the side, similar to NIKE Metcons, which adds significant stability to the shoe.
The toe box sports a natural foot shape so your toes can lay in a natural position, the insole is removable as well, so you can choose your level of cushion.
- 0 drop training shoe.
- Foot shape toe box – allows natural foot splay.
- Removable insole support.
- Runs small.
This CrossFit shoe is a good choice for narrow feet.
Reebok Men's Yourflex Train 9.0 Xwide Shoe
- Neoprene upper
- Low-cut design
- Reebok delta logo on side
- Flexible outsole
- Microweb technology on medial and lateral quarter panels
Review: These Extra wide Reebok Cross Trainers are comfy and super lightweight.
They can be worn for long periods of time, unlike many trainers, so if you are on your feet all day, check these out.
- Extra Wide.
- Super light weight.
- Comfortable cushy midsole.
- Some find the shoe too soft, not substantial enough.
The all day, every day trainer for wide feet.
Inov-8 Women's F-Lite 250 Fitness Shoe
- Versatile fitness shoe featuring breathable-mesh upper with contrast logo on wide toe box
- Lace-up closure
- Padded tongue and collar
- Removable foam insole
- Compressed EVA midsole
Review: This shoe is a hybrid lifter and metcon style shoe. It has an 8 mm drop, higher than most CrossFit shoes, plus a power heel, which is a dense, stable lifting heel, so you can power through your heavy lifts confidently.
It also features Rope tech grip, reinforced toe, and is roomy in the toe box. The Inov-8 F-lite 250 is a good choice WOD shoe for wide feet.
- Power heel specially designed extra dense lifting heel.
- 8 mm drop.
- Flex groves in the sole so you can move during metcons and agility.
- Runs small, order up.
A great hybrid lifting – WOD – Metcon trainer for wide feet.
Nike Men’s Metcon 3 Training Shoes
- CUSHIONED FOR TRAINING. A drop-in midsole is firm in the heel and softer and more flexible in the forefoot. This gives you the stability you need for training plus the cushioning you need for short runs.
- Stability for Lifting. A flat platform and firm-rubber heel give you powerful stability for explosive lifting. The shoe's all-around support lets you train with confidence.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE. Embroidered material in high-wear areas adds durability without excess weight.
- Flywire cables offer powerful lockdown.
- Mesh on the heel and ankle help keep you cool.
Review: Nike Metcon 3 shoes are one of the best CrossFit shoes ever made in terms of performance. They can take all the abuse the sport throws at them and keep on going.
The sole of the Metcons extends up over the sides for added strength, stability and protection while climbing a rope.
- Drop in midsole.
- Low profile dense heel – great for lifting.
- Sole extends up the sides for stability and added durability.
The best Nike CrossFit shoe made.
Asics Men's Fuzex Tr Cross-Trainer Shoe
- fuzeGEL Midsole: ASICS' newest GEL cushioning technology made from the fusion of GEL and foam creates lightweight adaptable comfort, providing rearfoot shock absorption that shifts to forefoot bounce.
- Forefoot GEL Cushioning System: Enhances shock attenuation during propulsion.
- Solyte Midsole Material: A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS' standard EVA and SpEVA. Also features enhanced cushioning and durability.
- Training Specific Lasting: Designed to accommodate the foot in specific areas and the secure the foot in place for the various dynamic or stationary movements demanded in cross-training.
- AGILITYWEB: Designed with a flex groove pattern specific to ASICS Training footwear, providing flexibility and stability where it is needed most for the versatile and modern approach to training.
Review: This Asics Fuzex cross trainer is one of the best CrossFit shoes for narrow feet. It’s also good for running.
With front and rear gel, and two midsole layers it has plenty of impact protection and energy returning bounce.
- Fuzegel and Solyte midsole layers.
- Heel and forefoot gel pads.
- Antimicrobial sock liner.
- Not great for lifting heavy.
Comfortable and lightweight cross trainers for narrow feet.
That wraps up 15 best CrossFit shoes for wide feet, flat feet or narrow feet, and I hope you find the right fit for your feet!
Don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter to get access to exclusive content and get notified of new shoe and gear reviews as they come out.
We only need your email address and we never send spam!
Want more shoes?
We have more CrossFit Shoe Reviews for Women and CrossFit Shoes for Men, be sure and check them out!