One of the most rewarding parts of fitness is being able to look at yourself in the mirror after a long, hard workout and seeing your guns pumped!
Biceps are a favorite workout for many, and today we are going to look at how we can take your arms to guns and then maybe even cannons.
There are a number of ways to get great, ripped biceps, but today we will be looking primarily at the best preacher curl machines.
Preacher Curl Benches
|Body Solid Olympic Bench Package|
|Marcy Folding Standard Weight Bench|
|Xmark Seated Preacher Curl Weight Bench|
|Goplus Adjustable Weight Lifting Bench|
|Soozier Incline Flat Exercise Free Weight Bench|
- TOP 8 Best Preacher Curl Benches Reviews 2018
- Body Solid Olympic Bench Package
- Marcy Folding Standard Weight Bench
- Xmark Seated Preacher Curl Weight Bench
- Goplus Adjustable Weight Lifting Bench
- Valor Fitness CB-6 Adjustable Arm Curl Bench
- Pure Fitness Adjustable Seated Preacher Curl Bench
- XMark FID Flat Incline Decline Weight Bench
- Soozier Incline Flat Exercise Free Weight Bench
Preacher curl benches are machines that allow the user to isolate the biceps by specifically targeting the area that you need to work on.
With most having pads for your elbows, you are allowed to move your arms so you can work certain fibers of the bicep.
Preacher curls can be done by using preacher curl machines that are pin-loaded like you see at most gyms.
However, you can also use your own free weights in conjunction with a bench to do them.
A further alternative is to use the pulley machine with a preacher curl bench. No matter how you do it, you are isolating the biceps because you are not moving any other body part or gaining added momentum.
When searching for the best preacher curl benches, there are a few things we need to look for.
First is the material that it is made out of. This is directly related to how well the bench will hold up.
A cheap bench that is made poorly will cost you more in the long run. We also need something that is capable of supporting us. So, we need to point out what the weight capacity is.
Another consideration is what other exercises can be done on the bench? Will it just be for preacher curls?
The size and potentially the weight of the bench is also a concern for many because everyone only has so much space.
The size of the person is also a huge factor for your search. Lastly, the comfort of the bench is key as well. If it isn’t comfortable, it simply won’t be used.
For the purposes of this list, I will be including any bench that allows you to do preacher curls on it. For instance, all multi-purpose benches that have a preacher curl bench are fair game.
Oftentimes, these can be an added bonus, especially if you are searching for a bench for other uses as well.
One more thing before we begin the reviews.
For an adjustable bench to be included, it must have an actual preacher curl bench included.
While we can take a simple bench that declines, inclines, and lays flat and use it, it doesn’t exactly meet the spirit of this review!
TOP 8 Best Preacher Curl Benches Reviews 2018
Body Solid Olympic Bench Package
This is a premium piece of workout equipment. It has just about everything you would want to have in a workout bench.
- Excellent choices for the number of workouts you can do. You can work biceps, shoulders, back, legs, and chest.
- Can withstand a significant amount of weight. The maximum capacity of the bench is 600 lbs, so you should be able to move huge amounts of weights if you like.
- It is composed of heavy steel, which means it will last you a very long time unless you are the most extreme of bodybuilders and are too rough on it. Even though, I believe it will last much longer than just about any other bench.
- You can do both spring-loaded moves and free weights on this machine with its various combination of set-ups.
- The benches are adjustable, very thick, durable, and very comfortable due to their Durafoam technology.
- The price: this set is quite expensive up front. However, for someone that is very serious, you are probably going to spend way over that building up your home gym. So maybe this is right for you!
- Another possible issue is the amount of space that it takes up. If you have a relatively large garage or room, you will be fine. But if you are limited on space, this may not be the best for you.
- Some assembly will be required, no doubt. Keep this in mind and know that it will have, relatively more work to be done than most other options.
Marcy Folding Standard Weight Bench
Marcy is a great bodybuilding equipment manufacturer and this product shows why!
- The preacher curl pad looks like one of the most comfortable pads you can find. It is also quite large, so you can use this bench for wide preacher arm curls to work a different muscle group.
- The bench has four separate positions that you can set it to. It also allows you to put a bar in for chest presses if you would like.
- This bench folds up very easily and quickly for storage, so if you have a gym in the garage that also has a car in it most of the time, this may be perfect for you. Just fold it up and you’re done!
- This bench can withstand up to 600 lbs of pressure. So, if you weigh 200 lbs, you can use 400 lbs of weight safely.
- Assembly will be daunting as it has over 180 different parts and will likely take two people unless you are a builder.
- There appears to be problems for people that are on the taller side of the spectrum. They appear to have issues getting comfortable because their head hangs off the bench. Keep this in mind when making your decision.
- The price may be high to many, but this should be overcome by its quality in stability and comfort as well as for its ability to fold.
Xmark Seated Preacher Curl Weight Bench
The first 100% Preacher Curl bench makes the list at #3 and is quite the machine.
- The pad has eight vertical adjustments that can be made to it. This allows users to adjust for height as well as what part of the biceps they want to work on.
- The pad is quite wide, so you can use a barbell or dumbbells on this bench.
- The cushion is extra thick and durable as it is made out of “Duraguard” vinyl.
- Many regard this to be of higher quality than a regular preacher curl bench for the home, so you can bring the gym experience to your home!
- This is quite expensive for a single-purpose bench. If you are someone that is on a budget and would like to have the option to do preacher curls and save some money, this may not be your bench. However, the quality is great.
- This bench, unlike the Mary bench, does not fold up. This means that you’ll have to have a dedicated spot for it at all times unless you want to constantly move it. This is something to keep in mind.
Goplus Adjustable Weight Lifting Bench
This is a bench that offers a lot of value in exchange for some of the quality of the other three items on our list, yet it still should be considered.
- The price: The amount of things that you get with this package is unbelievable.
- Included in this is the bench, which is equipped with the capability to do preacher curls, as well as a rack for squats and other exercises.
- The price does indicate that the quality is lacking when compared to our other options. For instance, the foam thickness of the bench is only a little over an inch. This is in comparison to the others being 3 inches plus.
- This bench is probably not a good bet for a real heavy-duty lifter or someone that is very tall. It simply is just a little too rickety for someone that will be literally slinging weights around.
- The assembly will be difficult as the instructions are very difficult to understand. For me, assembly is already the worst part, so this might tip you over the edge in regards to this product.
Valor Fitness CB-6 Adjustable Arm Curl Bench
Valor fitness is known for bringing professional gym quality equipment to the homes of people who want a quality workout without having to travel to get one.
This is easy to use, and it won’t crowd the floor of your home gym.
- This is a compact piece of workout equipment designed specifically for bicep curl workouts. If you don’t have a lot of space in your home gym and you really want to be able to get some preacher curls in, this is a perfect compromise on space.
- This bench can handle up to 250 pounds of bar weight, which is perfect for the average lifter. There’s no reason why the typical workout enthusiast would need to be able to lift much more than that, so you aren’t paying for a capacity you won’t be able to use.
- Rest pads are made of a comfortable high density foam. You won’t be able to feel the metal through the padding, which can make for an uncomfortable lifting session. You’ll be getting the support you need.
- This machine comes with durable rubber base caps that will keep you from scratching up the floor of your home gym. Even if you don’t have mats layed beneath it, your floor will probably be fine with regular use.
- This isn’t a comprehensive home gym piece. It’s dedicated specifically to one kind of workout. That’s fine if that’s all you need, but if you’re looking to do more with less, you might want something a little more versatile.
- This requires some basic tools for assembly. You’ll probably want to use a crescent wrench or a 17 mm socket wrench to make sure you’ve got everything held together tight.
Pure Fitness Adjustable Seated Preacher Curl Bench
This is a compact and stylish piece of preacher curl equipment that will look good and fit perfectly in any home gym, whether it’s big or small.
This is just as good for a beginner as it is for an expert.
- It’s easy to accidentally cheat when lifting. By relying too much on the pad, you aren’t getting a real workout. The design of this bench forces the user to actually do the workout. The angle of the pad make it almost impossible to “cheat”.
- This machine is equipped with wheels on the front. If you need to get it out of the way when you aren’t using it, you can simply tilt it forward and roll it to a different location. This is great for people who need to save space.
- Since the weight capacity is up to 350 pounds, it’s almost impossible that a user will outgrow its capabilities. You’re getting a little more durability than you need just to help you stay on the safe side.
- This machine comes at an affordable price. It’s designed and priced competitively. You’re getting similar quality to a machine that might cost twice as much. This is a great budget find.
- Since this bench is made of lightweight metal, you need to be careful with it. Don’t overtighten the bolts or use the machine in a way it wasn’t intended to be used. You might wind up damaging it.
- Because this machine is lightweight, you also won’t want to store weights on it when you’re not using it, as it may tip over. It’s meant to be put away between uses, rather than left up and ready at all times.
XMark FID Flat Incline Decline Weight Bench
This is practically a full home gym for the cost of only a preacher curl machine.
It’s a versatile piece of equipment that’s a great choice for home gyms that were built specifically for muscle building and strength training.
- This bench is completely adjustable. It can be used for flat presses, or raised all the way up to a 90 degree angle for regular good posture. The preacher curl pad also adjusts to three separate positions in order to allow you to customize your workout.
- All of the cushions are padded with a thick high density foam and double stitched for added durability. They’re coated with vinyl to make it easy to clean and sanitize your benches between workouts. Your equipment won’t smell like sweat after a few uses.
- This is more or less a complete gym for lifting. By adding a power rack to the back, you’re getting the ability to do almost everything you’d ever want to do. It’s only a small step up to turn this bench into the cornerstone of your garage gym.
- This comes at an affordable price for what you’re getting. It’s more versatile than similar pieces of equipment, and comes in at the same price range. If you’re looking to get the most for your money, you’re going to love this preacher curl bench.
- Because of the way the seat adjusts, there’s a small quarter inch gap between the pads when the bench is adjusted to a fully flat position. You’ll need to make sure you’re in the right position before you start working out.
- Unlike similar benches, this one doesn’t have an optional lat attachment. If you really want one, you’ll need to buy a different piece of equipment to use along with this bench.
Soozier Incline Flat Exercise Free Weight Bench
This bench is cheap in price, but not in quality. You’ll be able to do a lot more than just preacher curls, as it offers you the ability to get a full body workout without ever having to switch between different pieces of equipment.
- This comes with a preacher curl attachment, a leg attachment, and an overhead weight rack. You’re getting everything you need for a full range of weight lifting activities. You won’t need to buy anything else to get a complete workout.
- Since this bench is adjustable in many ways, it’s great for people of a wide variety of heights. A youth fitness enthusiast will be able to use it to the same extent that someone over six feet tall would be able to use it.
- This is an ideal choice for people who don’t want to buy a lot of equipment, and are also limited on space. You’re getting a lot for your money, and you won’t need to crowd your garage with accessories and smaller pieces of equipment.
- This is more of a starter bench with slightly lower weight limits. The average fitness buff will do just fine, but someone more experienced with lifting very heavy loads may want something more durable.
- For extra security, you might want to use metric box wrenches to assemble this bench. Most people have basic wrenches around the house anyway, so this may not be a problem for some users.
There’s the list! As you can tell, you are going to get what you pay for.
If you want the best-quality stuff, you will pay a little more than you would for something that isn’t quite as high quality.
Picking the best preacher curl bench for you will come down to how these machines weigh up to one another and what you need.
If you want something that will allow you to do more than just preacher curls, then you have three choices.
Need something to take up as a little space as possible? Pick a folding option!
Want a preacher curl-specific bench to complete your collection?
No problem! No matter what you do, I know those biceps will be super pumped in a few months!